Thread: Please insert correct DVD-ROM and restart application

Default Please insert correct DVD-ROM and restart application

Hey all,

I've been through the forum, and while a few people have had the same problem, as far as I can tell no one has ever solved it.

I have installed Medieval, but when I insert disc one, while the start game menu boots up, it then tells me to insert the correct DVD-ROM and restart the application.

The disc is bona fide, it is definitely a problem with my PC, as I had exactly the same problem with Rome: Total War. I was unable to play it on my computer in that case, and ended up installing it on my brothers (newer) computer, where it worked fine.

My computer spec is suitable for the game, I am wondering whether it is a problem with my DVD drive, which is a DVD rewriter.

Would really appreciate any help, was gutted I could only play Rome when my brother wasn't, and now I've moved out, I might not be able to play medieval at all!

Many thanks

boythorne

Default Re: Please insert correct DVD-ROM and restart application

Hello,
    I had this problem too.

Solution: Use the Windows-Driver for your DVD-Rom, not your Chip-Driver ( SIS,VIA,etc ).
    Go in DVD-Rom settings and update your Driver to the Windows-Driver.
    Delete the Chip-Driver.

So it worked for me!

Greetings

I'd say you need a new DVD-Drive, the one you have sounds knackered.

Thank you very much for your quick reply

Have tried flashing the firmware on the DVD drive, and no joy. Could it be the security on the disc is defeating my computer?

Will try to get my hands on another DVD drive?

Well upgrading my graphics card seems to have made a difference.

Unfortunately still not perfect. I'm now crashing when I choose to run a battle myself, and not just crashing - the whole computer restarts!

i used to get the same problem. strangely enough,my pirate bro had this same problem at his house and opened up one program of his called gameride or something. he said then it worked. A/w i downloaded said program and it works like a charm,asside from the lag caused by gameride

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.