Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

That fixed it. Do I have to move the files when Im done or can I keep them in my custom_campaign folder?

Released update from v0.2 to v0.21.
    -) Cities and ports are now in full 3D models
    -) The editor should now work with linedogs mod 1.8 - engine.dll error should be fixed

See first post for download.

----------------

@alman9898
    You can keep the campaign in the folder, as long as the folder is in Data\world\maps\campaign. You can play it in "provincial campaigns".

@DarkForce9999: It should now work

Greetings
    MrHide

Argh...
    I'm sorry, the 7 people who downloaded the version before this post, please download it again. The version has a bug which doesn't show you right the region you selected to edit. :cry

MrHide

Mr Hide are there any big changes in 0.2 to 0.21, i created extended a map in v0.2, and when i load it in v0.21, and select the regions tab the program CTD's.

Thanks alot for the tool, its Awesome.
    Imperial House Of Wild Bill Kelso
    Under the patronage of Kagemusha.
    Younger brother of TomteOfDoom

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Originally posted by MrHide@Dec 15 2004, 12:10 AM
    Argh...
    I'm sorry, the 7 people who downloaded the version before this post, please download it again. The version has a bug which doesn't show you right the region you selected to edit. :cry

MrHide
    ...and I hope it runs now ....I also want to dive in makeing new provinces and land ...
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

HI Mr Hide,

Here is the map just copy ad paste data folder, it works perfectly in game, and loads and edits properly in v0.2 of the editor, but it crashes every time i click on the regions tab in v0.21, it loads good though.
    Imperial House Of Wild Bill Kelso
    Under the patronage of Kagemusha.
    Younger brother of TomteOfDoom

I get this in my error log even after i downloaded your update

Ahem, How do i add the settlement in the region? When I placed the port and city 3d file into data as it says, I still get this engine.dll error for putting them in there. if you take them out, there won't be the error. So how do i add the settlement?

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

The old version worked well...I'm sure this feedback will help to polish the new one....in a day or two it should be ready :wack
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Awesome!

Now we don't have to wait for patch/expansion for campaign edits. Great work!

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

This is kinda like darkforces problem but...

When i put the port and city 3ds filles in my new folder and i load it it says it couldnt find the 2 files but when i check in there they are inside.

I gotta ask..

After we have set up our place and all, where do we put all the files?
    After I selected provincial campaign, it just boot my back to the campaign selecter lol....
    where are all the file suppsoe to go after its done?

How do i fix this

gj mate this is great! just a few questions;
    1) once ive edit all i want to edit do i just save it and thats it? or do i also have to edit some files in the campaing folder after?

2) can create new land mass (Make malta a bigger island for example) with this editor or is that not yet available.

3) wot about resources and wonders? I think it doesnt matter if u change the province in which a wonder is, but when u make new provinces and u take resources from other provices this can crash the game (when making provinces manually) I have seen an option in ur editor that says resources, shud i just rite down wot resources i want there or do i have to also edit the location of the resorces in the descr_strat file?

4) lol got a few more questions but dont wanna bother too much, it would be really cool if sumone made a tutorial on all the funtions of this editor though.

cya ciao
    Nico

erm... Nico, I think wonders and resource editting are in future versions. The map size is only 155 x 155. I don't think is "YET" possible to extend the world. And about the saving part and all, I am still wondering where do you have to put all the files. Either overwriting them or such.

Heres my Problem..

14.12.2004 - 18:33:1: Error loading file: D:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base\descr_strat.txt
    14.12.2004 - 18:33:2: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.

Im sure its something small, but can anyone help? thx

Click open and select a campaign. Here you can't select your Rome directory, because there are no campaign files.
    Also do not select the world\maps\base directory, there are only half of the campaign files needed because it's Rome's internal Imperial Campaign. You have to copy the files from base and campaign\imperial_campaign in one (new) directory. Put this directory in the campaign folder and open this folder with the editor. In Rome you can play the campaign under "provincial campaign".

Thx, it works now

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Originally posted by {AIrBoRnE}@Dec 14 2004, 09:40 PM
    Click open and select a campaign. Here you can't select your Rome directory, because there are no campaign files.
    Also do not select the world\maps\base directory, there are only half of the campaign files needed because it's Rome's internal Imperial Campaign. You have to copy the files from base and campaign\imperial_campaign in one (new) directory. Put this directory in the campaign folder and open this folder with the editor. In Rome you can play the campaign under "provincial campaign".
    thanks man!

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

Btw, is there anyway I can choose the colour for the new region or is auto-generated?