Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Technical assistance for M2TW

Argus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Technical assistance for M2TW

I doesn' help. I uninstalled Ren and removed the rest, but a new installation changed nothing: If i klick on the .bat data, a black window pops up and disappears.
    I think i wait for the next version.....

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Huh, that will be a long wait.
    If you wish, you could try one last thing; I attach a new Renaissance.cfg in this post. It is named Renaissance.cfg.txt, because I can't upload .cfg files here; after downloading, just delete the .txt extension from the end. Try replacing the original one with this.
    Also, check that the .bat file contains this line
    medieval2.exe @Renaissance.cfg --io.file_first
    You can open it with any text editor.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

hello,
    i recently installed Renaissance and it works fine except that when i go onto the battlefield and select units they no longer light up, i have been trying to figure out what is going on for a while now. i have even uninstaled M2TW but to no avail. can someone please help?

I recall that is something yet Ramtha (original creator) implemented; I can't remember how t fix it right now, though. I hope someone who does pops in.

For some strange reason the game CTD's every time I start my first battle, Venetian campaign with all the units in Venice, and that castle in in Illyria against the rebel province without a wall.

It just won't work and I have tried it twice.

Also why can't I see my settlement details?

To add, its only Venice that has this problem... I think its the Venetian heavy infantry because Milan works fine, and that's the only unit that I am using in this campaign that I didn't use in the other.
    Last edited by Giuliano Taverna; September 22, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Indeed, it is a known and old bug with Venetian Heavy Infantries. There is a fix for it, in this post.
    How can't you view settlement details? I can't check it right now (I recently had my HDD replaced, due to faulty sectors), and I don't have M2TW installed yet, but maybe I can think of something anyway (ro maybe someone who has a solution comes in).

Oh, thanks. I figured out the details, they work now. Good, Venice is my favorite Italian faction. Genoa and the Pope lack the nice heavy infantry that Venice has, plus Greece and Italy are always my first priority.

I think I am going to have a rough time with the Turks though... well it is historically accurate.

Well, I'm glad you could get it to work!
    (And, by the way, Venice is my favorite faction, too! )

Looks like I spoke too soon, I added the fix you gave me but the game still crashed just as the battle finished loading. This time I attacked the walled rebel city just south of Venice. I do have vista, but I have my MTW file saved outside of the program files, along with RTW. Its definitely the Venican heavy infantry. I extracted the files you gave me to the data folder in the Renaissance folder, in the M2TW folder.

Default Vista help ARGHRGRHG

How do I add this mod with windows vista? I try and it tells me it can't find the file. Which is basically saying. "Hey. You're trying to alter these game files, which could change the game. Don't worry. I won't let you ruin the game. I've got your back."

Default Re: Vista help ARGHRGRHG

NVM. I think I got it. I hate bill Gates.

For others reading this - you´ve got to execute the install as admin...
    Damned Vista

Well, thank you for posting this!
    I use XP, so I don't know what problems may occur between M2TW and Windows Vista.

That's weird; once I'll have M2TW reinstalled I'll look into it (to see at least if it occurs to me, too, if I use the public version).

could you tell me what the specific file is that the fix changes? I put the files in the appropriate folders but I would like to make sure they actually copied. It says it did, but then its not working.

Sorry for the belated reply, I've been absent from the forums for the last few days.
    So, to make things absolutely clear: the ZIP file contains the file battle_models.modeldb, extract it into Renaissance\data\unit_models, overwriting the previous one.

Thanks it does work now.

Good to know!
    Forza Venezia!

Patton's Avatar Civis

you can execute as admin OR I just disabled the administrator varification process. Vista likes to scream at you about how now you are not secure but as long as you are runing an independant virus scan you are fine. That can be done by opening the control panel/ security features/ and the 4th option is to disable that function. As soon as I disabled this I stoped haveing probs with mods other then the probs some mods just seem to have.

Peace
    anyone can win a battle only a military genius can keep an army supplied.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Installation problems

I have installed everything like im supposed to, and i can start the mod fine. But when I press the start campaign thing, the entire computer fux. The screen freezes, it crashes completely. Im running on XP and i have pathced to 1.1. Can anyone hep?
    Last edited by Maximus183; October 17, 2008 at 05:31 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast