Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

omg dont kill yourself before you fix it.:O

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    Same as above reloaded and restarted. Did not work, started 2 games, neither had text. Saved, restarted, and reloaded twice, after playing more than one turn. Does not work. Darn it. DLV RULES-THE KING. I restarted computer also. both times.
    Ditto..unable to read text after saving and reloading.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hi there, big fan of DLV so I felt I HAD to download this as well.

Well, everything was going fine. I was on my third turn as Norway and was about to siege Skye with the reinforcement units that had recently arrived by boat. As the battle was about to begin it suddenly crashed to the desktop!

in the log it is unspecified

22:02:45.656 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:02:45.656 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    22:02:45.750 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:02:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:02:45.828 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:02:45.906 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:02:45.953 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:02:45.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:02:45.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/dlv_british_isles/packs/data.pack
    22:02:45.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/dlv_british_isles/packs/localized.pack
    22:31:25.328 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

As of now, I've unpacked both M2TW and the british_isles campaign.

the units are

1x general glirr hvass
    2x dismounted huscarl
    5x viking raiders
    3x norse archers
    1x sami axemen
    1x peasant archers
    2x ladders
    1x ram
    2x siege towers

I guess the only thing to do now is to unpack again and hope that doing so will fix the problems. Has anyone else encountered this problem or can offer any advice?

thanks, ahead of time.

Jehuu's Avatar Foederatus

maybe a saved game we could try - if somebody has a working version?
    Last edited by Jehuu; October 09, 2007 at 10:19 AM.
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuu View Post
    maybe a saved game we could try - if somebody has a working version?
    ask and ye shall receive!

http://files-upload.com/files/549620/Autosave.sav

I believe that should work. If not, I'll upload the file to another site.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks gurden-- can you link anywhere that I can download without having to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    thanks gurden-- can you link anywhere that I can download without having to pay?
    hrmm. As long as you wait the 30 seconds a download link should pop up, allowing you to download. Just gotta be a little patient

But, just in case that is not working properly here is another.

http://files.filefront.com/Autosaves.../fileinfo.html

I already unpacked my main M2TW folders, and am unpacking british_isles again to see if thats the cause. Last resort is to reinstall DLV addition, and past that the game (for the 3rd time in 5 days). I am wondering if some of the UI files might be causing this.

@gurdenc - thank's for the trouble - but it was in vain! Still no text even after reloading! I guess I have to continue guessing and palying - adds a new touch to the game thought - couse you u can't relay on your men straight away! a bit of realism aih?
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

text? did you unpack your main folder and british_isles folder using the unpacker in the tools menu? you can find tools under the M2TW directory. That is all I did to get text working. Choose the unpack_all option and the unpack_britannia if you can find it

My problem is the failure to load ANY battle correctly. Sometimes,for a split second, I can see the "Start Deployment" screen. However, I crash soon after with a darkened screen, unable to see any actual text until I click what I am to guess is the "ok" button, thus exiting all menus and leaving me stranded on my desktop.....sigh...

@gurdenc could you be a little more specific as to what, when and where one should unpack to make this game to work!

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by gurdenc View Post
    text? did you unpack your main folder and british_isles folder using the unpacker in the tools menu? you can find tools under the M2TW directory. That is all I did to get text working. Choose the unpack_all option and the unpack_britannia if you can find it

My problem is the failure to load ANY battle correctly. Sometimes,for a split second, I can see the "Start Deployment" screen. However, I crash soon after with a darkened screen, unable to see any actual text until I click what I am to guess is the "ok" button, thus exiting all menus and leaving me stranded on my desktop.....sigh...
    After you unpacked your files did you delete the descr_geography & geography db files. It will CTD on entering a battle if you didn't.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    After you unpacked your files did you delete the descr_geography & geography db files. It will CTD on entering a battle if you didn't.
    could you a bit more specific where'n what must be deleted - cause i hae'nt deleted anything!

so is the unpacker already in my mtw2 files? because I have never unpacked them and Im almost sure thats the reason it wont work

Civis

Harry Lime. Why no text in game, i follow all directions to correct more than once. still no text in game. Any idea. DLV RULES-THE KING. Did not upack any files.
    Last edited by adambomb; October 09, 2007 at 12:48 PM.

@Jehuu

How much more specific do you want me to be? I've named the files that must be deleted after unpacking. They're in MTW2\data.

@Chaigidel

In your Program Files\M2TW there is a folder called tools. Here lies the unpacker. Read the readme in that folder. IMPORTANT.

@adambomb

I don't know yet. I'm still D\L. Damn my slow broadband!

thanks alot harry I will report back in a few if this fixes me up

@ Harry Lime

Well, after deleting geography files from \Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\british_isles\data noting was changed , did'nt find any where else any geography related files?! should there more, i only unpacked british isles?!

@Jehuu

Did you look in your main M2TW\data folder as well? Only one of the geography files is a txt. file the other has a blue icon with a couple of cogs on it.
    2nd EDIT: I was replying to gurdenc about his battle CTD when I referred to the geography files. The geography files have nothing to do with the missing text problem.

EDIT: Finally D\L the Britannia mod & have had no problems at all but I already had my files unpacked, in main data folder & all Kingdoms mod folders.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; October 09, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Civis

I didn't unpack any files on my own, unless installing program auto unpacks, I didn't think of that. I just have text issue. I reallly havent had problems with DLV except with this mod with not text. Not sure what to do, mod looks good, playing it a little bit anyway. Still playing DLV 5. got 1/4 of map, havent won.
    Last edited by adambomb; October 09, 2007 at 02:35 PM.

so there arent any vanilla officers are there?