Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The EB II Help Required Thread

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default The EB II Help Required Thread

I am posting this instead of TK as he is away for a bit. Please, if anyone is interested in working on EB II, post a little about yourself in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-421
    Welcome Europa Barbarorum Fans!

I am tk-421, EB recruiter.

This thread is a place for fans to see what positions are needed within the EB group. Post here or PM me if you are interested. Note that if you volunteer as a text editor or description writer, this is not the best place to post your work.

The current empty spots are:

High Priority:

ANIMATORS! We really need two or three skilled animators to start compiling the plethora of new animations required for EB II

Scripters-EB has many scripts and even more will be included. At the moment, however, we have a lack of scripters. You don't have know everything about RTW scripting but experience would be nice. If you don't have that much experience it isn't much of a problem as long as you can be very active and are willing to learn.

Skinners and Modelers- We really need more good skinners and modellers. Skill with anything from units, strat map models for cities, vegetation, battle maps, cities, etc.

Experienced Traiter-We need people to work on traits. Experience with the traits files is very helpful (especially EB traits), but the most important thing is plenty of free time. A traiter would need to:

• Collect historical research from other team members.
    • Produce new traits/ancillaries by translating historical information into the appropriate effects and triggers.
    • Research the traits system and work to improve it.

Low Priority:

Nothing right now.

Is there something you think you can help with that isn't listed? Contact me anyway. EB is always happy to see people showing interest and offering help, and perhaps the job you want might be available.
    Last edited by Zaknafien; November 01, 2007 at 05:09 AM.

Rome Total Realism VII Roman Faction Historical Advisor

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Default Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Well I don’t have any specific experience with making mods but I like history, the time period of EB being a particular favorite. I have plenty of free time of which I’ve spent not an insignificant amount of tinkering around in M2TW’s text files. I’d like to learn more about moding M2TW and I’m willing to help with anything I can.

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro

That_Guy, thanks for your intrest. Try to read alot of the tutorials and teach yourself some specific skill like scripting or traiting or what not, then get back to us

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

midnite's Avatar Citizen

I am interested in helping with EBII. I have never worked on any mod teams per se, but I have played around with the descr_model_battle file, the EBBS_SCRIPT file and the export_descr_unit file on several mods. professionaly I work in SQA. I also like story telling if that is any help ---- my AAR under the IBFD forum. I am also interested in learning some basic skinning.

I would love to help out with EB, I have a good mount of free time and I've spent a lot of time tinkering around with traits and getting to know the system.

I've mostly just used it to tweak little things, but I did create a side modification that introduces a system of learning and teaching, which you can check out here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106146 .

I'd be happy to help in anyway, and congratz for releasing EB.
    Last edited by fahrenheit; October 17, 2007 at 11:24 PM.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro

First post updated. ANIMATORS now pirority.

Ok Zaknafien where can i find these tutorials? any related to animation would be best as thats what I'd like to be doing for EB2. Also in case you were wondering I would have asked this sooner but I had to get ready for my ACT and now that thats over I can devote the time it will require to learn to animate.

Edit: Hmmm I wonder if those Tutorials are in the modding M2TW section on this site? They are really... well duh, wonder why I didn't think of that. At any rate I found them and will be looking into them and could someone from EB please confirm they've even seen this post.
    Last edited by That_Guy; November 07, 2007 at 09:52 AM.

Yes I have seen it That guy!

Goodluck with learning it, let us know when you have made some progress.

Mega

I have no experience nor skill in areas you currently need help. However whenever you need extra help in testing anything, you can count on me.

I want to emphasize the need for Modelers and Skinners, EBII aims to accomplish more than what EB accomplished for RTW but for that we do need as many artists to work on the huge number of units and pieces of equipment we have documented and concepted. EB is supposed to be very popular yet not many people apply to join if you want to see EBII arrive sooner and also contribute to its development please apply to join, you don't have to be an expert but you have to be willing to learn and better yourself.

I have no free time until my semester finishes but come May I would happily help in modelling / or skinning... can't say im the most experienced in either but if you can "attach" me to a more skilled person i will help him in a team effort and learn to be more efficient by doing so... Hope the time gap won't be a problem - apologies in advance.

Myrm

Quote Originally Posted by myrmedon View Post
    I have no free time until my semester finishes but come May I would happily help in modelling / or skinning... can't say im the most experienced in either but if you can "attach" me to a more skilled person i will help him in a team effort and learn to be more efficient by doing so... Hope the time gap won't be a problem - apologies in advance.

Myrm
    Alright, check back in when you'll be able to start, and I'm sure there'll be stuff to do...

I used to build meshes of guns for an original game development (which never really got off the ground) and also for counter strike. It's been a while though so I'll be a bit rusty. If I can get a hold of 3DS Max, I'll give you a shout to find out what models you want made. Not promising anything as yet though, cos Max is incredibly expensive so I'll have to try and 'source it' somehow.

My abilities are limited to building meshes though. I've never bothered to learn how to animate etc. Also, I'm off work atm, but will be back eventually so my time will be limited.

Anyway, I'll do what I can. Anything to get this mod out a bit quicker.

My name is Joseph and I am a Fine Arts Major at St Lawrence University. Right now I am specializing in photoshop and generating life like skins and textures. The only tools I have for modding are 3DSFX, and Photoshop CS3, and the rest of the creative suite. I would be more than happy to help with skinning in the mod, If you are interested please send me an email at jppoma06@stlawu.edu. I also have spent time coding though in the MOO language.

Congratulations das !!! With a good Team, this mod will begin the best !
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Hallo ich habe da eine Frage kann man bei den Barbarren Völker verschiedene Waffen gatungen einbaun so wie Schwerter Äxte in einer Einheit? also keine Clon Waffen und Schielde?
    wie schauts aus mit einem neuen Fraktion der Teutonen aus? in der nähe von Dänemark?

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth View Post
    I want to emphasize the need for Modelers and Skinners, EBII aims to accomplish more than what EB accomplished for RTW but for that we do need as many artists to work on the huge number of units and pieces of equipment we have documented and concepted. EB is supposed to be very popular yet not many people apply to join if you want to see EBII arrive sooner and also contribute to its development please apply to join, you don't have to be an expert but you have to be willing to learn and better yourself.
    Still looking for help? Click my sig and tell me if it displays good abilities and if you're interested. Just note I'm mostly aiming at helping with skins, I've never moddeled for M2TW, neither do I have Milkshape... I guess I could get it at some point if the dire need arises, then it'll just be adapting skills. And I don't have kingdoms right now...

deathmaw's Avatar Ordinarius

i am working on RGI and the third age but i could do traits i know a lot about
    the traits and people of the period
    One by one they fell to the power of the Ring

I really wish I could help you guys, but I have no talent at all, never modded anything in my entire life, I wish to do it though. What programs do you need for skin units , buildings etc? Everyone have been a newbie once

Quote Originally Posted by Willor View Post
    I really wish I could help you guys, but I have no talent at all, never modded anything in my entire life, I wish to do it though. What programs do you need for skin units , buildings etc? Everyone have been a newbie once
    For modeling 3dsmax or Milkshape is used, for skinning Photoshop AFAIK. You can find tutorials on the internet if you get around to learning any of them, try doing some period helmets, shields or other things and post them here.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast