Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

@OSDEA7:
    Is this patch a fix after the final darth mod 1.4d. Darth_Battle_AI_v1.1.exe
    No it is not. Darth Battle AI 1.1 is for KINGDOMS expansion. Darth Mod 1.4D is for Medieval 2.

This is a great mod so far and i'am impressed by the maker who made it.I have run into a few bugs.Who will be looking into the problems now?The bug i had was when attacking a Moorish City the enemy have invisable archers.I'am playing as the English and the bug was against the city of the Moors called Oran.
    Thanx. Can you tell me if the archers had some armour upgrades? And tell me what archers are we talking about. I will try to fix it.

hi its me again with archer problems
    so-i accept that arrows shouldnt kill full plate nights, but the beduins shoot my nights down, with small bows, and my archer wiith much better bows cant't shoot down stupid beduins in !!robes!!, they have no armor, just use this wide formation, but as i said, when 250 guys shoot at 45 in about 30-50meter distance, it shouldnt be a problem to hit them!
    Yes...I know it is frunstrating...I will try to tweak it...

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

i write a report to be read when possible :

1) I tried the crusade campaign with Antioch faction ( the hospitallers one) and after the appearance of Philiph king of france to lead the crusade, i expected the counterpart of the turks to appear, cant remember the name. It didnt happened. Maybe script not working ?

Also the crusade campaign is very easy in medium mode, turks or egyptian never attacked me when i was antioch faction , i had all the time to take all the enemy territories with no problems.

2) Teutonic campaign, something is wrong here by chosing Teutonic faction.

Since the start by building nothing or recruiting anything u will get down unrelenting to great debts ( like - 4000 florins or so each turn for army upkeep taxes) They are really too much, i tried to build markets and land clearance OR conquering like a crazy rusher , but the debt in money is so high that any strategy is futile. This happens in the really first 10 turns, and no i think CA made something wrong here.

Thanks

@ICrusaderI: My mod does not have effects on the campaing part of the game, just the battle aspect is modded. That means that the costs and the Campaign AI, & the campaign script are the vanilla ones.

About the sultan thing...There is a bit of randomness going on. I also played the Crusades campaign and the Turkish Hero cammed later on...
    In case of the Teutonic Campaign: I also started to play the Teutonic one without the mod,vanilla, and i also went down the drain with my economy.
    So my mod has nothing to do with it.

Tiberiu_R, your work has been very good but i ask this:

Me and others guys, we are making HS campaigns and we liked a mod that improved AI. Your work has been very good and all but there is the problem that your mod can load vanilla saves, and we play, attach in the forum and then load. But we need to have a mod that can't load vanilla saves and other mods.

If you could do anything we apreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by SunEyed View Post
    Tiberiu_R, your work has been very good but i ask this:

Me and others guys, we are making HS campaigns and we liked a mod that improved AI. Your work has been very good and all but there is the problem that your mod can load vanilla saves, and we play, attach in the forum and then load. But we need to have a mod that can't load vanilla saves and other mods.

If you could do anything we apreciate.
    I never played Hot Seat campaigns... I don't think there is nothing wrong with the mod. What i think it needs are some arguments(or a cfg) which enable hotseat campaigns. I will try something....

thank you tiberiu at last i know that my wonders were right, its already a luck that is possible to play your ai instead the vanilla one

I wish i could tell you but all archers were invisable so i could not tell what they had as armor or what kind they were.I wish i payed attention to what info was there when i placed my mouse over them to be attacked.I only saw the torches they carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu_R View Post
    I never played Hot Seat campaigns... I don't think there is nothing wrong with the mod. What i think it needs are some arguments(or a cfg) which enable hotseat campaigns. I will try something....
    I didn't said that there was anything wrong with your mod. THERE ISN'T!!!

It's great but i'am just asking something extra.

If you could help us it would be very very good and cool with your AI.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SunEyed View Post
    I didn't said that there was anything wrong with your mod. THERE ISN'T!!!

It's great but i'am just asking something extra.

If you could help us it would be very very good and cool with your AI.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, i know...
    I will look into it...

EDIT:
    @SunEyed: Can you give me your cfg which you are using to play the hotseat campaing?
    There should be something related to hotseat campaigns...
    BTW i found something related to hotseat:

Hotseat options
    multiplayer.playable = enable multiplayer hotseat mode ?!! (doesn't work yet)
    multiplayer.factions

multiplayer.hotseat_turns
    multiplayer.hotseat_scroll
    multiplayer.hotseat_update_ai_camera
    multiplayer.hotseat_disable_papal_elections
    multiplayer.hotseat_autoresolve_battles
    multiplayer.hotseat_save_prefs
    multiplayer.hotseat_disable_console
    multiplayer.hotseat_validate_diplomacy

from:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70942

For the start post here your cfg which you are using.
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 24, 2007 at 02:48 PM.

Hi!

If you want you can fix this yourself. just open the EDU(export descr units), search for burgher pikemen.

i was looking for edu-and i couldnt find it??!
    am i insane or there's no edu at all??
    i have darth mod installed i could find it in only his folder

i wanted to correct burgher pikemen myself but couldnt find it...
    lame
    please help
    bye

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
    Hi!

If you want you can fix this yourself. just open the EDU(export descr units), search for burgher pikemen.

i was looking for edu-and i couldnt find it??!
    am i insane or there's no edu at all??
    i have darth mod installed i could find it in only his folder

i wanted to correct burgher pikemen myself but couldnt find it...
    lame
    please help
    bye
    What do you want to fix about Burgher Pikemen???
    Anyway, if you want to change something about them then go to
    Medieval2\mods\teutonic\data\
    and there should be a file named export_descr_unit.txt
    open it with a text editor and search for Burgher Pikemen. And there you are... Now change the stats if you want.

the funny thing that there is no unit descr. txt file in mods\teutonic\data

neither in normal game folder, wven if i search for it, only in darths mod folder...

i wanted to fix at the burgler pikemen, that they shouldnt throw their spears away when they fight

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
    the funny thing that there is no unit descr. txt file in mods\teutonic\data

neither in normal game folder, wven if i search for it, only in darths mod folder...

i wanted to fix at the burgler pikemen, that they shouldnt throw their spears away when they fight
    This is FIXED(burgher pikemen using the swords)! Just download the mod again and install it. It is 100% fixed. I'm certain of it. I posted above that i was forced to upload about 4 different versions for the 1.1. But download it again and it should definitely work

ok i understand
    but i wanted to fix the pikemen on my own, i like your mod, but i like that i can shoot down the enemy with archers, and in the mod i cant do that
    so i prefer the original one, with some little correction, like the calmar union fix
    please help...why cant i find the descr_unit file??
    i read something about unpacking and such, but i couldnt really understand what they were speaking of..

This mod needs more agressive enemy AI.I do all the attacking.I'am on year 1125 and have yet to be attacked.I do all the aggression.The battles are great except i think the archers arrows are to week.I prefer the strength of the original archer hit points.In this mod why bother having archers.Your better off having all dismounted knights and spearman.The only place i get attacked by the enemy is naval.It does not matter what part of the Darth mod you play the enemy is not aggressive.I do all the attacking.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM.

@darkrider:The file is at: Med2\mods\teutonic\data\export_descr_unit.txt
    If it is not there then you probably have not installed Darth AI for Kingdoms
    @OSDEA7: Well, i will try to improve the archers in the game. About the AI aggresiveness...What AI are we talking about? The campaing AI or the battle AI? If it's the campaign AI then i cannot do anything about it yet...

If you just do include my modding in desc_model.db file in the mod then you balance the projectile as DarthMod original.
    Else it is unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    If you just do include my modding in desc_model.db file in the mod then you balance the projectile as DarthMod original.
    Else it is unbalanced.
    Thakx Darth. I will include it

Tiberiu_R ,OK! i'am sorry not trying to nag you.I think i place these last posts in the wrong thread.My posts are ment for 1.4d.Are you working on that at all or just Kingdoms Ai?.You done a great job with this mod.Thanks for looking into archers.Battle AI is great.Campaign AI lacks big time.No matter how much i attack none of the other factions ever attack my cities or armies.I have to start all the fights or none will happen.I have been attacked by naval but thats it.In fact i attacked a Venetian city that had 2 of their armies next to it.I placed the city under siege one turn to build equipment and by next turn the to Venetian armies that were next to it ran away.Like i said the battle AI is great.Guess i'll wait for the campaign AI to be ajusted. P.S. are there any fixes out scince the 1.4d release that i have not seen and if so where might i find them.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 26, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Well for the campaign AI i will try Xeryx's AI. It looks promminsing. I looked around his thread and it seems he is doing a great job...Never got to talk with him about it...I will give it a try, after i release the Darth Battle AI version 1.2
    I need to look at the missile units and then it is ready.