Thread: How's the mod progressing?

Default How's the mod progressing?

Hi DoK team,

How's the mod's progress overall fairing?

hellas1- Eagerly anticipating this mod!

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How's the mod progressing?

Hey hellas1,

We have run into several roadblocks. I know that people are eagerly waiting for this mod to come out...and we appreciate your support. Beginning tomorrow morning, I am actually going to have some real time to put the map together. After that is done, it will get shipped off to Fra70, who will add the factions and other things. So, it is hard to put an actual date on the mod. All I can say is that we have not given up and it will be finished.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Never had a doubt that the mod died; it just went undergroung for a little while, so that like Kane in Command and Conquer, would rise up and take the world (or at least the twcenter's community) by storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

I've been away from TWC for sometime, but as a member of DoK team I would say that now as LC has time for this again we will probably see mod out soon.

Hi DoK team,

I hope this mod is going o.k. for you.

Anticipating it eagerly.

hellas1 P.S. Are you waiting for B.C. to be released to borrow ideas per se?

No. I don't believe that we are going to borrow any ideas from BC..

I have discussed with LC about the progress and it is going to take some time. LC have added some of the factions to the map (I'm not sure about the map. Is it our own or is it the Retrofit mods map?).

So it is going to take some time, but I hope that we have this thing out before year -08.

-Heretic

The Map is our own and we have no plans to borrow anything from BC.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

I don't know, it would be nice if we could borrow some of their animations. But, I believe the map is based off Spurius' Big Map, but with a few modifications.
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    But, I believe the map is based off Spurius' Big Map, but with a few modifications.
    The map started as the Original BigMap by Spurius. I have made many, many adjustments since then, however.

-John G. Hartung

What have you and Fra done to the map to modify it? You probably already told me somewhere, but I have a lot of schoolwork, so I forget things. Oh, and you already gave me rep so don't worry about my signature.

Hi Dok Team, (I guess it's just L.C. now?)

I just repped L.C. for his timely responses and HereticFang for their ballsy mod.
    I know you guys got skills. Just looking at the faction count is and this mod's historical aims to that effect along with its' fun playability is staggering.

Nuff said, hellas1

P.S. Could you kindly include many custom battle maps & historical battles from Kingdoms? (If legal.)

BTW, the "Professor" who's running Polemarchia T.W. has made 6 custom battle maps and they ARE good.
    Please look at them.

Peace.
    Last edited by hellas1; November 14, 2007 at 12:16 AM.

Jeez, you stay up late just to see this mod. I like your dedication. They should be able to leagally add the historical battles. It's not like the mod is hidden in a dark corner of the net.