Thread: can i play host campaing with my brother we got lan rounter 1025?

Icon4 can i play host campaing with my brother we got lan rounter 1025?

:hmmm:can i play with him in the same camping like america or britania when he have england and i scotland or what ever can we do this???

ty.

Default Re: can i play host campaing with my brother we got lan rounter 1025?

The answers are here in forums you just need to look around and you will find them. But what I would be wondering is are you talking about hotseat or online multiplayer?

Hotseat multiplayer campaign the short answer is: Yes

Online multiplayer campaign battles the short answer is: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    The answers are here in forums you just need to look around and you will find them. But what I would be wondering is are you talking about hotseat or online multiplayer?

Hotseat multiplayer campaign the short answer is: Yes

Online multiplayer campaign battles the short answer is: Yes
    Uhh don't really understand the question but...
    Hotseat isn't really multiplayer... at least not in the networking sense.
    Think of it as you and your oponent taking turns to edit a text file. Anyone who you can send files to and who can play m2tw kingdoms can play a m2tw kindgoms MP game with you.

Campaign battles: Don't know why Armatus said yes to this one but MULTIPLAYER campaign battles are not possible. If you attack your brothers faction the AI will control it... it's suggested you use autoresolve in this case. However v.s. other factions you can fight out your battles unless you turn autoresolve only on(although you and your brother can probably trust each other enough to not have to do that).

The other problem if you don't autoresolve battles is that people could just keep playing the same battle over and over until they get the best result. Which isn't really fair... again I think you'll notice if your brother does this.

You will need to forward a port to do M2tw online custom battle MP though. Can't remember what it was... but for RTW everyone said you needed to forward like 50 different ports although only one was necassary.

Custom battles on lan should work fine though.

So yes... basicly you can v.s. each other in campaigns but it's gonna be autoresolve only when your factions fight. Seriously... some of this should be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Uhh don't really understand the question but...
    Hotseat isn't really multiplayer... at least not in the networking sense.

Check the sticky elgreco and I came up with. It shows you how to do hotseat (multiplayer) via lan as well as email.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Campaign battles: Don't know why Armatus said yes to this one
    I wasn't sure of the question either, but I was referring to loading a campaign (theme i.e. America, Teuton etc) in order to select multiplayer through gamespy. But yes that is correct hotseat battles will be played out one player at a time vs the AI.
    Last edited by Armatus; October 18, 2007 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Check the sticky elgreco and I came up with. It shows you how to do hotseat (multiplayer) via lan as well as email.
    Unable to find... link please?

This needs to be updated for kingdoms, but overall it's pretty much the same idea.

How to:Online Multiplayer Campaign Game by Armatus and elgreco