Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Svlla/Constantinus

Ally Syracusa 5 yay - 0 nay

Simply remember if those of Syracuse refuse to take our hand of friendship, we must take them to stave off the Carthaginian threat. This would also be in their best interests, for who could flourish beneath the heel of Carthage?

G Furius Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    i have good reasons for Tarentum people to be unharmed.
    Please, explain. And realize I wanted the Nobles of Tarentum to be sold into slavery, not the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Consul Lvcivs Cornelivs Svlla enters the Senatus,bloodied and having some severe injuries.He sits on the Consul's chair and says:

Amici,diem perditi...(I have lost the battle)

~~~~Campaign Report of Consul Cornelivs Svlla~~~~

After i left the Senatus i went to our Northern borders.There was a rather green legion so I swapped it with the distinguished legion near Arretium. I started preparations straight away by besieging the city of Bononia.Inside stood a battalion of peltasts,so i thought i would have an easy victory.But while waiting for the siegeworks to be completed,our legion was attacked by one army of Venetii and one of Insubres.I was outmaneuvered,outnumbered 2:1 and outclassed as these barbarians had much more war experience and I had no choice but stay and fight were I stood,having in mind that if I retreated I would leave Ariminium open for an attack.So i did;I ordered assembly and waited for the enemies to come;

siege preparations.

The enemies.

The Venetii...

and the Insubres...

After the three armies were on the field,I saw the captain guarding the city of Bononia and quickly killed him.

After a while the first army,the one of the Venetii tribe attacked while their allies closed for the kill.

Suddenly I saw the leader of the Venetii challenging me,so I charged against him...Shortly after he was dead and him men disheartened.

the battle at that stage...

I managed to rout some of the enemies forces by attacking them with my bodyguard.

The Insubres closing to our lines for the killing.

At that point I was more than despaired; I had nor the men nor the class of soldiers to destroy the enemy.Then I saw a golden opportunity;As Fortuna was smiling at me;The enemy general was far from any reinforcement and I charged for the kill.

But that wasn't enough...My men started running from the enemy,while the barbarians were chasing me.I thought for an instant the possibility of a noble death;I would charge my men against the enemy;But then I looked the faces of my men on my bodyguard;I wanted as anything to save them;to bring them back home.So I am disgraced;I abandon the battlefield instead of dieing with my men(I did not rout,I pressed "withdraw" button...).

the outcome of this massacre...

After the battle I moved a legion to guard the river while I had fortifications built close the segestan front.

Here we are;You didn't want to battle them all as they are "different" tribes while what I said happened in exact.They saw us attacking one of their cities and all the free people attacked us.I couldn't avoid battle nor its outcome even the fact that I am a veteran player of RS. If i had been given right to destroy them all,the outcome now WOULD be different as I would have decided where to battle the enemy.But we have no time for words of regret;We must dispatch all our men against them,retrain the legions while I am given right to pacify the region at once.I move that I am given Imperivm,to destroy them all until I have reached the Alps.I also inquire that I am given more legions to battle them,because our most experienced legion was wiped out.Please vote for this as quick as possible;
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

It is as I said, my words are vindicated. Is this not proof enough senators? Consul, though you are shamed in defeat, I will not place the blame solely upon your shoulders, for we both cautioned the senate about what lay ahead. I would give you a chance to regain your honour. I ask that you tell us, in detail, the legions you believe are needed to win, and win well, and the tactics you will use. Then motions can be put forth.
    Last edited by Calvin; October 15, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

I would try a divide and Conquer aspect of war;They have many armies grouped together but if I attack on specific and strategic points,they will have to dispatch forces to attack me...I can destroy every enemy fullstack without much casualties(as i have proved in the bridge battle) if I battle against it alone,so I would try to avoid every 2:1 battles while dragging the enemy closer to our front;then with an good coordinated attack I can destroy each army by itself thus limiting down the enemy's fullstacks.At the end when the rebel power is brought down,I will unleash an all out attack with two legions destroying the rebel armies.After that,the enemy cities will be left unguarded so I'll just siege them for a turn,the assault them. For all these,having checked the enemy power,I would need 4 full legions under good commanders,which we have.Simply stated,one more legion and the retraining of the destroyed legion.
    As I have witnessed,equites are no good against the barbarian cavalry;So i would either require to have extra triarii or the right to hire mercenaries.Also it would be of use if the legion roster changed to 4 hastati,6 principes,4 triarii,2 velites and cavalry\mercenaries.

It is said actions speak louder then words. that is no more true then today. I will admit my err in judgment played a part in this debacle. However this defeat was not as bad as it could have been thanks to the noble efforts of the consul. Now let us capitalize on the sacrifice of these brave soldiers they lost but blooded he enemy significantly. I approve the consuls military plans and ask my fellow senators to review the matter of taking the lands up to the alps.
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; October 15, 2007 at 05:36 PM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Consul,

I am Disapointed in your defeat.. but happy you came out of it alive because we have much use for you.
    Unfortunitly as i said before i will not have us march on the po vally kingdoms.
    Destroy what armies you must but the loss of more men like we've had this day is not something i feel like doing for the next 5-10 years.
    expecailly with gaul comming nearer to our borders everyday..

I still stand bononia is the only kingdom i will permit to be Taken over for any other motions are vetoed..

As for your Legion build up..
    I suggest 4 Hastai 4 Principes and 4 Triarii.. leave 3 Calvary units/ mercenerys to your disposol.
    Delenda est Carthago!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 15, 2007 at 05:35 PM.
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Consul, even the best military commander would have troubles defeating three large enemy armies. Fortunatly, you killed many enemies, so you should be able to defeat them in a second attack.

Although I will not start it, I propose we start a new vote on conquering Cisalpine Gaul. As shown, they are united against us, and conquering just one will lead to constant raids by barbarians.

After all, if we were to conquer Cisalpine Gaul, there would be no Barbarians left to raid us. But if we take just one city, they will raid until the Gauls arrive.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

I thank you for your support and while I take full responsibility of the battle's outcome,I am afraid that this battle have shown something more than the hideous face of defeat;The fact that many in this Senate house don't have the clarity of mind to look past their petty interests.I blame those who saw no "need" to attack other than the city of Bononia.What if both I and Senator Libo tried to explain that the cities of the North form a coalition of sorts,you claimed that they are three entirely different nations,not the same. Well as it seems,they may not be the same nation,but they support each other. When you wished me to march against Bononia,I raised the argument of what will happen if the people of the North come in force. You did not or did not want to listen to me;Now catastrophe has struck and I am to be considered responsible for it;What if we had not the men for such a bold move;What I proposed you was that I was given the right to set the "rules" of the battle,to have at least one advantage-seeing that they have both numbers,skill and many allies-but you refused me of that.Now defeat has come;A defeat that rests now on my shoulders while you all,the co-responsibles for this calamity,are free of guilts.I have nothing more to say,I am responsible for choosing the safety of a city,Ariminium,over the lives of my men. But those lives,you Noble men of the Populares and Cato,put in danger!!! Now,I demand to have the opportunity to set this misjudgment of yous right;Give me the legions and I will bring you the heads of these barbarians,I pledge this before men and Gods!

Citizen

Cato, everything you are saying is based upon what you feel like doing. But what you feel like may not be the best for Rome. You are throwing the Tribunes veto around like a child with a new toy. I urge you to rethink your stance on the matter. Not retaliating against the tribes that have attacked us is a sign of weakness, and every month we delay will give them time to rebuild. We are not the only people capable of rebuilding armies Cato!
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Ave Consul,

Sham.. Defeat is bitter for any Romans but revenge will be ours!

I am with Cato the Younger, I will not support any war.. kill all their armies when they come but i will not support any other kingdom being taken over
    no matter what the barbains do we must not move twords gaul.. Before you
    know it hordes of gauls wil lbe comming in and we will all be at the mercy of
    barbians..

all of those to wish to take all kingdoms in the Po Valley are foolish senators..
    its a waste of men that will cause more waste of men to the gauls..
    I am tired of this undieing need for Gaul when nothing is to be had there
    Snoopy.. I am tired of your comments and blind Hatred for gauls
    I will Denounce you every chance i get and make you and your party look like
    Fools in this senate house i am tired of your beliefs for such things were there is nothing to gain but piles of dead romans when there are greater threats to be dealt with.

Delenda est Carthago!
    Morte a Temperantia quod Voluntas Partes!!

~Brutius Decimus Cato
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

My first act as Princeps Senatus of the Popvlares is to announce:

The motion of whether or not to ally with Syracuse is passed. A diplomat should be sent to the Syracusans as soon as possible to ask for an alliance.

As for invading Cisalpine Gaul, giving Consul Svlla imperium for the remainder of the war, and recruiting the required legions, I say:

Motion on invading Cisalpine Gaul:

Yay- 1 Nay- 0
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Citizen

As usual Brutius Decimus Cato, you have no opinion but that of Aquilia Decimus Cato. There is no point talking to you, since you follow him blindly. And although Cato is automatically going to veto this motion, I will still push for it out of principle and in defiance of him.

Yay 2 - 0 Nay

We share the same veiws for he talks my with every word he speaks
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Yay 3 - 0 Nay

Well he can not vote for you. You must do that.
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; October 15, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

*Sigh*

I am having nothing to do with Gaul or Po Vally..
    All the dead romans will be all counted for in your hands not mine.

Kill all the romans you want i wont veto the foolish motion..
    i hope we do go to war with gaul soon that all of you will see what we will deal with soon..

~Aqulia Decimus Cato

To both Catos:

You have disgraced Rome. They might as well have yelled "We are united!!!" In our ears, and then beat up a load of Romans. Conquering Bononia is not a solution, as these Barbarians have the ability to rebuild. In short term, which is the only thing you naive senators see, we will lose a good many Romans. However, in the long term, it will eliminate Barbarian threat, give us a defensive position against Gaul, and will probably gain us money for future conquests.

Oh, and quit raving about "Carthage must be destroyed!". We have been attacked by Barbarians, are struggling against large armies, and, while you are saying stuff about "great Gaulish bloodbaths", you think we should just take our precious legions, stick em on a boat, and send them to Sicily to fight an overseas war against a very powerful enemy, as well as a weaker enemy which we will be forced to make. Sicily, is, at the very least, a bloodbath already WITHOUT Roman interferences.

To Cato the Elder:

Honestly, why are you supporting someone who you used to argue with constantly? Can you not see that its safer to take down all enemies in one swoop? Oh, and if, after this, you STILL support your brother, you shouldn't be against the Moderation party, considering you are still debating with your own party leader.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Ave,
    Snoopy you are a Disgrace to Rome and her people,
    You Rallied for a war and you got it..
    You Rallied for romes men to be killed for no purpose... and you got it

I am not going to talk to Tratiors expecially the likes of you and your foolish ambitions that have no purpose for rome just for your own personal glory.

Go kill all the Romans in italy i dont care anymore Senator for i shall support neither side for both of them are wrong to a massive extent..

quit your retarted and dumb raving about Barbains are bad we must kill them all.. Grow up Senator from the old days times have passed and the world has changed but you havent.. for that you are a Dishonorable and Tratior to Rome in my eyes and my brothers.

Shut up with your pathetic muling and go cry to your party about gaul and all the glorious victories we can have there.

~Aqulia Decimus Cato

as you can see senator i have a new rave.. one that will happen weather i die by doing it or not.

I am not his party leader;He departed because none supported his madness in the Noves Optimates.Good riderance if you ask me...To much of trouble starters....

Citizen

Senator Libo stands up chuckling slightly.

Well, I suppose wishing the death of my party is better than wishing the destruction of one of the largest cities in the world!