Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 5.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 5.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Levik81 View Post
    Hello all!

Did i understand correctly that SS 5.0 didn't includes four expansion campains?
    SS 5.0 will offer you a late and early era campaign (with the changes you can read in the first post of this thread). King Kong has not touched the Kingdom "mini-campaigns" at all (you will still be able to play them unmodified)

So yes, you understood correctly

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

My Home is my Castle.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Download wonkuruben's fix.
    I have checked this whole thread, and all I have found is wonkurubern saying 'if you don't download my fix, it will be mostly in German. No link, no mention of where the fix is and no knowledge from me at all about this fix as certainly all the previous SS versions did not have the problem.

This is the problem with the TW forums, assumption after assumption by people who know something, that everybody knows it. More than any other forum for mods, like STALKER or Oblivion or any other do I have to work so hard to find mods, mod fixes and mod information in general. In fact, unlike any other game, I have found more information by stumbling upon it in this forum than I have by being given concise information - rant over and wonkurubern's fix search about to begin!

My Home is my Castle.

Well done KK!!

very nice and a big thank you!

This mod has everything now

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks mailor! installed and it fixed the text, except that now there is no text or voicework for the Scots (my first diplomatic encounter, so may be others!). Dleted the events. dat and events.idx as suggested previously, but no change!

EDIT: Got it all working now through the various tips and fixes. Only thing I see at the moment is the Irish calling themselves England in diplomatic conversations!
    Last edited by uk_john; October 15, 2007 at 02:26 AM.

metalguy24's Avatar Libertus

trying to figure out how to make the arrows disappear again. I have my amount of soldiers increased, and while it is a cool feature, the persistent arrows are slowing the battles down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

this looks really good!

i'll xownload it tomorrow!

republic_bohemia's Avatar Decanus

Thank You all for malking such a great mod,It actully feels like a expansion oh I love SS Hello and Goodbye!

First I was playing DLV,now am playing SS because its the best mod out there for TW!

Regards.John Holy

WHOA, i was gone for like 2 month and it's out? nice, thanks KK

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Welcome back Mike. Haven't seen you for ages

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

is it ok to uninstall 4.1 before installing 5 or should i wait till after? can i uninstall 4 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Rí-na-hÉireann View Post
    is it ok to uninstall 4.1 before installing 5 or should i wait till after? can i uninstall 4 at all?
    You can do whatever you want with 4.1, because 5.0 installs into a totally different folder.

What I'd suggest nevertheless is deisntall 4.1 beforehand, since it only wastes hard drive space.

My Home is my Castle.

Hey King Kong, did you intentionally make the mongols have a negative cash income? Because it's kind of difficult to play as them after the 7 or 8th turn since you have a decreasing cash income. I know they start out with a lot of cash, and a huge army, but it's still difficult even if you blitz.

Col Poutting's Avatar Tiro

I'm not able to see the images posted by KingKong, they are replaced by photobucet upgrade thing; am I the only one with this?

looks great

P.S. KingKong: geile arbeit, mangelt nur an Schweizer in der spät era

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Asean View Post
    Hey King Kong, did you intentionally make the mongols have a negative cash income? Because it's kind of difficult to play as them after the 7 or 8th turn since you have a decreasing cash income. I know they start out with a lot of cash, and a huge army, but it's still difficult even if you blitz.
    Yes it is intentional. You have to either disband some of your armies or do what every good Mongol does and go on a pillaging spree! Take cities and sack them. Rinse and repeat until you start making a profit. I suggest taking Antioch, Damascus and especially Jerusalem as a good start

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Would it be possible to include a couple more download site links? Filefront is giving me problems.

i just wanted to point something out that i saw in SS 4.1 Im not sure if it has been changed in 5.0 or not. but i noticed that Egyptian mamluks and royal mamluks have the same basic stats, atk/def and only a minor difference in their charge attribute. however, royal mamluks cost A LOT more. the same goes for the mongolian light and heavy lancers. they have the same difference except for a minor difference in their charge stat. am i missing something? or did KK just happen to miss this.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic-anthem View Post
    i just wanted to point something out that i saw in SS 4.1 Im not sure if it has been changed in 5.0 or not. but i noticed that Egyptian mamluks and royal mamluks have the same basic stats, atk/def and only a minor difference in their charge attribute. however, royal mamluks cost A LOT more. the same goes for the mongolian light and heavy lancers. they have the same difference except for a minor difference in their charge stat. am i missing something? or did KK just happen to miss this.
    If I remember correctly, the horses vary in mass, so the Royal Mamluks have a much more potent charge. I assume the same goes for the Lancers.