Thread: Need good answers

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon5 Need good answers

I need answers about the combat AI of RTR verses EB mod, and please just write something..
    I will write why am I interested in AI now..

So, .. I never realy succseed in successfuly installing RTR and making the game to start. But !

I did however 'tested' RTR gamaplay and units and combat dynamics by incorporating RTR features (by that I mean almost every unit, txt file and art - )that also means that the RTR AI is incorporated for my personal edition of RTW. And I must say that it is impressive, especialy the AI of CPU..

Ok, here is the scope..

My first choise was RTR, but, my capability.. ufffI was not able to Play RTR
    And then I took EB mod ('you know of Whom I am writing -- And I like it, it is great (do RTR units are very nice with all glosses and nice romans...)
    In EB it seems to me that there are far less moral to the troops, the battles and AI from EB is more vanilla based,
    I have just played one very big battle in EB, and phalanx infantry units of the Seleucids were all around formation line - they have even holded the line while I was breraking their center and the right flank -- their best phalanx units were ont the left pushing forward attacking the trees !?! and the general was just standing still whille three of my units charged at him - and he died quickly..

So I just got on my desktop - that was too much for me...

So. That never happens in RTR ? right? I that is the case - write me please - Which RTR script can be succesfully imlemented into EB mod (conserning that RTR AI is better) that alters AI and makes CPU smarter,

And ! Write a few words why should I use RTR and not EB - please

Thank you for you time- this means a lot to me and my friends here withe the same problems and questions

be well!
    Last edited by maksimus; October 07, 2007 at 06:45 PM.

Default Re: Need good answers

I`m pretty sure it would have been far easier for you just to install the mod then to port all the unit stats. If you have problems installing it, make a thread and give details. We`ll try to help you. The best way to see how RTR is is to try it yourself obviously.

Also, you don`t say what files you have modified. Just the EDU? The unit stats have been balanced in RTRPE so, the battles should indeed make sense. You can find a list of the general changes pinned in the RTRPE sub-forum.
    How the ai units act has to do with the ai formations. In RTRPE we use Darth`s formations by default, but Sinuhet`s ai formations for RTRPE are very good too. I personally like them. You can find those in the optional add-ons pack for RTRPE iirc.

As in some other threads florin, you open my eyes to some point , still, there is a question about Campaign AI of he oponents.. Does RTR change that or not ? And is BI better for Campgn. AI than the one from RTR and for battle??

thank you so much

The proper Ai is harcoded. You can`t really change that. What you can do is more on the lines of guiding it via formations for battles or map features for the campaign and so on. The BI ai is supposed to be better. At least it seems that it is more competent concerning the naval invasions.

Can you guide me just so that I can succesfully use BI exe for RTR or EB or any other mod - so I can have benefits from proper AI, also, I would like to use Dart Formations with BI AI .
    Is all this posible?

thank you again!

I manage to do it , thank you anyway

be good
    Last edited by maksimus; October 09, 2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: grammar :)

Glad to hear you figured it out. Have fun!
    Marcus Camillus

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
    Can you guide me just so that I can succesfully use BI exe for RTR or EB or any other mod - so I can have benefits from proper AI, also, I would like to use Dart Formations with BI AI .
    Is all this posible?

thank you again!
    The AI is hardcoded. You can only make a mod that makes things easier for it.

Example... if you give the AI something thats really good in battles but bad in autoresolve (example horse archers) then it is going to go rather badly on the strat map.