Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Questions and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    It's possible in Kingdoms, but I can't see any reason for doing that except maybe for the Mongols.

Count again.
    Maybe if a faction was taken over by Shia in history this could be represented?
    I have no idea, though. I really need to read up on my Middle Eastern-Central Asian History.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

To my knowledge there were only small shia factions in this period. They existed often as vassals who retained some level of keeping their identity (Their dynasties seem to have continued despite being vassals of a greater empire). Some quick ones grew up in the wake of the Mongols, but I don't know of any others.

If I'm forgetting any, I'd love to know though.

Indefinitely Banned

Besides, Allah would never allow the righteous of faith Ahlul Sunnah to be overtaken by such heretics in any case. Thus, it could never happen. It is written!

Besides, Allah would never allow the righteous of faith Ahlul Sunnah to be overtaken by such heretics in any case. Thus, it could never happen. It is written!
    lol a large part of modern-day Persia was Sunni before the coming of the Safavids from the north. Jalaludin Rumi, for instance, was a famous personality of that time. Also, check out The Samanid Dynasty. There were Shi'ite poets around as well, the foremost of whom was Ferdosi.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Which factions are the major factions and which are the minor?

All of our current factions were designed as major ones, with a fully fleshed out roster and vivid design. A few of our current factions might have classified as a minor one had we developed the concept of Minor Factions earlier: Oman, Sindh, and Makuria politically and historically would be minor, but we chose to design them as major.

A Minor faction would be any future factions with a smaller roster, and whom we would be treating with less focus and attention. They would not be a clone faction like many were in Vanilla, but would not get as large or as distinct a roster. We have made no plans for any additional factions, but those that would qualify as a Minor Faction include various Atabegs and Emirates, vassal-states that kept a distinct dynasty as they were ruled under various empires and kept some level of a separate identity, and others.

If you were to do these would these minor factions be playable or just small factions to fight while we deal with the major ones?

Indefinitely Banned

Any faction we make thats not emergent will always be playable. Except rebels of course.

Have you guys thought about making eras for this mod?
    Like a main campaign that you are already doing as well as other campaigns focused on different time periods like Tamerlane or mini campaigns like in kingdoms which focus on specific regions like the ottoman wars or the Ghorids ravage through India?

Indefinitely Banned

Mini-campaigns would be interesting indeed. But it's not really in our plans.

Needless to say it would entail a lot of work - especially for me, since I would need to make new maps focused on the given regions. And the team knows how much I hate "work". Uggh.

Indefinitely Banned

BTW I was a bit wrong on my size estimates for the mod.

Unpacked will be about ~1.8GB and the compressed installer will be around 800MB. So.. umm... brace yourselves.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

800mb isn't that bad by todays standards.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Hey, I'm sorry both if this is the wrong place to ask and if this question has been asked before but...

I have an overwhelming desire to play both this mod and Kingdoms. Since I don't have Kingdoms yet, I don't know the format of the interface and how campaigns are selected etc...my question is, if I were to install Kingdoms, could I install Broken Crescent over my game? Would it only edit the files associated with the Grand Campaign, so I could play the 4 Kingdoms campaigns or the Brokent Crescent Campaign?

Thanks.

I am fairly sure that Broken Crescent will not interfere with any of your vanilla files at all. You should well be able to play both Kingdoms and BC.

Ah, that's excellent news! I was scared I would have to go though all that uninstallation-reinstallation crap every time I wanted to switch between Kingdoms and Broken Crescent....I am extremely content.

Thanks for the quick reply!

BTW I was a bit wrong on my size estimates for the mod.

Unpacked will be about ~1.8GB and the compressed installer will be around 800MB. So.. umm... brace yourselves.
    Add onto that the music.

Happy to help KippyK.

Indefinitely Banned

@KippyK

We have a FAQ on the 1st post where we have:

Does Broken Crescent install to it's own folder or does it overwrite vanilla data files?

Broken Crescent 1.0 will install to its own folder and all installed files will be kept isolated to the BC folder. No elements of the vanilla M2TW data directory will be over-written or changed. Broken Crescent can be played along side other mods as long as they are also self-contained and built for M2TW 1.2.
    Hope it helps.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Oh yeah, the music. It'll probably end up hitting a gig in the end.

Thanks Mirage, I spent 15 minutes looking though old threads for an answer, I didn't even think to look in the FAQ

Good luck with the rest of production!

Since the build has changed since the last time I asked.

How will the Mongol Invasions play out? Like how many stacks do they get on their first wave?

In your play tests how far do the Mongols advance?

Are they able to recruit the same units in the middle east (levies) as the other factions?

Is the Ilkhanate in the game? And is its/ Mongol empire simulated break up simulated?

Is the Mongol Empire roster changed from vanilla like the addition of new units?