Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 5.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 5.1 Released

Oh, good. How would I go about doing that then, though? Since there's only a Stainless Steel Launcher.exe which I would assume would only be configured to launch... whatever folders are marked 'Stainless Steel' in your folders.

I mean, now that I've installed SS 6.4 I can't play 6.3, so, where do I go from here?
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; July 18, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    Oh, good. How would I go about doing that then, though? Since there's only a Stainless Steel Launcher.exe which I would assume would only be configured to launch... whatever folders are marked 'Stainless Steel' in your folders.

I mean, now that I've installed SS 6.4 I can't play 6.3, so, where do I go from here?
    ok so you got 6.4 right now, go into "mods" folder, you should see a folder called SS 6.3 (which is actually 6.4 but name wasnt updated), simply rename it, let's say you rename it "Stainless Steel 6.4" once that is done run the 6.3 installer again, after it finished dont use the 6.4 patch, now in your mods folder there should be "Stainless Steel 6.4" and "SS 6.3". If i want to play 6.3 i open the "SS6.3" folder and run the launcher that i find inside, if i want to play SS 6.4 i open "Stainless Steel 6.4" and again run the launcher that i find inside

Oooh, interesting. Thank you. Now if I could only find a 6.0 DL link...

Oooh, interesting. Thank you. Now if I could only find a 6.0 DL link...
    http://www.gamewatcher.com/search?ut...8PART+1%2F2%29

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/proce...teel-v61-patch

Oh wow, and these still work?

Thanks a bunch, man!

So I just rename SS 6.3 so it doesn't overwrite?

OK, so, I've downloaded them, but uh... there's no .exe file to actually start 6.0. Where is it?
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; July 20, 2016 at 10:21 PM.

Oh wow, and these still work?

Thanks a bunch, man!

So I just rename SS 6.3 so it doesn't overwrite?

OK, so, I've downloaded them, but uh... there's no .exe file to actually start 6.0. Where is it?
    all the files in the links are .exe files

STAINLESS_STEEL_6.0_PT1OF2.EXE
    STAINLESS_STEEL_6.0_PT2OF2.EXE

Stainless_Steel_6.1_Patch.exe

^as you can see, just run them in the order, install part 1 then 2 and then the 6.1 patch, after you installed it there will be a "Stainless_Steel_6" folder inside "mods" folder, open it and inside you will find a file called "Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms" run it to launch the mod

regarding 6.3 it wont overwrite, the installer dosent know or care about other mods/files, all he does is he creates a folder called "SS.6.3" and then installs everyhing inside it and that's it, if there's already a SS6.3 folder he will install everything in it and in that case it will overwrite

Where should I make them install to?

Where should I make them install to?
    regarding 6.4 and 6.3 just do what i told you earlier, only rename and that's it

for 6.1 i think the installer is already set with the corect path, so very probably everything will be where it should, just install it normally

Ah, no, just for 6.0. 6.0 wants to install to a SEGA directory, which I don't have because I'm using Steam.

Ah, no, just for 6.0. 6.0 wants to install to a SEGA directory, which I don't have because I'm using Steam.
    all kingdoms mods must be installed in the mods folder

you can install it anywhere you want and then just move the mod where ever you want by simply moving the folder

so basically i can make a folder on desktop called SS6.1 and install the mod in there, once done i open the SS6.1 folder and inside it i will find another folder called "Stainless_Steel_6" now i grab it and move it into C\ProgramFiles\SEGA\Medieval 2:TotalWar\mods or whereever your mods folder is and that's all

to launch the mod you simply run the batch file that you can find inside "Stainless_Steel_6"

*sigh*

And I was about to come back here and thank you. The installation worked and I am able to open SS 6.1, but now every time that I attempt to start a campaign, it crashes to desktop. No warning, no "Medieval 2 will now close", nothing. Everything just stops. Any idea what's up?

I had thought this would only happen for 6.0, so I installed the 6.1 patch, but it fixed nothing.
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; July 22, 2016 at 04:14 AM.

*sigh*

And I was about to come back here and thank you. The installation worked and I am able to open SS 6.1, but now every time that I attempt to start a campaign, it crashes to desktop. No warning, no "Medieval 2 will now close", nothing. Everything just stops. Any idea what's up?

I had thought this would only happen for 6.0, so I installed the 6.1 patch, but it fixed nothing.
    i've had this problem, i just tried starting the campaign more times, eventually it worked, i dont why

So you just kept going at it and eventually it worked? Huh.

How many times did it take for it to work for you? Because I've been going at it for a bit now...
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; July 22, 2016 at 11:41 AM.

Kesten pire's Avatar Foederatus

Try deleting
    "descr_geography_new.db" & "descr_geography_new.txt"
    from .../Medieval II Total War/mods/SS6.3/data

3-4 times i think, is your mod's path like this SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6 ?

@Kesten he is trying to play 6.1 not 6.3

No, my modpath is in the Steam directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods

@Kesten
    Might that work for the 6.1 patch?

No, my modpath is in the Steam directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods

@Kesten
    Might that work for the 6.1 patch?
    yeah it's correct, well i dont know, have tried starting all campaigns ? both early and late ? try starting a hotseat campaign also (multiplayer)

i just checked my 6.1 folder and i dont have any descr_geography file, Kesten is probably right, try deleting those files

Yup, more or less. A bunch of different factions, both eras, and same with hotseat. Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, as soon as the map loads.

Those don't seem to be in my data folder either .
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; July 23, 2016 at 03:53 AM.

Since I consider SS 5 to be the most appealing, I would like to remind you that this download links are still active:

http://uloz.to/xzA89iny/stainless-st...ersion-zip-001
    http://uloz.to/xqYLZNRH/stainless-st...ersion-zip-002

I will check them from time to time, but In case that you need reupload, contact me. Enjoy!!!

JohnComnenos's Avatar Libertus

how do you use these. I downloaded them but I can't do anything with them.