Thread: survivalism monetary vs goods

Default survivalism monetary vs goods

ok we all know the future is an uncertain affair. with economies going in the dumpter like the USA, one must look to sources that are more reliable in times of crisis.

the common method of investment when the economy is shaky is to invest and percure precious metals like gold and silver instead of the stock market.

however in even more uncertain times ( aka things like Katrina, where this is little of no government) then useable goods that are easibly tradeable.

So with natural disasters becoming an ever increasing threat on society ( global warming, possibly epidemics like spanish influenza reapearing, or even immediate catastophes like an eruption of yellow stone) which one is better to invest in.

an a side not is anyone stocking up or investing. note: being prepared is different from being paranoid.

Default Re: survivalism monetary vs goods

Stock up on ammunition, I say.

Just threaten to shoot someone who's got something you want - problem solved.

Custom User Title
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ~The Doctor~ View Post

Just threaten to shoot someone who's got something you want - problem solved.
    And a nice concrete bunker to save you from like-minded individuals....

It might be a bit abstract, but in the 'worst case' scenarios you have presented then there is only one thing of worth. Knowledge. If you know how to procure food, how to find and maintain shelter and some knowledge of medical/first aid treatment then you are a commodity in your own right. Ray Mears would be King in that world - till someone shoots him, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ~The Doctor~ View Post
    arms and ammunition are actually a valuable trading commodity in times like that, as well as things like bleech( to treat water) and food stuffs.