Thread: Insane

Just a random thought:

We humans are a pretty crazy group huh? Imagine the sheer lunacy of it all here: You are a person who gets in a thing that flies, of mechanical nature, and gets into a little box to shoot at other people who are flying, so that you can drop explosives on the structures that have been created by these apparently offensive people.

Oftentimes, all the combatants have no actual personal motive (death or attack) and have never met, or will meet each other again. Yet it is relatively uncommon now for these combatants to fail or not fight--they are often perfectly willing to try there best to kill each other, even sometimes going so far as to put themselves in significantly more danger as a result of this.

Kinda makes you marvel at the human condition doesnt it? I mean, are we really that insane? Or can one ultimately justify this seemingly irrational behaviour?

NM
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

Most of the great philosophers in our history have been trying to justify human behavior and the reasoning of it since the dawn of thinking, but they have struggled so much to uncover the puzzle that they have become insane themselves. Humans are insane... it is my reasoning that we are insane. We have a thing called reasoning and morality that applies only when we want it to apply. We are all insane hypocrits.

We all know that murder is evil, but when murder is placed under the veil of war, it is not only accepted, but encouraged.

This is only one example of how insane humanity is... how does this insanity justify itself? I have no idea.

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
    -Voltaire
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

7 birds and 4 frogs are eating from a lions corpse and now says to the other. - Hey, is that Louie over there, by the pond? There was much rejoicing.

See, we are sane. *NTW*
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

We're not insane, simply human. We don't even meet the standards we our selves have established as being "human" :
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Modern warfare is much more barbaric then the ancient ever was. Now we dont even need to look into the eyes of enemy, smell his sweat or see his blood spilt upon your hands. No, we simply press a button and watch from a safe distance as our bombs and missiles do our dirty work. Maybe all politians who start these wars should be made to face off with the enemy leader in a fight to the death .
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

We are all insane hypocrits.
    Indeed. Hypocrit and naïve. Destroying thousands of other humans' lives in a so-called "war against terrorism". Far a drop of oil. It isn't even necessary, considering the use of H² or bio-diesel and stuff like that. It's so insane if you start thinking about it, and compare it to history.

Maybe all politians who start these wars should be made to face off with the enemy leader in a fight to the death
    Using only their bare fists.

7 birds and 4 frogs are eating from a lions corpse and now says to the other. - Hey, is that Louie over there, by the pond? There was much rejoicing.
    :devil Woah, long ago I had such a good laugh :

Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight? - achilles Troy 2004

one way or another every other creeature on this planet has some form of controling their populations. but we are the dominant population. only 3 things could seriously bring us low, food and water, war, and disease. of the 3, a death by a bullet or vaporisation in a nuclear blast seems better to me than a slow agonising death. we are our own worse enemy