Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

well here is my errors from my errorlog.txt

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data\text\republic_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (206)
    15.12.2004 - 0:25:38: Invalid line: missing localised name
    {Britannia_Inferior}
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data\text\republic_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (0)
    15.12.2004 - 0:27:54: Invalid line: missing localised name
    {Britannia_Inferior}
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data\text\republic_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (0)
    15.12.2004 - 0:29:13: Invalid line: missing localised name
    {Britannia_Inferior}

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

hey mr.hide u have made a faboulous mod, anywayz i need help, so ill just sum it all up in an exerpt from my zealot faction mod topic.

O YEA ! MR.HIDE IF U EVER READ THIS POST, I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING WITH YOU EDITOR, WHEN I SWITCH THE OWNERSHIP OF jUDEA TO SELUCIA, IT DOESENT WORK IN GAME, BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS LIKE THE BUILDINGS AND SUCH. ALSO WHAT DOES FACTION CREATOR MEAN, I KNOW JUDEA'S IS SET TO PARTHIA, BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
    THANKS FOR UR WONDERFULL EDITOR MAN! IT MAKES MY MODDING DREAMS COME TRUE. SORRY FOR CAPS/
    can yea please help me! thanks

Hi. According to the information I got on the Org, you have to insert a routine for checking if the province 'Latium' with settlement 'Rome' is present on the map. It's a hardcoded condition, without which the map won't work.
    Shorter of breath,
    one day closer to death.

MrHide, There is 2 type of problem in your editor so far.

1. Loading only the chosen directory for files (Not really big error but I think it should get fixed)
    2. City and Port 3d file giving engine.dll error when going into region editor

Can I ask where do you put all the files when your done to actually play provincial campaign?
    I just put all the thing I edited to 1 folder and place them in campaign folder and then selected provincial campaign. After that it was like I never selected a campaign and bring me back to the menu.

Hey Mr. Hyde,

I get the same error that kevin listed above. Also, another bigger problem is that the editor crashes when I select certain regions, such as Hibernia.

Thanks for such a great editor! Hope it can be fixed!
    "Eastman...he came from the East to do battle with...TheAmazingRando!" - mst3k the movie

Numahr's Avatar Foederatus

Hello Mr Hide,

Congratulations for your powerful tool :smile

Is it supposed to work with RTR?

I am currently trying to mod the RTR campaign map (latest official release, 4.1)

It loads OK and allows me to make changes.

But when I save, I get the two error messages:
    (note that the messages appear even if I don't touch anything -> not due to me messing up things)

"Some height-data was not saved because the ground type was set to water"
    (I don't think this is too severe and it allows me to click OK to continue)

"Error writing descr_regions.txt
    Last region #51 Sardinia"

Then CTD
    If I look at my descr_regions.txt file it is in fact only partially written.
    The errorlog.txt gives me the kind of same info:
    F:\Jeux\Total War\Rome - Numahr\data\text\Rome_Total_Realism_v4.0_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (155)
    15.12.2004 - 18:38:37: Error writing descr_regions.txt.
    Last region #51 Sardinia

So no way to mod RTR's campaign map???

Wow, three different versions within two days
    Sorry, you have to download the v0.21c version (-> first post) when you don't want errors

The errors you all had were because of that 3D-Models I added. They and one other bug didn't let you edit or save one campaign :cry I removed them with the 2D images and it should now work again. I will add the 3D ones for the next version when I found the bug.

@{nF}remix
    The crash is most likely caused because there is a enemy garrison in the city when you change the owner (army of judea in a selucid city). I found out that the game crashes then. Here a post I made:
    One cause of a crash to desktop can also be: if you change the owner of a faction, there may be a garrison of the old faction on the coordinates of city. You can check this by reading the coordinates of the city tile in the editor on the right bottom corner. Then you have to search in the descr_strat.txt for a character that has this x/y coordinates. If they are the same, set the x or y one higher.
    @kevink69
    You can ignore this. It means that in the settlement_regions file in the text-folder no localised name for the region/city is specified.

@DarkForce9999
    When the game goes back to the main menu, then there is some error in the text files. You can see the error when you start the Rome.exe with the -show_err flag (Like shortcut: "C:\YourRomeDir\RomeTW.exe" -show_err). When you come back to the main menu, close the game and you see a message box with the error.

The crash when selecting a region should be fixed, also the RTR campaign should work when saving.

@Numahr
    You can ignore that. It indicates that there is a landmass higher than the lowest setting, but the ground type was set to a water.

Hope, that now everything works!

Greetings
    MrHide

Thanks Mr Hide,

If you need any info on loading 3DS files and stuff let me know, i have worked extensively in developing 3D apps with 3DS files, and i may have some info, on problems you find.
    Imperial House Of Wild Bill Kelso
    Under the patronage of Kagemusha.
    Younger brother of TomteOfDoom

Originally posted by lionskin@Dec 15 2004, 09:28 PM
    Thanks Mr Hide,

If you need any info on loading 3DS files and stuff let me know, i have worked extensively in developing 3D apps with 3DS files, and i may have some info, on problems you find.
    Thanks for your offer. I will continue searching for that strange error which causes that crash. I have not much time the next two days, I may have some new infos on saturday.

MrHide

Region editor gives off Engine.dll error now.

Sorry Mr Hide, for bombarding you with bug issues. In version 0.21c it does not load the region_and settlement names localized fields. it only loads the first fields.

Originally posted by Numahr@Dec 15 2004, 12:44 PM
    Hello Mr Hide,

Congratulations for your powerful tool :smile

Is it supposed to work with RTR?

I am currently trying to mod the RTR campaign map (latest official release, 4.1)

It loads OK and allows me to make changes.

But when I save, I get the two error messages:
    (note that the messages appear even if I don't touch anything -> not due to me messing up things)

(I don't think this is too severe and it allows me to click OK to continue)

"Error writing descr_regions.txt
    Last region #51 Sardinia"

Then CTD
    If I look at my descr_regions.txt file it is in fact only partially written.
    The errorlog.txt gives me the kind of same info:
    F:\Jeux\Total War\Rome - Numahr\data\text\Rome_Total_Realism_v4.0_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (155)
    15.12.2004 - 18:38:37: Error writing descr_regions.txt.
    Last region #51 Sardinia

So no way to mod RTR's campaign map???
    Had same problems, also, does it work with New Provinces Mod?

In Patronicum sub Siblesz

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

ahhh why always new versions come with problems.... *NTW*
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

Sorry, when I tested the editor I forgot to reactivate that the region names are loaded. :mad
    I will release the functioning when I am at home. There should be no other errors.

Sorry!
    MrHide

No Need to apologize Mr. Hide. Its not easy creating things, especially if development is ongoing. Just think of it as though we are testing it out for you.

OK, another try.
    No, it should work now, really! I tested it and modified the new provinces mod 1.8 and your mod, lionskin. Both worked in the game. To make it good that you have to download the editor the for fourth time, I added a small comfort function: you can choose whether the editor shall automatically delete the map.rwm each time you save the campaign or not.

@lionskin
    Thanks. You don't find all errors when you test it yourself. You forget some things in such a big code

@DarkForce9999
    I wonder why it doesn't work on your computer. Download and try the (new) version. I tested it on three different PCs and there was no longer a engine.dll error since the v0.21c version.

Has somebody else a engine.dll error? If yes, when does it appear?

Greetings
    MrHide

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

ok edit the name of the edotor to .d and also change the attachement in the TTO Downloads pinned topic....I'm still at work so maybe tonight I will be able to try it.
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

I have a strange error. The program loads up the files fine, and displays both the height and climate maps without a problem (very nice, btw). However, the region map is an upside-down mirror image of what it should be. That is, take the region map and pretend you're holding it up to a mirror - imagine everything reversed in this odd fashion. Now flip the whole thing upside-down so that brittania is now overlaid on a part of Africa, and the boot of Italy is pointing north instead of south. You now have what I see when I'm looking at the regions. Overlaid on the height map it's, uh, "interesting" would be a good word.

Everything else appears to function just fine. I can't use it thought since I have no idea what weirdness will result from having the region map so wildly out of sync with everything else.

Also, have you thought of putting in resource placement, or at least the ability to get x, y coordinates from the cursor pointer? The most annoying part of editing the map manually is trying to guess the friggin' coordinates, then loading 20 or 30 times to move things around because you're never quite where you think you are.

Excellent work!

Max

How do I add a port or a city. I click on add city and the only thing it does is barley even blink the right side of the screen.

I forgot to say that: If you want to add a city after you added a landmass and updated the region borders, you have to deactivate the draw mode. Then you have to click on "add city" and place the city icon in the region. Same works for port placing.

{AIrBoRnE}, it works now as I see. Good!

@maxpublic
    Indeed, very strange. Does this happen with every map you load? But the ground types are not mirrored?

I think I may write a guide which describes the functions of the editor as some functions need a bit of explanation.

Greetings
    MrHide