Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Getting a CTD when I try to start the game right after installing.

DerDrakken, thank you very much!

I have some references for certain titles, that could be included with certain characters in the game, including hereditary titles. For examples assigning (initially) the Earl of Leicester for Simon de Montfort, and the Steward of Scotland office. There also character attributes that I am looking into, too
    Also I also think there is some province location changes for certain new family members, such as The Bruce and The Comyn.

Let me know when you want my help and thanks again for such a wonderful campaign mod!

<Yesterday, 02:50 PM / Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread
    derdrakken
    Great job gfortune!

Here's what I'm thinking for the DLV Britannia 1.2 update:

-Darth's Battle AI for Kingdoms
    -Less cruel and wicked early death settings (start possibility of untimely death at 29 vs. 19)
    -New authentic family trees & playable Barons Alliance (thanks to gfortune)
    -More powerful royal offices
    -Generals recruitable at Baron's Stables and above
    -New Splash Screen by Tokus*Maximus
    -Lots of attributes and ancillaries text clean up
    -Rebels now use their proper faction symbol

Other stuff as I think of it...

Cheers!

dd
    Last edited by derdrakken : Yesterday at 07:02 PM. >
    Last edited by derdrakken; October 19, 2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Ch...ch...changes...

Civis

Looking forward to addition. DLV RULES-THE KING Hate to ask, any idea when.
    Last edited by adambomb; October 15, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

Derdrakken
    Once more you have emerged from the mist bringing lite and joy to Total War grognards and have made the money spent on Kingdoms(purchased by habit) worth every cent.
    Salut! mon frere
    Dont have any gameplay feedback as I am waiting for the release of v1.2 and all its new goodies (esp. gfortune additions)

Hello My Brothers,

gfortune, adambomb & Germanicus...that is extremely kind and generous of all of you, thank you!

I should have 1.2 ready this weekend...most likely Sunday October 21st...I'm in California btw, for synchronization of calendars.

I'll include gfortune's latest 1.1 update.

DLV Britannia 1.2 will be an update .exe so it should be a relatively small file (at least compared to the hoggish 1.1 install) so it shouldn't be too taxing for your internet pipes.

Cheers!

dd

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:53 AM.

Civis

Looking forward to OCT 21st. DLV RULES-THE KING. Tks for reply.

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Hello friends!

You can read about the all new DLV Britannia 1.2a Upgrade here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125896

And download the file here:
    http://hosted.filefront.com/derdrakken/

Cheers!
    Der Drakken

Ay dios mio man, that was a fast 1.2 update!

All hail the DLV update ninja!

Looks like there is a small bug in the character text...
    Some of the characters have no text where there should be "authority", but others do. To illustrate...

Another small thing...I noticed that the win condition for the Barons Alliance is to eliminate England (makes sense), however the English do not have elimination of the Barons Alliance in their conditions. :hmmm:
    Last edited by Sinister Felix; October 20, 2007 at 06:24 PM.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Ok, downlaoded and installed 1.2. Started Britannia campaign....still no text.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Course there's still no text, because I forgot to include the stuff in the bugfix, Doh!

I'm so sorry, I've posted a DLV_Britannia_1_2a_Upgrade.exe with the missing files included: http://hosted.filefront.com/derdrakken/

And as an extra bonus, I've updated all the faction symbols to the cool Tokus*Maximoso style with Shield&Banner, just to make another d/l worth your while.

Please try the download again...sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers!

dd

@Sinister Felix

You are right mi amigo...why should the English get off so easy? I'll add that to the bug list.

Text should now really be fixed with the 1.2a Upgrade...

Cheers!

dd

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

I have a few problems with the Irish family tree, although I think that these issues root from the Vanilla version of the game, rather than changes made in DLV.

A couple of problems I see with it currently are:

(1) there are only two members, which makes the risk of losing by family death pretty high. It's just King Brian and his son...they must be lonely as hell

(2) one of the non-family generals (it was the O'Brien fellow) was having kids despite not being in the family tree.

I was snooping around in this file here...

HTML Code:
    :\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_british_isles\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat - BAK
    and I noticed that O'Brien has a wife (Ceara).

HTML Code:
    character_record		Jill,	female, age 37, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Ceara, 	female, age 27, alive, never_a_leader

relative	Brian O'Neill, Jill, Domnall O'Neill, end
    relative	Connor O'Brien,	Ceara,	end
    This leads me to consider several potential moves:

1. Delete Ceara from this file (hopefully this doesnt screw something else up), and break poor old O'Briens heart.

2. Add wives to the rest of the generals in the same way to increase the Irish family tree (hopefully this doesnt screw something else up).

I like the second idea much better, however I have no clue how to add them to the family tree. Something along the lines of the Scottish family tree would be very cool. Each "branch" represents a seperate clan, and the throne could move among them.

Anyhow, someone with more expertise than I could probably shed light on this.

Well, I tried option #2 from my last post, and things worked pretty well.
    I just created more wives for the rest of the generals (kind of felt like a pimp), and they started having kids as well.

What was interesting was that once I intentionaly killed off the original family tree, it was replaced by a family tree from one of the generals. I played a quick 40 years and this ended up happening twice. So the crown ended up passing from the O'Niells, to the O'Briens, then to the O'Rourkes, each with completely independent family trees.

Pretty cool, only problem is that it would be tough to follow the non-high kings clans family tree.

Well done DD!

Great work
    Sire! As soon as November comes around again I'll have time to play and DLVelop new Tokus*Graphics for the DLV Britannia campaign.

T*M

When I start a game, all of the symbols on the map looks screwy. I guess this is the no text problem? Its just red and yellow boxes and such

Blog Entries

Tried 1.2a...still having a problem with text. Now I can see SOME of the text, most seems to be piled up at the bottom of the screen.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi !

I really love this mod : beautiful work !!

But, I've got the same problem related by others users : when I launch a battle (custom battle or in campaign), the interface is blinked in white !

I play with upgrade 1.2a and a unpacked game : what's wrong ?

I hope a fix to resolve this graphical bug.

Bye

Loet66

PS : sorry, I don't speak english very well, so maybe I haven't understood the solution if it exist.

Blog Entries

Ok, tried a reinstall...success!!!!

There are still a few glitches..

1. When you mouse over resopurces you get no info..example, sheep 27 florins per turn. But if I put my Merchants ontop of the resource they are apparantly trading..just cant figure out whos making what.

2. Battle screens (see below) - no unit info and missing text on set-up screen. No biggie, easy to get around but would be nice to have. In battle - no or displaced unit info. I would like to have this back as to see unit status, enemy unit status, etc.

On a related note...concerning the King and heir. The disloyalty thing is causing me to keep my King and Hier in the capitol, I dont want to have the heir inherit the crown and be more than one turn away from the capitol and the crown, for fear of having a bunch a immovable generals around. Heres one example of a family member, Ulfheldin, who I sent on a Crusade, when he was ~44 years old. He became sick and was immobile for several turns during the journey, so I put him in a fort. He recovered but was never able to move more than one step-forward and back..not sure why. So he stayed in the fort, halfway between Norway and the Balkans (Crusade was for Constantinople) for awhile. Ulfheldin was a simple Knight banneret..and of course, since he coundt move he was in the field the whole time..eventually became Knight Grand Cross. All well and fine...he lived through the reigns of three Kings...and, at the age of 98...after about 50 years in this fort in Galacia, became the faction heir. Still immobile. What else..oh..the King dies and at the age of 103 he became King Ulfheldin..still in his fort in Galacia.
    He lived to about 115..never moved from his fort.

ANyway, Im suggesting that the immobility thing is unworkable...makes you restrict your family members when they should be out in the field or on a Crusade. Maybe have a large rebel army spawn..something like that.

Great job guys, keep up the good work.

​​

The House of Baltar

hi!
    I'm a great fan of the DLV modification for medieval, but i have a serious problem with downloading the new DLV Britannia 1.1/1.2 from Filefront, i always only get a dl speed of 5kb/sec, and i really don't know why (DSL2000) my question is if it would be possible to upload the mod to another filehoster then filefront? maybe others experience the same problem???

50hours of dl time is a bit too much....

greetz -[OoO]-HeinrichIV.

Okies,

Did a clean install with just the two files up on filefront:

DLV_Britannia_1_1_Install.exe
    DLV_Britannia_1_2a_Upgrade.exe

I wanted to make sure I wasn't benefiting from some errant tweak. BTW, don't delete any bin files...you shouldn't have to touch a thing. Nor do you need to unpack...this is installing in a separate folder dlv_british_isles so unpacking has no effect in any case. During install, if asked if you want to overwrite write-only files, click "Yes".

Once installed, click on Video Options from main menu, and then check advanced options. If your running wide screen make sure that's checked...and if not, unchecked. Double check all other video settings are correct for your rig.

Test results:
    Checked merchants...they should look like this (sans my orange crayon, natch):

Note to self, forget apples, trade dye!

Pre-battle looks okay...

Unit info should look like this:

I'll post some additional images as I get to other parts of the game and report any odd text issues I can duplicate. -dd
    Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:54 AM.