Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

What triggers many of the events also triggers scripts that obviously change a lot.

There's a lot of scripts in BC and all can be read about on this forum.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; October 18, 2007 at 05:15 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

How laggy will BC be?I hope it won't be as slow as DLV.

Campidoctor

I hate DLV what a buggy mod

I didin't say I like DLV.But I think no mod is bad.Every creator of a mod wastes preciuos months of his life to make something for others to enjoy.

Bernem's Avatar Senator

hey guys,

as I've read you still need the descriptions for ERE, SIndh, Oman etc...

please post the missing units in the unit description thread I think that there are many ppl (including myself) who'd like to do them as we did before!!!!

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: How much longer?

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    First of all, this is a question, hence it shall be merged with the Q&S.

Secondly, speed is a matter of relativity, so I would like to you to find me one M2TW conversion that's progressed faster than BC. I just want to know who exactly we're being compared with when people complain that we're slow/taking forever - if you ever played RTW, then you should know that it took a over a year before the first real total conversion came out. For a team of only a handful - we've been very discplined and speedy. TBH... asking us "will this mod ever come out", is a bit insulting, given how much effort and time we've put into letting you all watch our every unit, every roster, every faction, every feature and given you so many screens to confirm that we're not just being mod-teases. Its a bit frustrating and disheartening to see this question asked.

Thirdly, BC extended past our original release date to add the ERE, Oman and Sindh into BC 1.0. Something which, if you followed the mod's progress, was very much a good decision. It was a decision that has made the game much more epic, much more enjoyable and pretty much cleans BC out of 95% of vanilla skins.

Fourthly, the BC team is composed of adult males who either a) have full time jobs or b) have full-time university. If we had more free time - instead of just a few hours on the weekends and evenings - this mod would have been released weeks ago. Always remember that our work and school schedules supercedes any modding activities always.

Lastly, we are definitely near completion - however, we have no release date since that's not a wise idea. It's better to judge by seeing the tasks that remain, which I will be kind enough to indulge to soothe any fears that we're in stagnation:

- ERE is 95% complete but needs to be implemented in the master copy (AD and mine) of BC.
    - ERE, Sindh, Turks, Oman and Raj EDB need to be balanced for proper army rates
    - ERE, Sindh, Turks, Oman need unit descriptions
    - New music needs to be implemented
    - Some final tweaks and fixes to the geography and settlements on the campaign map need to be done
    - Some new scripts need to be implemented (they've already been coded, just needs some testing and such)
    - Some text related to historic events and scripts need to be finished up
    - Readme files and documentation need to be formed
    - Uploading and testing of BC 1.0 build needs to be done

Then the mod shall be released. Mind you, a lot of the task above involve no more than 1-2 hours. While others, involve many hours. I hope people now realize that what's left to do is finite and well defined - the light at the end of the BC tunnel is blindingly bright, if you will. We just need to clean up some stuff on the way there.

EDIT: From now on I'm going to link all "are we there yet!" Qs to this post.
    First, mirage, i apolgise if my post was insulting in any way, for i did not mean it. I just felt disheartened to see so many more objectives put up which means delay of mod. Simply put, its impatience on my part. Now that my doubts are cleared, i seincerely apologise for what i've said previously out of "desperation" to play this mod. This is because i'm bored stiff from all the other mods and MTW2 and i seriously needs a change, just nice BC looks awesome and i've been following it for a long time in hope of making my MTW2 exciting again. Regardless, take your time....since i am really sick of unstable mods. My apologies again
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Does this mod install seperately (so that you don't overwrite vanilla m2tw)? Maybe I asked this before, I don't remember..

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Indefinitely Banned

The first post has a FAQ, check it out.

Does Broken Crescent install to it's own folder or does it overwrite vanilla data files?

Broken Crescent 1.0 will install to its own folder and all installed files will be kept isolated to the BC folder. No elements of the vanilla M2TW data directory will be over-written or changed. Broken Crescent can be played along side other mods as long as they are also self-contained and built for M2TW 1.2.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Malik of Sindh View Post
    How laggy will BC be?I hope it won't be as slow as DLV.
    We have no where near as many scripts as DLV. BC's turns are currently definitely slower than vanilla - but thats a fact of life. My mediocre PC can go through the turns fast enough. I don't think most computers will have any problems.
    Last edited by Miraj; October 18, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    We have no where near as many scripts as DLV. BC's turns are currently definitely slower than vanilla - but thats a fact of life. My mediocre PC can go through the turns fast enough. I don't think most computers will have any problems.
    Thats good i hated it in DLV where the turns just went on forever. Mirage you computer cant be that bad it plays MTWII for a start lol

"One God, One Emperor, One Empire"
    Researcher of Italia Invicta

Default Will we have to mix low and high tier units to be effective in BC? (moved to Q&S)

I know there is a lot of AI problems where the AI usually spams spear militia and genoese crossbows, but I bet that is fixed in BC so it produces more elite units.

But I was wondering for both the AI and player, even when many of the players or AI's cities have top level barracks/ranges/stables will the player have to use a combination of low tier and high tier units all at once in order to be successful? Or will the player be able to just do highest tier of all the types of units all the time (pure elite armies)? How about the AI, it won't produce all low tier or all high tier I hope.

I was hoping BC would want you to be mixed so armies would consist of low and high tier, so we can get a wide variety of units and colors inside the army instead of an army being the same units all the time (spear militia).
    It would make more sense if armies consisted mostly of low-med tier units even when the cities have level 5 of everything and have a handful of elites to lead the shock when attacking but have the bulk of the army do the mass of fighting because I think thats how it happened in real life armies.

How will it play out in BC?

I think mirage said that due to the economy its going to be quite hard to create armies full of elite units so you will need to have a mix of low and high tier units

hope that helps

"One God, One Emperor, One Empire"
    Researcher of Italia Invicta

Jwb187's Avatar Semisalis

Default Faction Symbols (moved to Q&S)

Hey everybody...can I get a list of all the faction symbols I only know 4 or 5 of them...if this is listed somewhere else please close this and give me the link

SirFin's Avatar Laetus

will BC have a hotseat mode like TW kingdoms?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Faction Symbols

Quote Originally Posted by Batu Khan View Post
    Hey everybody...can I get a list of all the faction symbols I only know 4 or 5 of them...if this is listed somewhere else please close this and give me the link
    We don't really have a "list"... whatever you see during faction previews or on faction threads is what we've revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFin View Post
    will BC have a hotseat mode like TW kingdoms?
    Nope.

Jwb187's Avatar Semisalis

ok Mirage thanks I will look at all the faction previews...^ ^
    _

SirFin's Avatar Laetus

thanks mirage

Civis

Tobolight+(I hate DLV what a buggy mod ) I'm playing DLV now and i'm in year 1348 have had no CTD or problems so far, Why do u say it is buggy. YOU ARE WRONG. DLV IS EXCELLECT MOD. Playing DLV 5.0 This Mod here looks good , I will try it when it is released.

Indefinitely Banned

Sorry, I totally missed that comment. Once again: please do not insult other mods on these forums.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    Tobolight+(I hate DLV what a buggy mod ) I'm playing DLV now and i'm in year 1348 have had no CTD or problems so far, Why do u say it is buggy. YOU ARE WRONG. DLV IS EXCELLECT MOD. Playing DLV 5.0 This Mod here looks good , I will try it when it is released.
    Okay, but this thread is for for questions and suggestions for Broken Crescent. You can PM Tobolight if you want to discuss DLV with him
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Campidoctor

you are in the Questions and Suggestions thread if you want to discuss my opinion of DLV PM me..

Be Polite Tobolight - Mirage