Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: frogbeastegg's guide to M2TW: Kingdoms

Default frogbeastegg's guide to M2TW: Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by froggbeastegg
    Now that part 1 (permalink) has gone up on the official site I can reveal the existence of Frogbeastegg's Guide to Medieval II: Kingdoms.

Part 1 covers the Britannia campaign.
    Part 2 will cover the Crusades campaign.
    Part 3 will be the Teutonic campaign.
    Part 4 is the Americas.

There is no schedule for the release of any of these parts. They're being produced in my spare time with information provided by CA. I aim to get them done as quickly as possible. The amount of time I have to work on them varies considerably due to my job, my recreational writing and my strange desire to see my boyfriend once in a while.

Regretfully I must say that there will be no updates for these guides. No revisions, no additions, no corrections, no updates to reflect patches. I simply don't have the time to manage that. The guides are as correct and complete as I can manage when I submit them to CA.

I have no plans for further guides outside of those four named above.

While CA have been helping me and are the sole hosts of the guides they are in no way official.
    This 14 000 word, 27 page guide is a must-read for kingdoms fans

Britannia Campaign Guide
    Crusades Campaign Guide

New links as of 4/06/2017:

frogbeastegg's Guide to M2TW - Part 1: Britannia
    frogbeastegg's Guide to M2TW - Part 2: Crusades

See post #70 (click here) for more info. ~ Frunk
    Last edited by Frunk; June 04, 2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Links updated.
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Default Re: frogbeastegg's guide to M2TW: Kingdoms

I saw it yesterday.
    Part one is For Brittania.

Nice job frogbeastegg

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Very awesome guide, a must-read before Britannia campaign
    I especially liked culture feature and Englishstrategy of evacuating from Ireland and focusing against the massive Welsh uprising
    Kudos to lady frogbeastegg
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

FrogBeastEgg is a top notch writer. Even when she's writing about some part of the game that's a wee bit boring I'm always pleased by her elegant prose.

Thank you from all of us FBE.

I haven't bought the game yet, but I was under the impression that all the campaigns are far too easy. Are they, in fact, tough enough to deserve a hints and tips guide?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Great guide! Thanks FrogBeastEgg!

Shiny new account

Thank you all, belatedly in some cases

Sonofcrusader, the guide is not purely about how to win. Half of it is spent detailing the differences from the standard campaign and explaining how they effect gameplay. There's also a listing of all the events and when they happen, and some other goodies. It's the kind of information people enjoyed reading in my older guides.

I found the Britannia campaign was a shade more challenging than the standard one. Culture is a great effect as it forces you to slow down and consolidate. It's no longer possible to grab an enemy settlement, install a cheap garrison and move out on the next turn. Money felt harder to come by.

By contrast, I'm finding my H/VH Antioch Crusader campaign to be very easy. Far too much money from turn 1, and my armies can walk all over the Turks.

Not sure what the other two campaigns are like. I haven't played them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Shiny new account

Thank you all, belatedly in some cases

Sonofcrusader, the guide is not purely about how to win. Half of it is spent detailing the differences from the standard campaign and explaining how they effect gameplay. There's also a listing of all the events and when they happen, and some other goodies. It's the kind of information people enjoyed reading in my older guides.

I found the Britannia campaign was a shade more challenging than the standard one. Culture is a great effect as it forces you to slow down and consolidate. It's no longer possible to grab an enemy settlement, install a cheap garrison and move out on the next turn. Money felt harder to come by.

By contrast, I'm finding my H/VH Antioch Crusader campaign to be very easy. Far too much money from turn 1, and my armies can walk all over the Turks.

Not sure what the other two campaigns are like. I haven't played them yet.
    Could you please post a link to your M2TW guide? Thanks...

Oh, and "FRIST!"

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Excellent reading. BTW, I did abandon Ireland, wich made me able to eliminate the Welsh on the 8th turn, by capturing all three settlements simultaneously.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

This is a great guide indeed. Froggbeastegg, you deserve reputation from not just me, but from everyone who views this thread. I especially like the Scotland guide, it was really helpful!

--ΛΟΥΣΙΟΥΣ ΤΖΟΥΛΙΟΥΣ

sharky4u's Avatar Civis

Good Job!
    There are two kinds of officers, sir: killin' officers and murderin' officers. Killin' officers are poor old buggers that get you killed by mistake.

Murderin' officers are mad, bad, old buggers that get you killed on purpose - for a country, for a religion, maybe even for a flag!

There is only one error in the guide, when she lists conditions for the Welsh uprising she neglects to note that the reinforcements only come when the conditions are met when Llwellyn is still alive. If he dies say on Turn 1, you're just out of luck.

Thanks again (This forum needs a bowing icon)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadmium77 View Post
    Could you please post a link to your M2TW guide? Thanks...
    There is no guide for vanilla M2TW. The original idea was for me to produce one with help from CA, but a few things took time to organise and by the point everything was ready to go it was felt that a Kingdoms guide would be more use.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs
    There is only one error in the guide, when she lists conditions for the Welsh uprising she neglects to note that the reinforcements only come when the conditions are met when Llwellyn is still alive. If he dies say on Turn 1, you're just out of luck.
    Argh! Drat.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Argh! Drat.
    So will there be a version 1.1? Joking it's a minor mess up.

Fix it here, it you would rather not wait for the company. I've noticed it really makes Wales tougher--in the games I've played since I fixed it, they always seem to end up cutting a swathe through England. Not sure if that's just the English AI not being able to handle all the fronts like the player can or if CA didn't notice the bug and thus when it works as intended Wales becomes unbalanced.
    Last edited by SSJPabs; October 24, 2007 at 03:27 PM.

Thank you, frogbeastegg, that's an excellent guide. Looking forward to read the other parts.

And of course, +rep to you

great guide +rep

Britannia, Teutonic, and the Americas are the harder campaigns
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Great Guide frogbeastegg, thank you

As always an excellent guide and an enjoyable read, frogbeastegg. Helpful, well structured and actually makes you want to go home right now and start a new campaign. Thumbs up!
    And I am really looking forward to your teutonic campaign guide. I managed the Americas campaign with the spanish with no trouble at all, but playing as the order in the teutonic campaign I had my head handed to me. In a bucket. Twice. By unwashed heathens. That was quite humiliating. So help me get my revenge!

Excellent informative guide!
    OMG! using your advice, the second time on H/H I beat the Norwegian campaign, feeling preety good about myself!

Please come up with the Crusades guide soon, I'm dying for an informative walkthrough on my fav faction BYZANTINES! Keep up the good work, kudos to you.....
    THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS PRINCE CONSTANTIUS

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    As always an excellent guide and an enjoyable read, frogbeastegg. Helpful, well structured and actually makes you want to go home right now and start a new campaign. Thumbs up!
    And I am really looking forward to your teutonic campaign guide. I managed the Americas campaign with the spanish with no trouble at all, but playing as the order in the teutonic campaign I had my head handed to me. In a bucket. Twice. By unwashed heathens. That was quite humiliating. So help me get my revenge!
    No need to heed this advice, but uh..you might want to try the Teutonic Campaign with the Lithuanians on normal/normal difficulty.
    That always is a avaliable solution
    THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS PRINCE CONSTANTIUS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast