Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Default DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Hello All,

Please put your Bugs, Comments, Suggestions or Praise (yes, we like praise ), right here...

DLV Americas
    Basis 1.0 + Patch 1.1
    Goodies:
    -Tokus*Maximus faction symbols for Native factions
    -New event graphics for Native factions
    -Updated family member graphics
    -New DLV Americas splash screen

America 1.0
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QBKNPOSJ
    Patch 1.1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WB0VJXUN

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DLV Teutonic Knights
    Latest update: DLV_Teutonic_1_2_Upgrade.exe
    Fixes bug: CTD on death of Mongol King

DLV Teutonic 1.2 Upgrade here: http://hosted.filefront.com/derdrakken/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DLV Britannia
    Latest update: DLV_Britannia_1_2e_Upgrade.exe

Bugs and Fixes in DLV Britannia 1.2 Upgrade
    DLV Britannia 1.2e Upgrade here: http://hosted.filefront.com/derdrakken/
    --Barons Alliance achieves a hard won victory by defeating the English and gets a "You Lost" screen... Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade Baron's Alliance is now a fully independent factions which does not shadow England. Previously if England was eliminated, so was the Baron's Alliance...this made winning as the Baron's Alliance *cough* impossible. Now the Baron's Alliance can safely take down the English.
    --Missing text from your summary screen, diplomatic screens, battle screens etc. -- Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade Text folder added to your M2TW/data folder
    --Merchants don't report any income...lazy stiffs! -- Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade Text folder added to your M2TW/data folder
    --White boxes (apparently not refrigerators) seen in battles Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade Corrected the .SD files...also fixes huge text boxes on strategic map and other weird UI problems
    --Missing Ancillary trigger for Plymouth -- Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade
    --"A Irish Princess..." changed to "An Irish Princess..." and many other text problems Fixed in 1.2e Upgrade
    --Rebels are using the Irish banner in the UI...naughty rebels. Fixed They now use they proper Tokus*Maximus faction symbol, yay!
    --Undead King Haakon arrives from Norway if he dies before arriving on map...little thing like death won't stop him...Fixed in 1.2c Upgrade
    --Irish family tree is a wee bit skimpy at start, needs a bit of beefing up Fixed, beefed up in 1.2c Upgrade, further beefed in 1.2d...ditto Wales
    --Untimely death...max age would be better set to 90 vs. current setting of 100 Fixed in 1.2c Upgrade
    --Perth had a Norse garrison script rather than Scottish one Fixed in 1.2d Upgrade
    --Wales was using the French Royal Banner (due to the designer's laziness *cough*) Fixed in 1.2d Upgrade...now have proper Royal Banner of Wales
    ----
    ----
    Important Note for Vista Users:
    After installing DLV Britannia, delete the dlv_british_isles folder (if present) in this path:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_british_isles

Your path after ..VirtualStore\ may vary if you used other than the default install path.

Files in the VirtualStore are read first by Vista, so updates will be ignored unless you delete that evil folder
    ----

Last edited by repman; September 25, 2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: DLV Americas 1.1 Upgrade available

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

derdrakken is back & this time it's personal!

Eagerly anticipating this version from one of the 'founding fathers' of DLV.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Civis

will this work with regular DLV kingdoms also loaded.
    Last edited by derdrakken; October 07, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

@adambomb will this work with regular DLV kingdoms also loaded?

Yeppers, it creates a new folder in your mods folder call "dlv_british_isles" and an icon on your desktop "DLV Britannia 1.1". It doesn't mess with your vanilla Kingdoms installation nor your Deus Lo Vult 5.0 (Kingdoms) install in any way. Cheers! dd

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:49 AM.

Civis

tks derdrakken, DLV RULES-THE KING.
    Last edited by adambomb; October 07, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

strangely enough im not getting any text but the game runs fine--- by text I mean

Authority
    Loyalty
    Settlement

etc etc you get my point it shows resources and numerics but no listings not even when I escape to leave game-- its all blank titles -- and all my guys have piety instead of management :O-- same for all factions
    Last edited by Chaigidel; October 07, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

Chaigidel, it sounds like you've already tried this, but:

play a turn, hit the next turn button [added this step], save, exit all the way out, then restart and reload. That should bring all the text back. If you just exit without playing a turn, hitting next turn button [added] and saving, there's still no text when you come back.

Cheers!

dd

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added "hit the next turn button"

yeah are there any files that I can alter to fix this at the root? --- because I have tried several times the method you mentioned

i did too, and i found no answer either

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If we have dlv 5.0,you don't have a chance to add only the necessary files? 700 MB is to much ,some of us have a limited internacional traffic.

playing a turn, saving, exit all the way out, then restart and reloading did not work for me either bro.

THIS IS SWEET

loading this 2nite.. I have really enjoyed playing Brittania vanilla so far.. but still needed the DLV touch...

Civis

Same as above reloaded and restarted. Did not work, started 2 games, neither had text. Saved, restarted, and reloaded twice, after playing more than one turn. Does not work. Darn it. DLV RULES-THE KING. I restarted computer also. both times.
    Last edited by adambomb; October 08, 2007 at 04:39 PM.

Jehuu's Avatar Foederatus

Aaa yesss, having the same ''text missing" problem - restarted even my computer, oh how stupid of me, just in case i undesatnded something wrong! Also tried deleteing message files from data\text folder and map.rwm - no luck! Still no text! and ofcourse i saved and restarted the game!

Any help? would be much apriciated!
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

heeellppp ussssssss..

tried everything cant find a solution for the no text problem; listed methods didnt work; tried tweaking files no luck

Is their anybody who is not having this text issue?

probably derdraken XD

Is there anyone who was able to fix text issue with the outlined instructions?

Sorry guys...the silly thing (missing text) always clears up for me when I reload.

This also occurred with Vanilla Britannia once I had unpacked the files (missing text that is). I'll see if I can enlist my modder brothers in arms to see if they have any ideas.:hmmm:

Since my instructions above didn't say..."hit the next turn button, then save" I'll mention that, but I'm assuming you all tried that and it didn't fix the problem. Rebooting should not be necessary.

I'm falling on my sword now....aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh...

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: ritual disembowlment...

im probably the only one who has happened this way, but more info is always worth it...

i saved and exit the game... before end of first turn,

then i opened the game, went to next turn, saved, exit, no fix

opened the game 2 turns later, saved game, exit, no fix

deleted all .bin files, one turn, save and exit, no fix

load campaign 2 turns, no fix

so...thats it. i have no clue as for where this descriptions are so i cannot tell whats wrong here

edit: have you touch the EDU in any way? it might be my lack of testing on pikes but they seem to be really fixed in relation with keeping pikes in hand (maybe i just learned how to use them)
    Last edited by ivanhoex; October 09, 2007 at 03:09 AM.

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast