Thread: General loses command stars even though he wins the battle?

Default General loses command stars even though he wins the battle?

I've noticed this a few times now in my Crusader States campaign. I've had generals win battles and lose about 3 stars even though they won. Why is this?

Default Re: General loses command stars even though he wins the battle?

Maybe they were fleeing from the battle and got some traits related to this behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeros View Post
    Maybe they were fleeing from the battle and got some traits related to this behaviour?
    No, in one case it was a heroic victory when defending Jerusalem. The other a clear victory when attacking an enemy army in the field. Both instances were with different generals and both lost stars.

Did you play out the battle or auto-complete it?
    Playing a battle out, you can sometimes lose stars if any unit takes to much damage, or routes, especially the general's unit. Sometimes even taking more casualties then the units they are fighting.
    Ntocie how your archers can often gain skill? Cause they sit in back and rack up kills without getting touched or to tired.

During auto-complete battles, youll notice the loses you take are usually pretty uniform, and you are more likely to gain stars.
    Of course, your odds of winning auto-battles are lower.

This isnt definitely the reason you lost stars, but the best, most likely, reason I can think of.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; August 29, 2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

There are a few "bad" traits your general can receive no matter what the outcome of the battle is. In my games the most common are "Personal Loss" (too many bodyguards got killed) and the temporary trait "Servere Wounded" (which reduces command by 2). To avoid both, keep your general and his bodyguards out of heavy fighting if possible.

In the siege defense my general lost approximately 20% of the bodyguard. In the field battle there were no bodyguard casualties. I will sift through the traits to see if anything negative came up as a result of the battles, but it still seems very odd.