Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    I didn't unpack any files on my own, unless installing program auto unpacks, I didn't think of that. I just have text issue.
    You have to use the unpacker tool to unpack the files. The installer doesn't touch your normal installation.

Can someone who has already installed this mod, hasn't unpacked their main installation & is having the missing text problem, please PM me. A modicum of modding savvy is required.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

i havent unpacked anything and im havin the text issue

but i have not unpacked anything before so goes for the modding savvy XD
    Last edited by ivanhoex; October 09, 2007 at 02:07 PM.

I have found that you must do a full unpack and unpack the britannia mod--- I have text now after fully unpacking both _ i started with brit then did full

so it takes both to work .--- thanks for the help guys

I didnt have to do anything but unpack the files for the text to finally return as per the load reload instructions on page one of this post.

Jehuu's Avatar Foederatus

used tools\unpacker\unpack_all batch to unpack files, is there something else I have to do because it did not help!!!
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

also use the unpack britannia batch

I get a CTD shortly after the Britania Campaign loading screen comes up

@ Chaigidel also unpacked britain - new campign, one turn save, restart, reload - no change - I must be donig something wrong!!! Only used unpacker batch files from the tools folder, are u sure it's correct?
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

Quote Originally Posted by Posca View Post
    I get a CTD shortly after the Britania Campaign loading screen comes up
    Yea, I just downloaded it and it would CTD everytime I tried booting it up. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuu View Post
    @ Chaigidel also unpacked britain - new campign, one turn save, restart, reload - no change - I must be donig something wrong!!! Only used unpacker batch files from the tools folder, are u sure it's correct?
    Have you tried deleting the BIN files in dlv_british_isles\data\text folder.

To everyone that is unpacking the data folder (main or anywhere else) you must delete the data\descr_geography_new.txt & data\descr_geography_new.db files after unpacking or you will CTD. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

To everyone that is unpacking the data folder (main or anywhere else) you must delete the data\descr_geography_new.txt & data\descr_geography_new.db files after unpacking or you will CTD. You have been warned.
    so thats why im crashing to desktop? Were in data is descr_geography_new.db?
    Last edited by Posca; October 09, 2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: needed more

It's in the data folder. Look for it!

It's in the data folder. Look for it!
    I understand that and I did look. Im still having trouble finding it. There are many data folders. For M2TW, mods/britannia?

I would really appreciate it if you could be a little more helpful.
    Last edited by Posca; October 09, 2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: needed more

@Posca
    I'm sorry but short of coming round your house and pointing at your screen how much more helpful can I be?

You quoted my post but did you read it?

Look in all your data folders. Main M2TW folder & in your Kingdoms Mod folder & delete those files.

@Posca
    I'm sorry but short of coming round your house and pointing at your screen how much more helpful can I be?

You quoted my post but did you read it?

Look in all your data folders. Main M2TW folder & in your Kingdoms Mod folder & delete those files.

Sorry for wasting your obviosly precious time. We're not all computer saavy modders like yourself. Thanks for your help. Less attiude would have been nice...

Some people in these cases put Medieval data -> data-> etc. Thats doesent require you to simply point it out in front of me, as you said.
    Last edited by Posca; October 09, 2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: needed more

deleted bin files from the folder specified and also deleted map.rmw

have i understanded correctly and i don't have to delete geography files?

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuu View Post
    deleted bin files from the folder specified and also deleted map.rmw

have i understanded correctly and i don't have to delete geography files?
    If you've unpacked your folders then you have to delete the geography files. If you haven't unpacked then you don't need to delete the geography files because they won't be there.

<insert Comicbook Guy from the Simpson's voice>

Worst bug feedback ever! :

Harry Lime just got a new trait: Unhelpful (-from modding and forum feedback, -credibility as a courteous person)

Im j/k by the way, no hard feelings for ignoring me when you could have gone out there to help a little it more...
    Last edited by Posca; October 09, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posca View Post
    <insert Comicbook Guy from the Simpson's voice>

Worst bug feedback ever! :

Harry Lime just got a new trait: Unhelpful (-from modding and forum feedback, -credibility as a courteous person)
    The bug feedback comes from the people that use the mod. The only initial bug report it has received is the missing text which myself & others have tried to solve.
    The CTD reports have happened because people haven't read the readme in the tools folder.
    Apparently I have been unhelpful. If that's the case why have I been posting here with the solution, being unhelpful would mean I deliberately posted wrong information or not posted at all.

Discourteous maybe, but only after you failed to understand my clear instructions & besides sarcasm is a form of wit you're not averse to yourself.
    I will restrain myself from listing your weakness and will post no more on this subject. I will not derail derdrakken's thread & I advise you to do the same.

Finally have been able to get this to work. Harry Lime, thank you, your recommendation on the file deletion saved the day.

so, no text problems, no CTD, no crashing once the battle begins.

few easy steps

1-use the unpacker to unpack_all
    2-use the unpacker to unpack_Britannia
    3-install DLV_britannia
    3-find the files listed in the readme and get rid of them. I did this for the DLV folder AND the M2TW data folder.
    4-get rid of that pesky map.rwm in your DLV_British_isles folder under world --> base

after doing all these steps I was finally able to get it to work. Good luck for others who are still having trouble. As long as you follow MOST of these steps, read forums for extra help, it should all fall into place.

The bug feedback comes from the people that use the mod. The only initial bug report it has received is the missing text which myself & others have tried to solve.
    The CTD reports have happened because people haven't read the readme in the tools folder.
    Apparently I have been unhelpful. If that's the case why have I been posting here with the solution, being unhelpful would mean I deliberately posted wrong information or not posted at all.

Discourteous maybe, but only after you failed to understand my clear instructions & besides sarcasm is a form of wit you're not averse to yourself.
    I will restrain myself from listing your weakness and will post no more on this subject. I will not derail derdrakken's thread & I advise you to do the same.

Well, as long as you understand that you were being unhelpful