Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I buy Kingdoms?

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Should I buy Kingdoms?

wowsa! I bought it last night off Steam and played for HOURS!! (tired at work today, heh heh). it's worth every penny, IMO. was playing the Irish in a Brittannia campaign.

good stuff!! can't wait to see what Lusted can do with it. wOOt!
    Last edited by Papal_Knight; October 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: schpellink

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

ImKyleJames's Avatar Semisalis

haha, I went for the irish first too! it's awesome yea? OH and did you run into William Wallace yet? He's a beast! Oh and ever want to fight out a Richard the Lionheart and Saladin battle!? You can!

I don't know... I played as Ireland and it got boring after I took over all my island. Wales took over the mainland, so I had to fight stack after stack of them, which gets tedious after a while.

And wallace wasn't a problem for me in my norway campaign. I charged him with my general's bodyguard and he died immediately.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

got the message re Wallace's "arrival", but never ran into him. at war with everyone but the Norwegians now in my Irish campaign. wish me luck!

From what's been said I'm definately getting Kingdoms now
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

Right now im playing an awesome campaign! Teutonic Campaign. I've played it a couple times before and I tell you what.. I don't know if it's cause of the smaller map and fewer opponants but the AI really.. really.. really tries to hurt you. I play on VH/VH and although i don't like the diplomacy sometimes (i like keeping an ally! joint attacks and such.) but I love getting my butt kicked a little bit. Like in the Teutonic Campaign as the Teutons I think it's created so you lose everything just about, at the beggining. Oh ya you start off with two sections, about 8 provinces or so, only to have the already Warring Lithuainia and Novogorod and Denmark who soon join in just take it all away from you. Pissed? Yea i was, I started over like.. "not this time a-holes!" but alas, crumbled down to my last 3 regions. However, I think it's made to do this.. the thing IS 300 turns long so you have PLENTY of time to crumble to nothing and then rise back to power once again. The closest I got to winning was when I started out by just giving all the northern regions to Lithuania for peace, and it worked but maaaaan... OUT OF NOWHERE the danes launch this crazy good attack. A fleet and an army showed up at almost every region i had at the same time and they systematically ruined me lol.. AWESOME! Anyway, Im playing now as those pesky danish and got a great game going

sounds like a nice challenge. sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImKyleJames View Post
    @ Papal, lol, well i hope you get it anyway, even if you have to go into town!

@SoC As for the length they're THANKFULLY pretty long(THOUGH I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE EXTENDED!! "Lusted"). I was scared at first i'd see like 125 or 200 but thankfully they're all about 275 or so. The Teutonic Campaign is 300 or so as well.
    Can they be extended even further, by playing around with the descr text files and changing them to 0.5 years per turn? Or are there some mods around that do that?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Can they be extended even further, by playing around with the descr text files and changing them to 0.5 years per turn? Or are there some mods around that do that?

dude i hope so, i would LOVE a 500 turn campaign in the Teutonic era or like 500 turns in the Crusading campaign. hell just 500 period!! lol.. ok maybe that's a bit extreme, but making the America's campaign 400 turns would make me REALLY happy. I'd enjoy being totally murdered by the Aztec's and Mayan only to sit in havanna and plot my revenge.... i did that but time was running out!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12