Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Brvtvs/Constantinvs (senate records)

Continue discussions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Svlla/Constantinus

The former Consul Balbvs strides in and as the roar of the plebs is silenced as the great senate doors cole proclaims.

Congratulations to all those in the elections, successful or not. But I would extend a special congratulations to the new Consuls Constantius and Svlla. May Rome prosper during your terms.

OOC: save game http://files.filefront.com/Youarethe.../fileinfo.html

Good luck
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Salvete Senators!

Many of you here today voted against me and my faction; Many of you wished that we have lost the elections; Many of you perhaps still do; But I find this indifferent to me. What I consider important is that as of today we Romans stand united; Let this be an end to civil strife and division! Let my first Consulate be the beginning of a new era in the Senatus where men of ability are leading the Republic forward, rather than men of Factions. I urge that you all join, with me, in this fresh beginning and that we, together, will do what is best for Rome from now on. I will not exploit my term to get my factions ideals to motion as some of you may think of me; in the contrary I will support every motion that has the good of the Republic and its citizens as its goal. I will not support war as some of you may believe; I will go for an era of economic growth and prosperity for our nation. Let this term be the one, which will give the citizens of Rome justice, peace, prosperity and security to the Res Publica after 4 long years of continuing warfare! The citizens and the Republic herself deserve nothing less!

Valete Senators!
    Consul Cornelivs Svlla
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Libertus

Ave Svlla,

I am sorry to say i will not coexist with populares for i have nothing in common with and most of them are enemies of mine.
    I am glad you will listen to what everyone says like Cato the Younger Hopfully you can show them what i means to listen to both sides seince they reject Catos moderation Beliefs.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Senator Maxtinus, you have no reason to be enemies with the Popvlares. We have not fought with you in the past, why not join with your party members and work for a more united Rome?

Ave Consul,

I am with Tiberius Pomptinus Maxtinus, Anyone who was or is an enemy of my brother is my enemy for an eternity. i wont listen to the likes of them for nothing good will come of it.

The Moderate stance you have is interesting to me, Our party is becoming more moderate with the passing of each day. It is better then being blood thirsty barbains i guess.

Econemy is definatly a must but to much peace can cause our people to lose their edge for battle and make them uneffective against someone like Charthage who is busy taking over spain and Sicily for their veterans will maul over our with a blink of an eye.

Roma Victor!
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Libertus

Ave Fromer Consul,

I will not follow my party members to their fall with the populares.
    Once again i havve nothing in common with you people and Definatly do not care about the people whom you suppport.
    I am sure Cato the Elder and Younger are with me when i say nothing good will come of being freinds with populares.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Well then it will be you that causes a split within your party, not the Populares.

Libertus

Ave former Consul,

I will not Cause any Split within our party they have their beliefs and allies and i have mine. we will stick togather and work with one another even though some of us may not like what they stand for i am willing to look past it for the good of Nova Optimates!

Roma Victor

Ave former Consul,

I agree with Pomptinus, by the gods Optimates will not suffer a split,
    i will not Penelize our members cause they like populare... romans...

i am willing to look past it other than cause a big fuss and split the party again.

Alleanza di Cato!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I see. While I fail to see how a party split between Conservatives and Moderates can remain united, I wish you the best.

Please Senators calm yourselves.The Populares are a faction of importance no matter how our opinions differ; They are to be respected,if anything. But let us all together prove to the Senate members that the Optimates are equal and betters even when it comes to politics!Let us not allow hatred or discontent take the better of us! We must all strive to co-exist if not cooperate in the future.Finally senators i believe that war will come soon enough if we are not careful;I examined the lands of the republic and I must say that Consul Balbvs has positioned our legions too close to the borders.Any advice senators?any orders for me to carry out?Shall i instruct our men to pullback away from the borders so that the cities of the North will stop suspecting that we are about to invade their lands?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Yes, because we have at least nine years left on the senate ordered mandate of peace.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Fellow Romans,

Pomptinus.. Look past your petty problems with them i hate them as much as you do but i will not see my fellow contrymen fight against each other and let Rome suffer at the hands of Barbains, Greeks or Charthigians just because i became and Enemy with a senator.

Cato the Elder, I admire you loyalty to me and willingness to become enemies of te Gods to keep me safe but i beg you to look past the populares differences and i asure you, you will find a Roman there...

think about it Brothers, im not trying to convert you im just trying to get you to use your reason once and a while haha.

Roma Victor!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

I will do so at once if it is the will of the Senate! I will order the construction of forts though close to Arretium and Ariminium so if any warband crosses our borders i will be able to act at once,with your consent and advise as always...

Valete Senators!

Ave Aqulia Decmius Cato, And Consul,

I am sickenend to hear that you give into populares demands so quickly i will not join with these men or be a freind to them, They are my enemy and nothing more or less.
    While i will not go as far as getting a personal army and Declaring war on them, as much as i would like to, they are still my enemy the same as all the Enemies of Roma herself.

Sorry brother i've used my reason and the Conclusion is populares are neither Roman nor freinds. i connot see Romans in these men so Respect is something i will not give to them no matter what they do for the Republic.

Optimate Victor!
    ~Brutius Decimus Cato

Alleanza di Cato!

Libertus

Ave Consul,

No keep them there it'll show them that if they even shutter at the though of invading rome they will feel the wrath of her people!.

Brutius i Agree with you populares are not deserving of Respect!
    I will support you in this Rivilary!

Optimate Victor!
    -Tiberius Pomptinus Maxtinus

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Optimate brothers,

So be it...

Consul i think my brother is right. they will think twice if are borders are secure with mountians of men. They will know we will not tolerate their men passing in and out of our land freely.

Kepp them their is what i say!

Roma victor!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Senators are we children???? Look past your rivalries,for the love of the Gods we have won!!!You can hate them if you like or show disrespect to them,but I won't;not because I have fallen under Populares influence,but because I want unity in the Republic!!! I urge you to show self restrain,for the good of Rome and our Faction!Please reconsider your statements,which do no good to either Rome or the Noves Optimates!Remember the Rules of our Faction!!!

Libertus

Ave consul,

Pish Posh our Rules! If you are that worried about my rivilary kick me out!
    I will not fall under Populare control like most of you have already. leave me be!

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast