Thread: Fixed the sounds_accents

Default Fixed the sounds_accents

Ok, did some reading on this site and found out that in order to change a sound file, you have to edit the sound file then rebuild the events.idx and events.dat files. In order to do that you must have ALL of the sound txt files. So... Download the sound text file from the downloads section of this site, extract them from the rar, copy all of those files to your data folder of your mod EXCEPT the desc_accents or whichever file you've changed. Keep the changed one though obviously. Now goto sounds folder of your mod and delete the events.idx file and events.dat file. Start up the mod and the game will rebuild those files including the changes you made.

BUT YOU MUST HAVE ALL THE SOUND FILES or it won't rebuild.

Default Re: Fixed the sounds_accents

alot better with Novgorod speaking eastern european then english I might add

oh and you can give me an Irish faction as my reward

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    Ah, thanks so much for doing this! If you don't mind, could you post the 'fix' somewhere?

Sound files always skerred me! 'Cause it involved deleting stuff and relying on the magic of 'science' to rebuild them

Might

Ah, thanks so much for doing this! If you don't mind, could you post the 'fix' somewhere?

Sound files always skerred me! 'Cause it involved deleting stuff and relying on the magic of 'science' to rebuild them

Might have to turn to you as the next release gets closer to help out with the new factions, mate!

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1590

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri View Post
    As I posted in another thread (I had a rather convoluted way of doing it until I realised there was a simpler solution ) you actually need the old M2TW text files in the main M2TW\data folder as well, as the files Caliban posted are just the files that have changed for Kingdoms.
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; October 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post

Might have to turn to you as the next release gets closer to help out with the new factions, mate!

try this

try this
    Nice! Thanks