Thread: Saladin: Was he really a horrible man or hero of Islam?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Saladin: Was he really a horrible man or hero of Islam?

In Kingdoms, the text that shows on the screens make Saladin and the Muslims the 'bad' guys while the Crusaders are the good guys.

It says Saladin went to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and took down the cross and beat it with sticks going around Jerusalem. That seems very horrible as I want to go to Jerusalem one day and see that church where Jesus was buried. I also want to see Al-Aqsa mosque unfortunately they won't allow me there, and the Wailing Wall.

Not to mention Saladin got screwed in the special abilities in the Crusade campaign, only giving his troops max morale but not make them come back from routing. I felt it should last a LOT longer, because they don't get the benefit of added attack power or speed, and max morale isn't as useful it only delays a persons death but not bring them back from routing.

But didn't the Templars do bad things too? Like didn't the Templars when they got Jerusalem, they went to Al-Aqsa mosque and desecrated it too, by making it their HQ (hence the term "Templars" meaning Temple) and put a cross on a Muslim building, the building where Muhammad rose to heaven and the same building which Abraham almost killed his son Isaac?

What do you think about Saladin? In Kingdom of Heaven, Saladin didn't play so big of a role. But I do know someone is making a movie now about Saladin that is CGI.
    Last edited by Kiki52; October 07, 2007 at 07:26 PM.