Thread: Still problems with battles

Default Still problems with battles

Right seriously considering taking the game back now...on none of the campaigns can i play custom battles, i havent got any of the geography files that people are talking about, i have reinstalled twice, i have changed my settings to the lowest of the low and nothing works....some one please help me....

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Still problems with battles

Geography files? Please explain further... haven't heard of any such thing...

Under proud patronage of halie satanus and House of Wilpuri
    Perge cornu canere - sclopetum repleo!
    Trans: Keep honking - I'm reloading!

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

when u unpack the game files there r two new_geography files that appear, one is a txt file and one is another type of file. this all started with 1.01 patch for vanilla. i've heard claims that the 1.02 patch fixed it, but i dont think thats the case, even with the 1.03 patch.

these files for some reason cause a problem with the rendering of the battle maps.

now brother r u saying that u dont have the files, or that u have specifically deleted them?

if that is the case then i dont know wat to tell u. the geography files have always been the ones that typically cause that problem. and i have never heard of that specific problem happening for any other reason.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Tech Help.

yeah...i have never seen them when i was installing. When i installed it i had to reinstall MTW 2 but nothing came up about the the unpacking...is there another patch that i can get which would solve the rendering problem because i would hazzard a guess at that being the cause...i can set the battles up, but...the screen will either get the loading screen and crash seconds later or it will get to the battle then crash. The biggest problem seems to be with settlements...it doesnt like them at all...

Geography files have nothing to do with your problem, unless you unpacked the game. Since you don't know about unpacking, I doubt you did.

Do you get an error message?

i dont remember having to unpack it...maybe that would solve the problem how do you unpack the game....

the error message reads as follows..

MTW 2 has had a unspecified error and has quit..or something along those lines..