Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Svlla/Constantinus

The weak cannot contend with the strong? What an Un-Roman thing to say! Did we not fight Pyrrhus of Epirus straight to his death? And wasn't he far stronger than us? Do not discount the Syracusans...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Former Consul,

as i said haha.. Weak the Cannot content with the Strong.
    apparently Phyruss and his jockys could not Content with our Strong Roman Spirits..
    Us Romans are Naturaly Strong so this saying doesent apply to us of course so i dont want to hear it.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Pyrrhus? Weak? He decimated many Romans, and his elephants are superior to anything we have.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Ave Fromer consul,

I laugh that you took offence when you know it should no apply to us good romans..
    He may have looked stronger than us.. but when the battles comes it all comes down to who wants it more.

Snoopy.. you of all the Senators should agree.
    Are you saying us Romans are weak and we cannot content with the Strong? Then there goes Gaul and Germania out the window..

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Brutius Decimus Cato
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Ave Unknown Senator,

He elephants were Supeirior than us..
    Did we not Cut down his Army just like the Samnite and Estruscans?
    We romans have Overcome everything the Gods and Man could throw at us..
    And you call us weak? We can overcome anything do not take our spirits lightly.
    I laugh at those Spartans who think they are best of warriors when any one of our romans could easily beat them.

Delenda est Carthago!
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Actually,

There are 4 Italian cites. Segesta, Mediolonum (excuse spelling), Patavium, and Bononia. Or 5 if you count Averiticum (???), which is a city within the Alps.

True, we are strong, though Pyrrhus held the cards, with his Elephants, his position blocked by Free people, and his cities from overseas. Plus, attacking Carthage is foolhardy if the weak cannot contend with the strong. However, the weak CAN contend with the strong, and become strong themselves. We should attack Sicily, though we shouldn't attack when our northern flank is open.

Julius Scipius Secondus
    Last edited by Snoopy; October 14, 2007 at 08:49 PM.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Ave Senator,

I dont care, They will be brushed aside when the time comes no Gaulic man can stand the March of our Legions the best thing they can do is Watch the wings of the Eagle spread and Envolep the world.

Delenda est Carthago!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I do not call us weak. I acknowledge that Pyrrhus was far stronger than us. And we did not just "cut him down" he massacred a legion and killed two full hastati maniples in the consular army.

It was only his overeagerness to engage his bodyguard and lose them in battle that left him open to attack. Once he was dead, his army folded. If Pyrrhus was more restrained, that war could still be going on.

Ave Fromer Consul,

I do not believe you.. one bit our legions were winning even when he was stading back giving orders.
    I do not Acknowledge his strenth for if he had such great strenth he would have just brushed aside and moved on with his life.
    But he dident cause Roman Strenth and Valor took him down along with him army.

Delenda est Carthago!

Alleanza di Cato!

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Cato, your belief in our legions is admirable, but you speak as though they are more god than man. Roman soldiers die as easy as any other. And since when is it best for Rome to try and conquer the world? Would we want to be kings like the Greeks?

No, we are Romans, not tyrants. Carthage, Syracuse - neither has done us wrong. If the day should come that they do, then senator, we should respond without mercy. But that day has not yet come, therefore I must disagree with your idea of Carthago delenda est.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Cato, I respect your patriotism, but you were not at those battles. You did not see the brilliance of his maneuvers first hand. The man was a far greater general than I.

Ave Senators,

No he was not there but he was there in the Samnite wars so was I, Both me and him were amazed at the Effiency and Control they killed with. No Emotion... No Mercy.. Real men.

Delenda est Carthago!
    Last edited by Nardril; October 14, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

Alleanza di Cato!

Ave Senators,

Are men are not gods but they are no easy to kill either.
    I am not suggesting we conquer the world, I was just speaking in a tone that the Unknown Senator would understand.

I Respect your Opinion Leader of Moderates, im only doing whats best for Rome and the saftey of her people.
    Repubblica lungamente in tensione del te!

Il Gaul deve distruggeresi!
    would suit you Snoopy, Means Gaul must be Destroyed haha

Delenda est Carthago!
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 09:19 PM.

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Ave,

Spies in Sicily: 8 Yay 0 Nay

I say we concentrate on securing the trade routes of Sicily, but not necessarily through conquest. The least we could do as honorable Romans is to give Syracuse the chance to become an ally or protectorate first. If they decide to refuse our wise and fair offer, we will then move in and bring them under the rule of Rome. Though we should also turn our shields north to defend against the ever present Gallic horde should they decide to take advantage of our distraction with Sicily. This venture will require careful planning no matter how we go about it.

G Furius Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

yeah..

Alleanza di Cato!

I propose the motion,
    ally with Syracusa
    1 yay - 0 nay

2 yay - 0 nay

this would be most benefical indeed

Alleanza di Cato!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Lvcivs Cornelivs Svlla enters the senate house angrily in full armor;

Senators!I have urgent news to discuss with you so please ALL read out the following;

~~~~Campaign Report of Consul Cornelivs Svlla~~~~

Senators!I played today a year(two turns) to move the campaign forward and to carry the will of the Senatus,the motion of sending spies to Sicily. I found at the start of this turn a rebel army near Cannae,composed of three Tarentine Hoplites battalions.They were easily destroyed,so I moved the Consular Army which had destroyed the power of renegade Mvmmivs, close to Arretium. I recruited three spies and i embark them at a fleet to send them to Sicily next spring.Feeling that I was done i waited for other nations to make their moves(end turn).

victory against the rebels close to the city of Cannae...

During that period,the spy inside Bononia was forced out;soon after an army came at the river crossing and tried to cross it to Italy.While aware of such a move,Consul Balbvs had placed a legion as guards there and I saw no need to relocate them. So when the barbarians saw our legions blocking their way,they attacked us!I did not turn back because such a move would only bolster the spirits of the warlike barbarians.So,I decided to meet them at the river crossing were the advantages were on our side...

The battle Begins...

Our legions,placed in battle lines; To the far north of our position,across the river you can see the barbarians forming up for an attack...

A closer look in our formations;I placed the triarii in front,with velites and Princepes behind them;In the flanks I have positioned the hastati and our equites for a flanking maneuver...

The enemy crosses the river...

The first men to reach our position are killed by pilla bombardment...

..while any survivor is cut down by our brave equites...

after the first wave is pushed back,the main army reaches us;we have run out of pilla...

the battle is sort;notice the maneuvering of the hastati in both flanks...

soon after they are encircled and annihilated but a man-Literally!!!!

The enemy general is beeing killed by our men...His head will be put in the forum in order to remind ourselves of this invasion...

AD VICTORIAM!!!!

Senators,what am I to do after this despicable act of the Barbarians? Bononia is left with little to no garrison...They can be easily defeated,while I drag their populace as slaves back to Rome,to punish them for their arrogance...Or I can take initiative and attack the two armies of Free people around Segesta,bringing Roman Rule and Steel to our enemies.What should I do?Vote now as there is little time to waste!!!

Valete Senators!
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Senator Libo stands.

Noble Consul and fellow senators. You know me to be a man of conscience. A man who cautions against war when he feels it is not in the best interest of Rome. A man who prefers to offer friendship instead of the sword. Hear me now when I speak.

This battle forced upon our legions, which the brave Consul Sulla fought and won magnificently, is no less than an act of war upon our city of Rome by those we left free to the north. Therefore, I put forward a motion that we show no mercy, no acts of clemency, and march forward immediately, killing those who would oppose us, and enslaving those who sent them. Let the full might of Rome be brought forward in wrath against those who would see us laid low! Let us be swift and decisive! Let us not stop until the Alps! What say you?

Motion to conquer up to the Alps:

Yay 1 - 0 Nay
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

See? Those barbarians attacked! My point made, I agree, we must show no mercy and conquer everything up to the Alps.

Motion to conquer up to the Alps: Yay 2 Nay 0