Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Atman's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

I think some unit stats need tweaking.

- norse archers have ridiculously high defence (21); this is higher than any other unit in the game, maybe only bodyguards and full-plated swordsmen have better

- scots pike militia have strange low defense (10), lower than almost any other unit in spite of being armored in full-plates -- and in early game they are only unit in full plate armor

Tiberiu I'm not going to learn all this twaking now..check it out yourself

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

@Glabro: The unit costs are the vanilla ones. I didn't touched the recruitment or upkeep costs so I won't unballance the game.
    @Atman: What horse archer unit had 21 defense? And what version of my mod are you using?

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Atman's Avatar Libertus

foot norse archers have 21. I have 1.2 I guess, the one with installer.

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Will it be difficult when new patch of Kingdoms comes (just reported but plenty of time until that) to update Tiberiu_R, your work for new patch?
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; November 24, 2007 at 09:45 AM.
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    Will it be difficult when new patch of Kingdoms comes (just reported but plenty of time until that) to update Tiberiu_R, your work for new patch?
    I don't know...It depends what they fix. If they don't do anything drastic to units then I think I will manage to update my mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu_R View Post
    I did my custom version of the EDU which I had balanced the costs and it took me some effort. This is easy to make but it takes some time...

I know the costs in Darthmod are vanilla ones, you already told me that. I was simply asking about your personal custom version of the EDU.

When playing Crusades (Darth AI) as Kingdom of Antioch I realized more than ever how tough are factions which rely on infantry much and even more when using twohanded units, unlike what I know from history about for example Varangian guard or bardiche axemen. So I tried to change stats for those units - twohanded and cavalry (1+hitpoint for heavy cav and more def. skill for twohanded ones to evade charges more and almost double attack stat, pikes are stronger about 50 per cent). Now I like it much more. Twohanded armoured units are really trouble, if archers are avaiable then use rather them or charge but charge only, no prolonged battle of HC against them.
    If anybody is iterested to try, I would like to share.
    Destination - M2TW\mods\crusades\data\
    P.S.: Do not forget to back up your current file!!!
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; November 27, 2007 at 09:57 AM.

It has been a lot of time already...due to my retirement and some serious personal issues I have not been able to correspond with the Darth team as I wanted. I am now convinced that the Dark Side will continue to prevail in this forum without me. You have developed from apprentices to Knights and soon you will become Masters. My wishes for the best.

I do not play at all now..nothing and I cannot see for myself your development but as I read from others, I trust that you are becoming powerful as I have foreseen.

May the force be with you!

Tiberiu!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It has been a lot of time already...due to my retirement and some serious personal issues I have not been able to correspond with the Darth team as I wanted. I am now convinced that the Dark Side will continue to prevail in this forum without me. You have developed from apprentices to Knights and soon you will become Masters. My wishes for the best.

I do not play at all now..nothing and I cannot see for myself your development but as I read from others, I trust that you are becoming powerful as I have foreseen.

Tiberiu!
    Thank you very much, DARTH!
    Seriously!
    Thanx for your words and for making time writing this down

To be honest I don't have time working on the mod, sadly. I have to study for school now, projects, stuff, real like... AH...But I do wish to carry on with the work, both on my work and probably on Darth Mod. I have some ideeas...

Thanx Darth and I wish you all the best!

Hi, I´m new to this forum and I´m very interested in the Darth_Battle_AI for kingdoms. I onl have one question that might seem stupid due to my ignorance but indulge me please. The question is wether I need anything else to play this mod than itself and the game, I´m talking about patches or any stuff of that. I also want to say that I discoberd what a mod was and how many of them there are and I wanna say, thanks to each and every one who has done one, It´s the best of the total war saga.

PS: forgive my english, I´m Bask

Tiberiu_R has done this mode for Kingdoms 1.3 to make battles of Kingdoms like DarhMod has. You need to install it to Medieval II folder and thats it.

PeteSKTemplar said it right.(thanx PeteSKTemplar )
    Simple Instructions:
    1)install med 2
    2)install kingdoms
    3)install the mod (Battle AI for Kingdoms)

That should do it.
    Enjoy.

hi Tiberiu_R I have found a terrible thing in the AI battle that destroys the game i can destoy a full stack of infantry man only with two generals and two peasent archers it sems that the AI is going after the two peasent archers with all the army and the generals charge them from the behind and they do nothing just going after the archersand they lose every one this is terrible can any one do something about this this is a very stupid AI and this destroys the game plz plz help

unrelated observation, but why do the darth people use the phrase "may the force be with you"?

AFAIK, the Sith's variant is "May the force serve you well." At least, this is what KOTOR tells me.

PeteSKTemplar said it right.(thanx PeteSKTemplar )
    Simple Instructions:
    1)install med 2
    2)install kingdoms
    3)install the mod (Battle AI for Kingdoms)

That should do it.
    Enjoy.
    Thank you very much. It worked fine. It´s the better AI I have ever seen in a total war! Althoug cavalry seems a bit too mighty to me but never mind. Great mod!!

PS: I don´t know how to trigger the kalmar union event on teutonic campaign. Any help? thanks

Thanx Aresta!
    I hope you enjoy the mod. The cav is a bit powerful, but I think it is just as it should be in the real world.

I did play the teutonic campaign with Novgorod, but I don't exactly how the kalmar union works. I think you should capture some towns. A popup tells you exactly what. I can't remember now

Thanx Aresta!
    I hope you enjoy the mod. The cav is a bit powerful, but I think it is just as it should be in the real world.

I did play the teutonic campaign with Novgorod, but I don't exactly how the kalmar union works. I think you should capture some towns. A popup tells you exactly what. I can't remember now
    I saw the popup but even capturing those settlement it doesn´t happen anything. The campaign is still great but It was dissapointing. If anyone knows anything or a place were I should post this answer please help me. Great mod again!

I had Kalmar union only when I either conquered or bought most of Baltic area cities, still aint sure whether it was worthy of those money and soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    I had Kalmar union only when I either conquered or bought most of Baltic area cities, still aint sure whether it was worthy of those money and soldiers.
    Ok thankx. Anyway I´ll keep on trying to trigger it. By the way, Did yo had to make war to Norwegians?

I've been having trouble with Darth AI.

I use WhiteWolf's Byzantine re-skin. I installed Darth AI to my Crusades campaign. The custom battles load just fine. But it's not allowing me to play the campaign.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are my edited files and Darth AI incompatible?