Page 5 of 205 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

l33t means elite

Will guilds be implemented into BC? If so, what kinds? Thanks.

Indefinitely Banned

Hey AtEE, ()

No we haven't really considered or done much at all with guilds for BC 1.0. Currently there are no guilds at all I believe, except for a few basic ones. However, I do plan to implement new ideas for guilds - like tribal guilds or maybe something related to gunpowder/naphta - for after 1.0.

For BC 1.0 do not except anything vastly new for Guilds and such. However if you have ideas and suggestions for it please tell us!

ok tanks for the info mirage sure you will be flooded with ideas

"One God, One Emperor, One Empire"
    Researcher of Italia Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Hey AtEE, ()

No we haven't really considered or done much at all with guilds for BC 1.0. Currently there are no guilds at all I believe, except for a few basic ones. However, I do plan to implement new ideas for guilds - like tribal guilds or maybe something related to gunpowder/naphta - for after 1.0.

For BC 1.0 do not except anything vastly new for Guilds and such. However if you have ideas and suggestions for it please tell us!
    And what about my question?
    s economy going to be a problem in BC?I would like it if it would be atleast hard to maintain a large elite army.

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

Are jihad included in this game?

If yes, have a jiadic guild. A factions progress towards obtaining and progressing this guild would be through calling successfull jihads. This is how it could work.

1. Call A Jihad
    2. If the jihad is successful, the settlement you captured is offered the jihad guild.
    3.This increases the stats and abilities of the special jihad troops into hardened fighters as your guild is progressed. (maybe change on skin, more armour etc
    4. To progress this guild, you must hold the settlement for 30 turn or so.

Thoughts,just an idea

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

BC is not a game its a modification ... although It could've been a game on itself.

And offcourse jihad is included. But Im not sure if there are jihadic buildings... are there?
    † Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

Broken Crescent is a game. Without it Medieval 2 would be ******.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malik of Sindh View Post
    And what about my question?
    s economy going to be a problem in BC?I would like it if it would be atleast hard to maintain a large elite army.
    Yes, we've took care to make sure that you don't pump 10,000 a turn even with 5 elite stacks and a medium sized kingdom. Upkeep has been raised much higher than vanilla.. although not EB-level of difficulty. Both me and AD have found maintaining large stacks of good troops difficult and the new costs and GrandViz's tuning of the economic variables force the player to have maybe 1 good army and recruit cheaper/weaker units to be able to make other stacks.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default How much longer? (moved to Q&S)

Everytime i check the mod progress, new objectives are being added. So my question is: Will this mod ever come out? Or will the modders just keep adding stuff and it goes on forever?

I am not critising the modder's speed or anything, but just need to clear some doubts.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: How much longer?

First of all, this is a question, hence it shall be merged with the Q&S.

Secondly, speed is a matter of relativity, so I would like to you to find me one M2TW conversion that's progressed faster than BC. I just want to know who exactly we're being compared with when people complain that we're slow/taking forever - if you ever played RTW, then you should know that it took a over a year before the first real total conversion came out. For a team of only a handful - we've been very discplined and speedy. TBH... asking us "will this mod ever come out", is a bit insulting, given how much effort and time we've put into letting you all watch our every unit, every roster, every faction, every feature and given you so many screens to confirm that we're not just being mod-teases. Its a bit frustrating and disheartening to see this question asked.

Thirdly, BC extended past our original release date to add the ERE, Oman and Sindh into BC 1.0. Something which, if you followed the mod's progress, was very much a good decision. It was a decision that has made the game much more epic, much more enjoyable and pretty much cleans BC out of 95% of vanilla skins.

Fourthly, the BC team is composed of adult males who either a) have full time jobs or b) have full-time university. If we had more free time - instead of just a few hours on the weekends and evenings - this mod would have been released weeks ago. Always remember that our work and school schedules supercedes any modding activities always.

Lastly, we are definitely near completion - however, we have no release date since that's not a wise idea. It's better to judge by seeing the tasks that remain, which I will be kind enough to indulge to soothe any fears that we're in stagnation:

- ERE is 95% complete but needs to be implemented in the master copy (AD and mine) of BC.
    - ERE, Sindh, Turks, Oman and Raj EDB need to be balanced for proper army rates
    - ERE, Sindh, Turks, Oman need unit descriptions
    - New music needs to be implemented
    - Some final tweaks and fixes to the geography and settlements on the campaign map need to be done
    - Some new scripts need to be implemented (they've already been coded, just needs some testing and such)
    - Some text related to historic events and scripts need to be finished up
    - Readme files and documentation need to be formed
    - Uploading and testing of BC 1.0 build needs to be done

Then the mod shall be released. Mind you, a lot of the task above involve no more than 1-2 hours. While others, involve many hours. I hope people now realize that what's left to do is finite and well defined - the light at the end of the BC tunnel is blindingly bright, if you will. We just need to clean up some stuff on the way there.

EDIT: From now on I'm going to link all "are we there yet!" Qs to this post.
    Last edited by Miraj; October 18, 2007 at 02:36 AM.

As this is the thread for suggestions, I give some for Jerusalem:
    *If finally guilds are implemented I suggest these orders guilds for Jerusalem:
    -Hospitallers
    -Templars
    -Maybe Teutonic (not sure because I donīt know if they were too important in the zone I think not)
    *The guilds should be AOR I mean Hospitallers can be built only in Acre.
    If the mod moves to kingdoms, although I donīt know if this can be done in vanilla too it could be cool to have by script a unit such as kingdoms that represents the master of the order.
    *If the % of muslim population is high in the town of the guild additional dissent appears.
    * The kingdom of Jerusalem should have only a unit (or an ancillary if you donīt want to represent it as a unit) that represents the holy cross. If the unit is taken by muslims (=unit destroyed or general killed or captured) a new ancillary for the muslim leader should appear as a big bonus for him. A penalty trait in moral would appear for all Christian leaders after the event of the Holy cross is lost. That could be a cool addition in my opinion.
    *If Jerusalem is taken or faction destroyed an event could appear (it should be high random and not very common, two times most in the whole game) that makes appear a huge stack of crusader troops in Acre in a Crusade through Jerusalem. The event should be exact as a crusade.

Well that are just suggestions that you can or not take into account as this is your mod .

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks Blingerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingerman View Post
    *If Jerusalem is taken or faction destroyed an event could appear (it should be high random and not very common, two times most in the whole game) that makes appear a huge stack of crusader troops in Acre in a Crusade through Jerusalem. The event should be exact as a crusade.
    This was implemented many ages ago.

See here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...4&postcount=67

Cool I havenīt read it. What about the other suggestions? Specifically the one about the holy cross. I have to say the event should be similar to the golden eagle lost for romans in RTW mods

Question and maybe suggestion...Had anyone ever though about revival of the fraction after its eliminated. For example if rebels took control in several cities of eliminated fraction...This rebels could come up as the old fraction....just a thought, i saw this in other game(europe 2 I think).peace
    HAPPY IS ONE WHOS HEART BEATS FOR HIS COUNTRY

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Besarioni View Post
    Question and maybe suggestion...Had anyone ever though about revival of the fraction after its eliminated. For example if rebels took control in several cities of eliminated fraction...This rebels could come up as the old fraction....just a thought, i saw this in other game(europe 2 I think).peace
    I plan to do this in the future for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingerman View Post
    Cool I havenīt read it. What about the other suggestions? Specifically the one about the holy cross. I have to say the event should be similar to the golden eagle lost for romans in RTW mods
    Holy cross can be added. I don't think I can trigger traits/ancs based on unit-types (since thats what a cross is).
    Last edited by Miraj; October 18, 2007 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I plan to do this in the future for sure.

Holy cross can be added. I don't think I can trigger events based on unit-types (since thats what a cross is).
    Well in RTW it was possible for first cohor units to trigger an event called the Eagle is lost. The event should be almost the same.
    for instance see this:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79647
    But the effects should affect not only a general but the whole christendom
    Last edited by Blingerman; October 18, 2007 at 03:53 AM.

I wondered what has been made on the level of game "events" ? Are there faction specific events (a few , a lot , some ?) ? I remmenber also having read of a civil war script, is it implemented (would love that) ? And I wanted to know if the mission system has been changed because the vanilla one sucks (to few missions and always the same crap) ?

Faction specific events.. Well other than scripts like hordes and crusades that are essentially events, there are reform events like the ayyubids taking power and the templars getting burnt at the stake. Each faction also has an event at turn 0 that contains information about that faction, a short playguide if you will.

Civil war script.. I presume the opossing side of that civil war script would be rebel, we have a similar system in our regional rebellions

The mission system hasn't been changed much. I dont believe it's very flexible.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

thanks
    yes I was thinking about the regional rebellions. Nico to hear that it works.
    Events: and do the events actually really change the game or is it like in the vanilla game where most events (besides things like plague or mongols) didn't do anything (It always frustrated me because this can add a lot of spice to the game)