Thread: Want to create my own faction.

Default Want to create my own faction.

I was wondering all that i would need to do, including units, starting territories/armies. I am completely inexperienced in modding M2TW.

Please Help, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Want to create my own faction.

On second thought, i DID change the turn counter to display the year rather than the turn numbers.

Anyone? Please people, also, it would help if i knew how to make new regions.

Alletun's Avatar Artifex

there are tutorials for all of that ... just look in the tutorial section:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92488
    Unit makers Tome of Knowledge:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127787
    Warhammer: Total war modeller. Orc & Goblins (GREENSKINS!) creator
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90663&page=2
    Third Age: Total war. Modeling and Skinning. Working on Isengard.

Col Poutting's Avatar Tiro

Alletun, Thanks for the link, it's a great help.

I would like to know a feew things thow:

1 I would like to make an Swiss faction in the main campaign: Must I delete/replace an other faction for this or not?

2 Will character names for gens and princes etc be generated automatically or my I create all of them?

3 Let's say I wanna make them start in Bern, but if I have to choose, I'd rather take milan faction out than hre. Will, by replacing Milan with Swiss, my characters get Italian names? How can I make the Swiss faction get the hre "style" names?

4 I do not have photoshop nor any other image editing prog (wouldn't want to pay for it neather), is it still possible to change the faction banners to a Swiss cross??

Thanks for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Col Poutting View Post
    Alletun, Thanks for the link, it's a great help.

I would like to know a feew things thow:

1 I would like to make an Swiss faction in the main campaign: Must I delete/replace an other faction for this or not?

2 Will character names for gens and princes etc be generated automatically or my I create all of them?

3 Let's say I wanna make them start in Bern, but if I have to choose, I'd rather take milan faction out than hre. Will, by replacing Milan with Swiss, my characters get Italian names? How can I make the Swiss faction get the hre "style" names?

4 I do not have photoshop nor any other image editing prog (wouldn't want to pay for it neather), is it still possible to change the faction banners to a Swiss cross??

Thanks for your answers

Faction limit is 31 (including rebels), so no vanilla doesn't have that limit

You can choose a new names or a pre existing set (you might have them have German names at the start)

As said above this isn't really necessary. Taking Milan out will however free a faction slot should you be short (as I said limit is 31). The only faction that is hardcoded really is the rebels. Apart from that any faction can be anything and have any names/icon/whaever. BTW theres a file where you can choose what cities they have and what armies they start with. You can also make them emerging (which in the swisses case would be historical)

You would need a program that can convert one type of image into .tga . Gimp is a free image editing program that can do just that (it's pretty good in it's own right too).

Oh yes and seriously look in the tutorial section. I'm sure theres helpful people (like me) that can help you if you get stuck. It's not that hard

Col Poutting's Avatar Tiro

Thanks Darkarbiter

What is easyest: make new faction from scratch (like in a thread with the same name) or mod /saxon norway faction(other similar thread)??

I've yet to find the courage and tim eto do this....not sure wether I'll do it..

Quote Originally Posted by Col Poutting View Post
    Thanks Darkarbiter

What is easyest: make new faction from scratch (like in a thread with the same name) or mod /saxon norway faction(other similar thread)??

I've yet to find the courage and tim eto do this....not sure wether I'll do it..
    Well either way is basicly the same thing.