Thread: What are plans for fully-developed game?

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Default What are plans for fully-developed game?

Would you be able to destroy enemy factions utterly by taking their cities ?
    Or would it be some not-quite linear RPG like Oblivion or Gothic-serie ?
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Default Re: What are plans for fully-developed game?

hard to guess being that were what not even in alpha yet.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

It feels like a sandbox game to me, at least in its current form. I'm not sure the developers have a solid idea of where this is going anymore.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

I really want to be able to attack opposing cities, and I think after some time, when the game's issues are smoothed over, then it will be possible. I would also like the ability to lead my own faction, with multiple parties that I have some form of control over (ie being able to tell them where to go, or what to do). I would also like a more advanced command interface in battle, allowing you to have greater tactical command over your army and being able to actually tell people where to go, and such.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Sandbox game is right definition in current state
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Armagan had said that there will be some sort of storyline for the final version. Whether it's a huge storyline or a small one like Oblivion remains to be seen. My guess is it'll be like Oblivion with a small storyline and then you can do whatever the hell you want.

Sandbox action/rpg/rts/rtt. Basically an action rpg that allows for real time empire building and real time tactical battles.

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    It feels like a sandbox game to me, at least in its current form. I'm not sure the developers have a solid idea of where this is going anymore.
    True on both parts. I do hope they finish a decent version of Mount & Blade and release it to earn some cash which they can spend on developing Mount & Blade 2,with a multiplayer option, which will really get them some dough.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I wonder how much it costs to develop this game, I sure know there have been a lot of people who have bought the game. I'm one of them .

Developers really listen to the community well, and often incorporate their feedback into the game as soon as they can.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say that 70% of the people that will ever buy this game already have. I hope I'm wrong, and that the percentage is much lower.

One of the most fundamental features of M&B is it is very easy to modify, and to add your own modules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    I really want to be able to attack opposing cities, and I think after some time, when the game's issues are smoothed over, then it will be possible. I would also like the ability to lead my own faction, with multiple parties that I have some form of control over (ie being able to tell them where to go, or what to do). I would also like a more advanced command interface in battle, allowing you to have greater tactical command over your army and being able to actually tell people where to go, and such.

Hear Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    It feels like a sandbox game to me, at least in its current form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelward View Post
    Sandbox game is right definition in current state
    Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post
    Sandbox action/rpg/rts/rtt.

Quadruple that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    True on both parts. I do hope they finish a decent version of Mount & Blade and release it to earn some cash which they can spend on developing Mount & Blade 2,with a multiplayer option, which will really get them some dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    I wonder how much it costs to develop this game, I sure know there have been a lot of people who have bought the game. I'm one of them .

Developers really listen to the community well, and often incorporate their feedback into the game as soon as they can.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say that 70% of the people that will ever buy this game already have. I hope I'm wrong, and that the percentage is much lower.

One of the most fundamental features of M&B is it is very easy to modify, and to add your own modules.

I'm wondering myself, I could be a potential investor, but they are Turkey and I am in the US so not sure how that would pan out. I'd love to work or be a part of something I enjoy such as computer gaming. But how many people can say they are doing what they dream?

What do you mean that you're "not sure how that would pan out"?
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    I missed this post. Most of this is already exists, they're just hidden and not fully fleshed out. The "Empire" mod makes use of them and although they are in a primitive state, they can be used in the game.

As far as tactical command, have you pressed backspace? It produces a basic overlay where you can order where you troops go using a minimap, as well as a list of basic commands. I am sure this system will see quite a bit of work done to it, but it shows what will be possible in the future.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

I missed this post. Most of this is already exists, they're just hidden and not fully fleshed out. The "Empire" mod makes use of them and although they are in a primitive state, they can be used in the game.

As far as tactical command, have you pressed backspace? It produces a basic overlay where you can order where you troops go using a minimap, as well as a list of basic commands. I am sure this system will see quite a bit of work done to it, but it shows what will be possible in the future.
    Thank you, I had no idea about these features.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

I was very happy when I found that in the new version. Hopefully they will insert a topographic map rahter than a blanck screen in future releases.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

In the mbx forums (M&B modding forum) there was someone who figured out how to make a topographical map.

so what's the word on the next update or will there be another until the final product? I'd like to start up a new character.