Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

What do you mean? You can modify the settings.ini by yourself and insert the right Rome path in ROME_DIR="...." or you delete the file and select the directory with the RomeTW.exe via the select-folder dialog.
    I dont have a file named settings.ini

Mr Hyde... you are GOD... *pope*

I keep on getting this in my error log.txt

23.12.2004 - 17:51:42: Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Roma} Roma
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (155)

Please someone help me!!

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

you're supposed to

Huh?Everytime I click on the region button of the editor it crashes.

Will a further version allow us to cut a part of the map ?

I'm trying to make a 260*220 pixels map for Viking Age Total War. Right now, the map is 260*255, and I can't find a way to make it 220 instead of 255 without the game CTDing (although I've deleted all the provinces and ressources/wonders, and moved all armies/agents that went farther than 219 in desc_strat)

@Jopel
    I haven't tried it yet why this error appears. One thing I could image is that in the "export_descr_units.txt" (I think that's the name) in the data folder there is no unit specified named "roman generals guard cavalry early". Although it's a standard unit I think. Try to search for the name in the file, if there is nothing, you have got the error

@Meneldil
    Yes, a future version will feature that. But I think only one near the final version which can edit all files. If only some of the files are changed to a new size, it doesn't help much
    Until now I haven't worked much with resizing.

@{AIrBoRnE}
    What doesn't work now? You have already had such a problem that it crashes when you click on region editing, but then it appeared that it worked for you. As I see you made it also working that the editor starts correctly now (the error you had before 2 days).
    Please read the readme and documentation. There it says that you can ignore this message:
    Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Roma} Roma
    Crashes the editor in the region editing mode with the default imperial_campaign or another, self-made? Please give me more information whenever you need help with errors, such like what did you do, what campaign did you edit, etc.

Greetings
    MrHide

I get this when I click on the Region Button

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks MrHide got it fixed (finally, stupid me )
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Could some help me

every time I try to open desc_regions file it gives me an error, am I doing something wrong
    "A normal general would regotiate with the enemy, I just send a thousand war elephants charging at them" -GREEK HOPLITE GUY

I got a little issue (sorry). I am using RTR 4.1 btw. Anyway, whenever I even make just one change (in this case, changing the name of a country), it says it can't save because some height data is set to water and it doesn't work in the game. I have no idea how to fix this.

(I am using the current editor version)

Sorry for the trouble

@Ducks
    This message is just an information. When you have a higher landmass than zero, but you set its ground type to one of the three water types, the height-information cannot be saved. That's all

@Greek Hoplite Guy
    When you load a campaign, there is an error with the descr_regions? What error does it say? (See errorlog.txt in the editors directory)

@{AIrBoRnE}
    I am sorry, I have no idea why this happens. Is it with every campaign you load, also with the original ones from Rome?

Jopel, good you fixed it Was it because of the editor?

Greetings
    MrHide

Merry Christmas MrHide Ill try to fix it later

Thank you, {AIrBoRnE}!

Merry Christmas to everybody!

Thank You. Merry Christmas.

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

@ MrHide...
    I got a vanilla version and a modded version of RTW on my hard disk, so I followed you're suggestion and simply replaced the file (of modded version) with the original one and it was solved, thank you for you're time :smile
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Hi MrHide,
    the Campaign Map Editor is a great tool and it's being useful to me for fixing some problems I found in resizing a map. I succeded in cutting the original map and enlarging it to this size:

However, as the different maps have such a strange relationship (2x+1) there are some inaccuracies between them.
    This is one example, as you can see portions of land out of the region limits and portions of sea inside those limits.

With the editor I fixed these problems, but I think they remain with the map_heights, because of the problems I am finding in placing ports.
    How can I distinguish in the editor between sea and land at sea level? I would suggest to put sea, in heights option, in blue color as in map_heights, if it is possible.
    I hope you can understand my bad English.
    Best regards and good luck for the final version of the editor.

Yes finally i fixed it!!!!!!!!!

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

*high-fives Airbone*