Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Svlla/Constantinus

Ave Senators who speaks of Gaulic Expansion,

You are one of the most foolhearty men i know. Do you not see a 3 front war there?! Gaul are Barbaric but Germans, They are not even human they paint themselves with the blood of their foes and they scream demonic chants that shake the very legions of Rome herself i will never support war against such a foolish thing to do.
    Gaul and Germania can fight amongst each like they have been for years. Macedon will make short work of the Gateans.

That Expansion will be more of a blood bath than Sicily my foolish freind please look past your ambitions to conquer gaul and look at whats really important.. Our Perminant Safty against invasion against a Civilized and well organized nation such as Carthage!
    Yes 6 years of peace will be followed with every step i take. just look out for Carthage is what im saying.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I would agree with the Tribune on one point, we do need more information about our surroundings. We should send spies to Sicily and Cisalpine Gaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    Ave Senator Lvcivs Valerivs Scipio,

What Hasent Carthage done to us? They Claim our Titles and Claim themselves "Great" people in which their ways are more barbaric than the gauls and Germans put togather i for one do not wish to see such a thing thrive.
    They also claim Carthage.. Is bigger better than Roma Herself! Is see them as Potential Enemys of Roma.
    Another thing.. There cannot be two 1st place Nations in the world.. No only one so these people being the Barbaric people who dont do their own bidding will soon look twords Rome herself and are city will suffer greatly if we allow such invasion to happen!

I wont be freind with these people they have nothing for the roman people that we would be interested in. I wil not support better Diplomatic Relations. As for Sicily we should Support Syracusa in thier war.
    Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato

Which nation doesn't think they are better than us? Which nation doesn't think they are great people?

Carthage isn't our biggest rival or the strongest nation in the world, so we shouldn't have to compete with them over who is the greatest nation on earth. You do know of Seleucia and Epirus, right senator?

Sure, we should keep an eye on them, but destroying them is unneccesary.
    Last edited by Maxinius Scipio; October 14, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Senator Libo stands.

Noble senators, we are enjoying the fruits of peace, enjoying the fruits of a prosperous economy. What reason have we to think of war upon anyone? Rome is not an aggressor. We are not tyrants. Carthage and Syracuse have been warring over Sicily for centuries, what reason have we to get involved and spill the blood of fellow Romans? They are not threatening Rome. You are speaking like bloodthirsty Gauls, not satisfied with peace. The gods are blessing Rome, let us not anger them. War on Sicily is not what is best for Rome.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

I would rather keep an eye on them senator than go to war...If the Senatus is agreed I will sent spies as soon as possible to both Sicily and Cisilpine Gaul to find out more about these territories...
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Well Phrased and to the point, but this conversation seams to be going in circles. We should send spies to Sicily and northern Italy to gaged just how strong each one is. I have seen the reports on their numbers but what of their make up and quality. Numbers are a danger but, ignores is doubly so.

Edit: again i typed to slow.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

I agree with that idea Consul. As the noble Tribune reminds us, ignorance is indeed dangerous. I still caution against showing aggression though, fellow senators. For other nations are allowed the means to defend themselves, not just Rome.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

I would like to know how the ideas of spies are acceptable when suggested by an Optimate. I asked that spies be sent to Sicily and Cisalpine gual and you optimate fought me all the way and won. But now seek to act in the interest of Rome by churning out old Populares ideas. I may support the idea of spies. But I deplore the fact that the person representing a proposal means more than substance of the proposal!
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

If I remember correctly Senator we voted negatively because you wanted to have the right to use spies at your will,am I wrong?What i asked is that I am given the right by the Senatus to use spies in order that the senators may have all info needed to decide.I fail to see why this proposal of mine is a copy of your ideas when you wanted to give this right to the office of Consul,and so the active Consul can use spies when he wants for whatever reason we wants,while what i ask is that I am given by vote the right to use spies outside our borders to gather information for the Republic...
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

While i do agree that i did support to block your use of spies, it was more on the scale not on the locations that I decided. For this mission 2 or 3 spies are all that will be needed.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Ave Lvcivs Valerivs Scipio,

Phyrusses old kingdom is on the Defensive against Macedon and greek cities they are of no need to worry about Senators..
    I laugh that you mention Selucia.. They are in the middle east so far from our land plus they are in a meaningless squable for power against pontus and the Egyptians that a war with us would Devastate thier Econemy and ultamitly meet their end.

Carthage however is our Neighbor. we see their ships everyday. And veining for power is what they talk about in the their Senate for they ahve to Discussed this and probilly come to the conclusion that we are to be watched.

I beg you Senators a watchful eye on them would prove worthy for i do not want to see any of us at the end of a Carthagining sword anytime soon.

As for the Spy comment. Yes i opposed it because at the time we were at war with phyrus.. and sending spys to Sicily and the Po vally was not in the best interests of me or my optimate brothers now that our Cheif problem is out of the way i would consider it.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 14, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

Ave Senators,

cato the Younger speaks the truth. Gaul is of need to expand in for it is bigger and will require a lot of Romans to bring it down, i for one am not going to commit to such a campaign.

Sicily is the Sinlge Most Strategic Island there is in our world Carthage would definatly know who is truly in power if we took it and Carthage would therefore shutter at the though of war with Roma.
    Syracusa will be depleted soon senators we must act fast or soon we will face a Massive Carthagaging fleets and arrmys on our home soil and we will all surly be put to the sword once roma falls under Carthage.

I support cato the Younger in his action to keep a watchful eye on Carthage expecially in spain i hear they are defeating the Spainish everyday in battles..
    I would hate for those Veterans to be on Roman Soil.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Brutius Decimus Cato
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

I find this ridiculous! YOu have no idea about the goings on in Spain. And I for one had information that it was Syracuse expanding in Sicily, not the Carthaginians. This is lies and propaganda to stir up a needless war without due cause, thought; but most of all, EVIDENCE!

Will the idiotic warmongerers stop this outrageous lies and deceptions. We are men! Not fools!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Let us get spies to Sicily. We will see for our selves that Carthage has no designs on the island or Syracuse, and this insane war fervor will die down.

Ave Fromer,

As much i am compelled to answer with anger and slanderous talk.. i wont
    i respect your descion and cautions and your intitled to your opinion..

Thank you for it Senator....

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Brutius Decimus Cato

Alleanza di Cato!

Ave Fromer consul,

And what is your reason that he has no clue he knows whats going on there?
    No one is pressing for war senator
    we are pressing to watch these people in their Dangerous quest for power in our world.
    So please rethink you Slanderous talk before you get yourself in a conflict you will surly lose.

Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato

there is asking for information, and trying to rally people for conflict. I have said I support spies and I thought of it originally. I do not however like the tone of your brother who tries to deceive the senate for war. Watch your tongue brutius!

Ave Fromer Consul,

*Sigh*
    I suggest you watch your or i shall cut it out haha.. im just kidding senator dont all railed up.

I am not rallying people for war im just letting people know what the Consequnces if we let Charthage do what they please...

Delenda est Carthago!

Alleanza di Cato!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Senators calm yourselves! We will vote on sending spies and that will be the end of this ridiculous back and forth!

Measure to send spies to Sicily to gather information: 1 yea 0 nay

I would like to give the positon of Princep senatus of the optimates to

Tiberius Pomptinus Maxtinus(kon_air)