Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Svlla/Constantinus

motion for spies in sicily

2 yea - 0 nah

Ave Tribune,

We were not unclamed.. just a debate between optimate and populares tat i wish to continue i thirst for one for i miss Cato's Crusades against populares haha

So tell me "Wise" Fromer Consul how you think i am making a Rally call for Sicily to fall under the feet of our legions.

Delenda est Carthago!
    Last edited by Nardril; October 14, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Senators,

3 yea - 0 nah

Delenda est Carthago!
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

i vote in favour of the motion, but ask Brutius that he express his opinion, but not say things of which he has no idea. (carthage in spain)

4-0
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Ave Senator,

I know for a fact that Carthage is going to Sudue Spain sooner or later and soon we will be at the mercy of Carthage if we do not act fast...
    Instead sit there, like the populare way, And let Carthage Stomp inside our SEnate house and take over.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Britius Decimus Cato

Alleanza di Cato!

Why do you believe those in Iberia are incompetent? If you had a spy or diplomat showing me their progress there then fine. But until then you are not being honest, but speculating like this and trying to twist this into a political point. I am offended at your remark that populares would allow Carthage to destroy our city!

Ave,

Wel what are you doing right now?
    Accusing me of being a liar when if the Consul Senat a spy or Diplomate you would ahve Carthage has a very Strong hold on Spain.

Delenda est Carthago!

Alleanza di Cato!

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Ave,

We ought to stop this childish bickering and come to an accord on what to do about the Carthaginian threat! This constant bickering will gain Rome nothing except a place under the heel of Carthage.

Gaius Furius Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

You stated clearly they were making inroads in Spain. Show me the evidence you had for these remarks and I shall be quiet.

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Ave,
    Quote Originally Posted by We shall fwee...Wode View Post
    You stated clearly they were making inroads in Spain. Show me the evidence you had for these remarks and I shall be quiet.
    It is a reasonable request. If it leads to the end of this squabble, all the more reason for it to be answered.

Gaius Furius Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

5 yea - 0 nah

prehapes we should send spies north. as of Iberia what is our standing with the natives there if we could send a diplomat and ask for trade rights and map information at the least, that may solve this argument to a degree at least.

Edit: fixed it
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; October 14, 2007 at 04:55 PM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Yes, pies could be of use in building our reputation However I agree with all of your proposals Tribune.

Motion for spies in Sicily:

Yay 6 - 0 Nay
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

occ: well I suppose ether would work but lets go with spies. (actually I'm going to go eat pie right now.)
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; October 14, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Spies: Yay 7 Nay 0

Though Senators, would you rather have the Gauls or Germanians attacking from a weak north front while we are battling Carthage, or they charge into our forces in the Alps or at the rivers? Perhaps if we get our position up to power, we might be able to attack Sicily, but until then, I see no point in raiding an island when there is a threat of Barbarians up north.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Ave.. uhh.. Gaulic hater...,

I need to know your name first.

And Show me where the Galic and German threat is please i do not see them border us i have not seen any diplomates from them nor have i seen any ships!
    They dont even know we have growin much larger and stronger from our first encounter. You speak of a threat that is not even there... I suggest you instead of my brother Stop rallying for war when the people are tired of it.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

Of course Gaul is a threat; Its just that they will eventually conquer our cities north of us. And then, we will be pulled into a war which could have been made much, much easier had we made a defensive position. If we DON'T take the cities, they will have an easy position to defend (Woods, then River, then more woods, then alps.) On the other hand, Sicily is not connnected to us. Even if we DID take Sicily, Carthage would have all the more reason to sack Rome by sea. We must, at least, make a defensive position against Gaul and such BEFORE we go overseas.

(ooc) how do I make screen shots.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Amilius Maenius Masentius speaks:

I may be a junoir member of the senate, but I know outright hostility when I see it. I stand neutral in this argument, as both sides are unfavourably hostile towards one another.

did anyone listen to Svlla (in second post?)

We are united as Romans. we have no reason to be divided in meaningless squabbles and shifts of political power. we must focus on what is best for rome, rather than what is best for the individual

for this reason, i petition we at least prepare for these peoples to attack us. build a fleet to partol the coast for carthaginians, if they even do attack us. remember, we are allied with them in war with epirus, and they have no reason to want to attack us. the gauls on the other hand, may be a threat, but not in the immediate future.
    if we are to fight a war, we must be prepared to, but only if one of these peoples show outright hostility towards our nation.
    Last edited by Paul d; October 14, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

Ave Senator,

If i remeber Corectaly there is a river by Arreimun, A pass leading to Arretium and a valley near Segesta... all good defenseive postions if we make good use of them we will be fine Senator its just a matter of using commen sense.

Gaul will not be here for some time and i dont think Carthage is the kind of people to just simply sack Rome they would rather take it over than sack it and leave us to rise once again.
    Now please stop with your barbaric ways and think of our soldiers and familys of Rome. do they need to suffer more losses just because a threat, that is not even there, had to be dealt with?

Amilius Maenius Masentius
    Have you read listened to anything or just been drinking? We are not going to war we are instead keeping a watchful eye on Carthage.
    I see no Division between us so far we are stating our opinions.. if you think that is Slanderous talk twords each other haha you must be really new..

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

Carthage is no threat, as I said before, they are preoccupied with the rebels in their land, the Iberians, and the Syracusens.

True, we have a couple defensive positions, but they have more of them, and better, as shown:

We have a little river, some woods, and a valley. Vs:

Lots of woods and cities. Then a river (the big long one). Then more woods. Then, finally, the Alps. It would be a slaughter for us to fight Gauls through all that. Our legions would take ridicules casualties, and THEN we would have to take Transalpine Gaul as well to stop their attacks (by then, we couldn't make a defensive position because our legions would be to weakened to defend against large Gaulish armies.), which would lure us into a blood bath in Europe. All this happening while we are attempting to subdue Carthage.

Ave Senator,

No senator... 3 Cities.. 2 Crossing in rivers is all they got dont give me your extremist lies. If you want war at least do it honorable and tell the truth we have good defensive postions if we have full legions there no one will be able to break them. Po vally is mostly plain as it is used for Farming.

Carthage.. Will take Syracusa with ease senator.. The few cannot contempt with many, The weak cannot withstand the Strong..

They are our most Imediate threat senator and if you dont want to be owned by a little Carthagaginian boy i propose you see my logic.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato