I'll start with the beginning, which was me starting up a Numidian campaign. Rushed Carthage, conquered nearly all of their North-African provinces, till an unexplainable crash right after clicking the end-turn button devastated me.

I spent several hours searching on the forums, applying every single thing I found to try and save my game, but nothing helped. Finally did a complete re-install, and rendered all my savegames useless, as I had forgotten to copy over some files which I had altered, without remembering the exact specifications.

So I thought that having re-installed, everything might just be ok this time. Started up another Numidian campaign, and after some turns following the same strategy, same crash. Some light must have switched on in my head however, as I remembered that I just ordered some light aphracts at Carthage, which would be done the next turn. So I try removing them from recruitment, et voilą, no crash.

So in that respect I'm quite happy that I found it (although I lost a huge amount of time and effort in previous saved campaigns to such a petty issue ), but it still leaves me somewhat worried.

I tried building all other kinds of ships available at Carthage next, but crashed each time. Last try was building some light aphracts in a different town, and it worked. So my guess is that the Carthaginian Naval base, for some reason, screws up the Numidians (although I haven't tried playing Carthage yet, I presume that it works for them). I suppose it could screw up for other factions just as well though.

Am I condemned to abandon this pretty Naval base, and perhaps be stuck with aphracts forever (I don't quite know what the Numidians can build in this respect), or is there a way to fix this?