Thread: How do I play RTW in windowed mode?

Default How do I play RTW in windowed mode?

Which file do I need to edit?

Cheers

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Default Re: How do I play RTW in windowed mode?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23398

Here is a thread that explains how.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

That can come in handy, thanks.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

it doesnt work for me : (
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

According to that article, it doesn't appear to be windowed, but you can still alt tab without having to deal with loading screens when you alt tab back.

hmm yep same with me no laodin screens but no window :
    (

just make sure to put a space inbetween the C:/progam...... and the -ne
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

That is just awsome, thanks a lot!
    End of an era

still wont work

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -ne

Delete whatever is in the the target line and replace with the line above (this will only work with vanilla rtw)

-Del Preston

just to be clear on that last part, you're saying it will not work with any mod at all?
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

No it will work with any mod. The reason I said that it would only work with vanilla rtw was because thats the path for vanilla rtw. If you want to make a mod run in window mode all you have to do is make a shortcut to that mod and then add the -ne at the end.

-Del Preston