Thread: [RTW AAR] Rome Total War: Bruce Lee vs Kasparov

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default [RTW AAR] Rome Total War: Bruce Lee vs Kasparov

* YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY LOGGED ON TO GAMESPY *

Host: Welcome to GameSpy. Please introduce yourself.

Bruce_Lee: I am Bruce Lee. I am an actor, philosopher and the founder of Jeet Kune Do. Today I am going to demonstrate my system without a system.

Host: A system without a system? And how do you propose to do that on Rome: Total War?

Bruce_Lee: Well, you see, Jeet Kune Do can be applied to all facets of life whether it be in fighting, business, even video gaming.

Kasparov: LMAO

Bruce_Lee:

Kasparov: Rome: Total War is a strategy game, and involves tremendous mental capacity much in the same vein as chess. What does Kung Fu have to do with a strategy game?

Bruce_Lee: Before I answer your question, might I have the pleasure of your name?

Kasparov: Gary Kasparov. The greatest Chess player ever to grace this miniscule planet! LMAO

Bruce_Lee: Well, Gary, there is a lot to learn from chess players, but there is even more to learn from Jeet Kune Do. Chess is just a board game, but Jeet Kune Do is a way of life.

Kasparov: That is some nonsense! Enough talk! Let’s play!

Bruce_Lee: So be it!

Host: Ok, gentlemen. You both get 10k denarii. No Rules.

Kasparov: Just a moment, before we play, can I see some replays of Bruce_Lee’s previous games?

Host: Uh, he’s never played this game before. Request denied.

Kasparov: What?!?! This is an outrage! How can I prepare for this matchup unless my team of analysts are permitted to study my opponent’s gameplay??? THIS IS NOT FAIR! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!

Host: OMG! Just pick your factions already!

Bruce_Lee: It doesn’t matter who I pick. The key is to be alert and aware. I will observe my opponent and adapt to him. Training of a few individuals will also be key.

* BRUCE_LEE HAS PICKED HIS ARMY *

Kasparov: In that case, I will pick Armenia since I am half-Armenian. I will take a full stack of units for this battle.

Kasparov: A thinking man’s game requires mental ability, not physical strength. For every move you make on the battlefield, I will be 5 moves ahead of you!

* KASPAROV HAS PICKED HIS ARMY *

To be continued in next post…
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; October 14, 2007 at 07:59 AM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Default Re: Rome Total War: Bruce Lee vs Kasparov

(continued from last post)

Host: We now return you to…

Host: GL HF everyone!

Bruce_Lee:

Kasparov:

* BRUCE_LEE HAS ENDED HIS DEPLOYMENT *
    * KASPAROV HAS ENDED HIS DEPLOYMENT *

Kasparov: WTF?! What kind of formation is that???

Bruce_Lee: It’s not a formation at all. In my experiences, I’ve learned that all Classical formations are artificial and mechanical. Classical formations paralyze and constrain what should be fluid. Your formation is a perfect example of a paralyzed form of warfare.

Kasparov: That is a load of nonsense! You will rethink your philosophy after I'm through with you!

Bruce_Lee: When you have a reached a maturity in combat, you will also attain a formless form.

Kasparov: In other words, you have no idea what you’re doing? And don't call me immature!

Bruce_Lee: When one has no form, he can be ALL forms. When one has no style, he can be ANY style.

Kasparov: Oh please, I won't even need any style to beat you. You don’t even have any archers. You will lose miserably, patzer.

Bruce_Lee: Any old fool can use archers. The acme of skill is to overcome your opponent using all parts of your body as a weapon.

Kasparov: No, the acme of skill is to obtain an Elo rating of 2851. LMAO

Bruce_Lee: Numbers mean nothing to me. It is time to attack.

Kasparov: In that case, I will counter-attack. I will apply my knowledge of the Najdorf Variation of the Sicilian to my battle-plan. When my units move into position, you will find yourself fighting with your back to the wall.

Bruce_Lee: You are still thinking in terms of Chess. That is your weakness.

Bruce_Lee: Watch my advance. It will flow like water!

Kasparov: Go ahead and attack. I‘m very strong in opening play.

Bruce_Lee: Ok. Let me demonstrate the weakness of your rigid formation…

Bruce_Lee: …Dragon whips tail!

Bruce_Lee: Do you see how my cavalry is whipping your behind?

Kasparov: ha! I obviously baited your cavalry into attacking my isolated Cataphract. By sacrificing that 1 unit, I’ve won the initiative in this game.

Kasparov: I will now attack your attack! And…

Kasparov: WTF?!

Kasparov: Why are my men routing?

Bruce_Lee: Unlike Chess, Rome: Total War is more about timing and execution. This is why you must think outside of the chessboard! Embrace Jeet Kune Do - it embraces all!

Bruce_Lee: Look at your Cataphracts. Their support came too late.

Bruce_Lee: Look at your Heavy Spearmen. Their support came too late.

Kasparov: My army is still significantly larger than yours. I will simply feed more men into the battle. I will beat you with an attritional strategy.

Kasparov: Just to be sure, I will utilize my awesome force of archers to bleed your manpower.

Kasparov: And you won’t be able to touch my archers because my Heavy Spearmen will keep your cavalry at bay.

Kasparov: It is my incredible foresight which will enable me to win this battle! I will always be several steps ahead of you!

Bruce_Lee: Fighting (even gaming) isn’t about rigid pre-arranged plans. It’s about spontaneity! Be like water!

Bruce_Lee: Now observe. As you attack with your heavy spearmen, my cavalry will retreat. When you attack, I will retreat. When you retreat, I will attack!

Bruce_Lee: While you’ve been watching my cavalry run away, I made the spontaneous decision to engage your wall of spearmen in the middle with my Silver Shield Legionaries.

Bruce_Lee: Since I defeated most of your cataphracts, your heavy spearmen won’t last too long without their support. That, my friend, is Jeet Kune do!

Kasparov: !!!

Kasparov: This is an outrage!

Bruce_Lee: Look at that. My Legionaries have spotted a crack in your phalanx.

Bruce_Lee: Notice how they spot this crack immediately and flow through like water?

Bruce_Lee: Yes, like WATER! Your archers are no longer safe.

Kasparov: This is a ridiculous! Before the match even started, I made a simple request to see your replays, but I was denied! This is not a fair match!

Bruce_Lee: Forget about winning and losing. Forget about pride too! Just play the game. Look, your spearmen aren’t even phalanx-mode.

Bruce_Lee: And now the Cheetah Attacks the Gazelle Grazing!

Kasparov: If I would’ve had access to your games beforehand, I could’ve prepared properly!

Kasparov: Now, I have no army!

Kasparov: Wait, I still have a Cataphract. Perhaps I can rout one of your units…

Bruce_Lee: Behold the essence of Jeet Kune Do. Even when you try to attack me, you will have to move to engage. When you move, I will intercept you! Thus, I always attack you!

Kasparov: In a contest between a Knight and a Pawn, the Knight will always win!

Kasparov: WTF?!?!

Kasparov: ****!!!!

Bruce_Lee: Do you see what’s happening? I’m attacking like water! Yes, like WATER!!

Bruce_Lee: Be proud of your men though. Only a physically fit man could run away for as long as your men have. Physical fitness is most important in Jeet Kune Do! Almost as important as water!

Kasparov: You’ll excuse me if I don’t shake your hand!

Bruce_Lee: Come to my school of Jeet Kune Do. I will teach you in one on one lessons.

Kasparov: You’re lucky I didn’t study your games! I would’ve torn you up! You hear that? I would’ve TORN YOU UP!!!

Bruce_Lee: Would you like a rematch?

Kasparov: No! I am announcing my retirement from Rome: Total War. There was no fairplay on display today! Maybe in the future, the organizers of this match will learn a valuable lesson from this outrage!

Bruce_Lee: Goodbye, and don’t forget to be like water!

Host: Wow, last time I invite that guy to play this game. See you later, Bruce!

Bruce_Lee: Hey, I just realized something.

Host: What's that?

Bruce_Lee: I can beat anyone in the world.

Host: hmm =(
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; October 13, 2007 at 09:56 PM.

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

wow that enemy guy sucked. (sorry whoever that may be)

Not only is this funny, it's pretty sweet tactics as well.

Keep it up.

WATER!!@

was this match set up? or did bruce lee happen to chance upon kasparov

y halo thar

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Who ever played Brue lee is one great player. But this Battle report was funny.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Hmmm... Good job, Bruce . That was a good report!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Laetus

Hey Prince, That was great!!!!! That Kasparovguy Has don't get even a chance in this battle!!! He is only good in chess. Have you more of this threads?

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Woo Hoo Bruce Won!
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alue26 View Post
    Hey Prince, That was great!!!!! That Kasparovguy Has don't get even a chance in this battle!!! He is only good in chess. Have you more of this threads?
    Right now, I only have this thread and the other one (regarding Yu-Gi-Oh vs Worf). I'll make more once I get the time-machine running again. hehe

Laetus

I don't get the point of this thread. First, Bruce_Lee haven't no archers and some cavalry and Kasparov has catapracts and archers, how coud he lose? Bruce_Lee was also outnumberd, how coud he win?

Comment If Readed!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

how about good ole darth vader vs (insert name here...cant think of any)

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Miles

Really nice game recap. I have only been playing RTW a couple of months and have no idea how to play live online - not sure yet if I could even do it - but this story gives me a new aspiration to work up to it. As a side note, I think the comments were a bit hard on Kasparov. His startling fluidity in tactics, better even than Fischer, shows more than just previous study and book knowledge. Great lesson in your story though. Thanks.