Thread: Back to RPM 2.3 (Bigmap) revision

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Back to RPM 2.3 (Bigmap) revision

Greetings to all.

10/24/2007
    This is revision 2. This one goes through all the regions and the resources to get things matched up. While I was at it, I found name discrepencies among the regions. I changed some to what I am more comfortable with but if you have a problem with my choices, tell me with your reasoning. I can change them, again. The resources can be changed also, just state your case. Just unzip it into your Medieval2TotalWar folder, delete the map.rwm and enjoy yourself.

This may seem like a step backwards but it is necessary to move forward. Version 2.4 is too unstable to revise until version 2.3 is "finished". The plan is, since 2.3 is stable and before all the eyecandy was added, to work out the kinks with these three added facions first.

You will find attatched sb2ean's file with a few minor tweaks to get things going:
    removed Darth's ai
    added captain portraits for Ireland, Mali, and Sweden
    made a couple of map tweaks.

Future work:
    menu symbols
    resources
    missed roads and ports

To use this without crashes, delete your regionmodBM folder from your Sega/Medieval2TotalWar folder. The biggest change if when I removed Darth, I had to redo the export_descr_unit.txt. You don't remove the folderand just load this on top of it, it will crash.

Then just unzip into your Sega/Medieval2TotalWar folder and overwrite everything.

Thanks to,
    CA and Sega for the game and the modding possibilities
    Spurius for the bigmap
    Sb2ean for this mod and hopefully approving of what I am trying to accomplish
    Dimitri_Harkov for taking time out of his mod to help me
    Any and everyone else who has tried to help

If you have any fixes that need to be addressed, have a wishlist, please tell me. I need the input.

TRy this link: http://rs236l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bi...36416584643150
    Last edited by irishron; November 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Back to RPM 2.3 (Bigmap) revision

Since Rapidshare doesn't work, thanks Dimitri, here is a link to Filefront http://hosted.filefront.com/irishron/ and look for RPM_2.3.zip.