Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How will u Command ur Fleet

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default How will u Command ur Fleet

First:Id Set Sail With my American Fleet Look at all of the Beautiful Scenery and get the feel of how the ships Sail in the wind Gusts And Storms And rain and thunderstorms.And watch My sailers do there dutys Apond the ships.Watch with awe!!!

Secondly:Id Take my Fleet To take on the Brittish Fleets and Take Very good thought of how im going to Engage Each of The Brittish fleets.And Carefully Plan out my Plan of Attack Apond there ships.Will i Smash cannon balls Through Each and everyone of there ships hull.Or will i Board Everyone of there ships one by one Takeing Control of all there ships and watch the carnage on each ship as my men board and Clash Agenst the ENemy Sailers and Marines.Or will i Destroy there sails and take Menouverability over there ships.And Destroy there ships to the bottom of the sea.The feel of Gun smoke and Splinters Flying all over and flying into brave men as they Fight to keep There ships above sea and reloading Cannons.And Fire blazes as ships burn during the night!!!

Third:I will Then Take Control of the Seas With my Fleets and Show the world my military Might on the seas And take control of the Entire Sea with no one to Challange me.

Reason for this post is i want people to tell me What they want to do with there New 3d Navies and what there going to do with there new found fleets.And what Are there plans and tactics There going to plan for there Naval Power And might over the Great Seas.And how they want there Battles to look like hehe and how they want it to feel as they play.Give me some Stories guys i know yall can do it.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: How will u Command ur Fleet

now if you could start up ur own faction that would be awsome or even becomeing a rebil nation

1st-well id start by bulding up some ships for expation
    2nd-than ill set up trade amognst the islands raid other merchant ships and raid on other nation docks
    3rd-than id go after either the American Fleets or British Fleets taking them out by either destroying them all, or taking them as my own

well than near the end id have to challange you too see who has the strongest fleet.....lol
    online play would be sweet...
    In War Its Dosn't Mater Who's Right, But Instead Whos Left.
    Going Down In Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Drag529 View Post
    now if you could start up ur own faction that would be awsome or even becomeing a rebil nation

1st-well id start by bulding up some ships for expation
    2nd-than ill set up trade amognst the islands raid other merchant ships and raid on other nation docks
    3rd-than id go after either the American Fleets or British Fleets taking them out by either destroying them all, or taking them as my own

well than near the end id have to challange you too see who has the strongest fleet.....lol
    online play would be sweet...
    LOL yes that would be sooo sweet Online Campaigning Agenst 12 other people or 8 othere people WOULD BE SOOO Sweet i heard MTW2 was spose to have that Feature But ended up not haveing it sadness =((.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

yea i heard that too,
    but if they made this gameit would make it up..lol
    Going Down In Flames

yea i heard that too,
    but if they made this gameit would make it up..lol
    I dream For it but I highly Doubt They will Do online Campaigning Just yet There getting close to it i Really Beleave they are and closer if the Domand for it is high.

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

well they will more than likly make it in the near future..
    Going Down In Flames

I would first build a fleet and then attack ships that came to close to america,then whith the ships i captured i would divide into 3 fleets,1 would carry troops the others would be warships to protect my fleet,if one of my 2 warfleets were capturd
    i would still have another one.i would ally with the frenc and invade england .

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I hope its realistic so if you hit off the side of another boat it breaks off wood instead of just bouncing off. If you can board other ships then thats probably going to be my main tactic

well they will more than likly make it in the near future..
    I Beleave so

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I hope its realistic so if you hit off the side of another boat it breaks off wood instead of just bouncing off. If you can board other ships then thats probably going to be my main tactic
    Ow man Boarding is Gana be Lots of fun!!!!.Board Them!!! YOU SLIMY DOGS TAKE EVERYTHING U SWINE lol.

Please do not double post. Edit your posts instead. Thanks! -Empress Meg
    Last edited by Empress Meg; October 18, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Get hoards of cheap ships and just sail them straight into the enemy.

Cheap and effective
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

it should be very difficult for America to field a navy that's even comparable to any European one's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke View Post
    it should be very difficult for America to field a navy that's even comparable to any European one's.
    lol its total war not a history Lesson lol.Anything can happen

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

It can happen. But did the Barbarians in Rome develop legionaries? Or did the Selucids put aside their phalanx for broadswords? Did the Holy Roman Empire start launching horse archers everywhere?

Ever faction has its advantages and disadvantages, and the navy is one of America's. Sure if their economy was tremendously larger than a European powers, then they may be able to develop a fleet able to go toe to toe against them, but should their economy be on even footing, a European fleet should be mightier.

It can happen. But did the Barbarians in Rome develop legionaries? Or did the Selucids put aside their phalanx for broadswords? Did the Holy Roman Empire start launching horse archers everywhere?

Ever faction has its advantages and disadvantages, and the navy is one of America's. Sure if their economy was tremendously larger than a European powers, then they may be able to develop a fleet able to go toe to toe against them, but should their economy be on even footing, a European fleet should be mightier.
    yes it would be hard to master but it will and can be done all id have to do really is play it out conqure lands and build my fleet as i go easy smezy.But yes ur right i mean it will be hard to go toe to toe with European fleets but as i said id carefully plan my attacks capture take back to my ports and stuff.Build my economy as i go.
    Last edited by stradar1; October 15, 2007 at 05:25 PM.

Well, hard to master makes it seem as if, if you were talented, then using an American navy would be easy. But the reality is, is that American fleets were simply not up to the European quality. Would you use a skirmisher as heavy infantry? It's really a similar comparison to American ships and European one.

Well, hard to master makes it seem as if, if you were talented, then using an American navy would be easy. But the reality is, is that American fleets were simply not up to the European quality. Would you use a skirmisher as heavy infantry? It's really a similar comparison to American ships and European one.
    Dosnt mean i couldnt use advantages like Menouvrabilty and all that i mean.if i have 5 smaller ships compared to a battle ship i could take it down easily while distracting it with one ship and 4 others hiting the ship from the Rear.Not that hard.

Hohenstaufen's Avatar Semisalis

It can happen. But did the Barbarians in Rome develop legionaries?
    And just to be nipticking, americans(British) werent barbarians and be sure they had the technology and the resources to build a navy.....
    Training and efficiency is another story.

Ende
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

But it will be a lot harder for America to build 5 small ships than it will for England to construct one ship of the line. Hell, for every American small ship during the revolution, the British had a few ship-of-the-lines on that FRONT alone.

But it will be a lot harder for America to build 5 small ships than it will for England to construct one ship of the line. Hell, for every American small ship during the revolution, the British had a few ship-of-the-lines on that FRONT alone.
    I aggree with u 100% but there are disadvantages allso to the ships of the line for one there strong by Fire power Bigger Stronger but There Weakness is there Speed There Ultra Slow if i can get 5 or even more smaller ships to circle a ship of the line.I can beat it down becuase one there Rear is the Weakness allso Hammer the Rear and i got the Ship of the line to its knees.Next its really bad menouverability so i can take advantage of that sure it might cost me some time to plan it out but its possible to repeat.Allso Only Way i think to counter a ship of the line to take on 5 smaller ships is ok there gun power but what if they cant catch me as im moveing faster harder to hit me.next only way i think to counter me is 5 smaller english ships to counter my smaller ships to keep me off the ship of the line.So bigger dosent mean allways better.
    Last edited by stradar1; October 15, 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Its true the Royal Navy was of enormous size (no genital related puns!). I don't have a figure for that particular year, but ten years after the war in 1793 the Royal Navy commanded 498 ships and 20 years later in 1813 it peaked in size at 1017 ships.

As for ship sizes, an awful lot of the Royal Navy was comprised of large ships of the line. In 1804 the numbers are pretty staggering; there were 10 1st rate ships of the line (ships with 100 or more guns), 21 2nd rates (19 of which had 98 guns and 2 had 90) and 138 3rd rate ships (carrying between 64 and 80 guns). The point being this was a massive force. Completely loopy. Don't get me wrong - America did very well for itself on the high seas all things considered. But in a straight up comparison the American navy couldn't ever come close in terms of large fleet engagements and sheer experience or naval warfare. The Royal Navy had defeated just about everyone. It was a nutter.

EDIT: My reference for those figures is Brian Lavery's excellent book 'Nelson's Navy', namely a scan of a document printed in 1804 listing ships in the royal navy. The entire navy at that time contained 726 ships.
    Last edited by Anselm; October 15, 2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Humble on Appearance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast