Thread: installation problem, I think...

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Default installation problem, I think...

k Hi everybody, I was wondering...

I just recently installed the mod cause I simply love the game but...I can run a good olī RTW, starting at 280 BC but I cannot get barb. inv to work...?

Might this have anything to do with fact that I have game and both datadisc on one dvd and had it installed in one piece, with patches already in?

Default Re: installation problem, I think...

If you have installed the simple version(not the mod switch one) of RTRPE you won`t be able to play BI from the same game folder. You should either have made a backup copy of the game and play RTW/BI vanilla from there or installed RTRPE v1.9 mod switch version(it installs in its own folder and doesn`t overwrite the vanilla files). If it`s no to both, you`ll have to uninstall and then choose one of the two ways I`ve said.

Moved to the RTR Platinum Support Area.

k well im confused
    anyway, the platinum edition, does it change game features of BI as well, or its just a mix for standart RTW? (I mean if I install or whatever it properly, will I be able to play lets say some faction alike the west-rome-empire?

No, RTRPE is just for rtw`s timeframe. It is one single mod. It will not give you extra things for BI. Whether you install RTRPE over RTW v1.5 or BI v1.6 it will still be the same mod. The differences are just that over BI it takes advantage of the BI ai and some unit features.

k thanks for the reply, im off to play now

hfgl
    --cze

Im having a problem playing the game i got it to install but when i start a game its crash any tips?

If it happens before a new campaign you need to delete the map.rwm files.
    If not then (if you play it via the desktop icons it makes) you should have the -show_err command implemented and you should be getting an error message. What is it?