Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
    Hy!
    i hope you could correct the names in crusaders champaign, please notice me, and i will try it at once.
    What bugs did you find with the crussades campaign?

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

OOO Jesus Christ. I forgot to fix the problem with the differences between the names of special characters(found in descr_strat).
    Sorry. This will be urgentelly fixed, and a new version will be loaded.

Uploaded the fixed version, where I fixed the name incompatibilities. I'm sorry I missed that. Well that should do it. Enjoy everyone.

sorry
    i still get CTD
    and i dont know why??i tried your 1.10 version,
    does anyone have the same problem::??i play the game 40turns now!the mongols are in, as well as venice-perhaps there are other name issues....

sorry
    i still get CTD
    and i dont know why??i tried your 1.10 version,
    does anyone have the same problem::??i play the game 40turns now!the mongols are in, as well as venice-perhaps there are other name issues....
    Please download the new version. I uploaded 3 version untill now. I missed some names(I forgot about Richard. I discovered it by playing myself the Crusades Campaign). Also i wanted to fix the Burgher Pikemen. So i uploaded a new version.
    If you are playing the Crusades Campaign they i strongly recommend you download the latest version. It should work fine! Sorry for the bugs.

will Darth work with Realcombat?

I dont know...I have not looked at the other mods, so i can't tell you yet

Good to see Darth Mod is being kept alive .

I have noticed a bug on the americas campaign. With your mod installed the Native Warriors unit all look like the silver surfer guy from that wierd superheroes movie I keep seeing trailers about. With the mod they all look like they are made out of quicksilver, without they look fine.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by shpritc View Post
    Good to see Darth Mod is being kept alive .

I have noticed a bug on the americas campaign. With your mod installed the Native Warriors unit all look like the silver surfer guy from that wierd superheroes movie I keep seeing trailers about. With the mod they all look like they are made out of quicksilver, without they look fine.
    I never got to play the americas campaign. I played the Crusades and Britannia.
    I will look into it. This goes to my list of bug fixes.
    Thanx

hi tiberiu!
    thx it runs fine now, but there is somethin, i play now with kingdom of jerusalem, and with darth mod-the archers are useless!!!!
    i have lebanon arcehrs-wich are the stronger ones-250 archers fired at beduin camel riders, and couldn't kill one!!!!
    knights were too slow!!

please look after this
    bye

hi tiberiu!
    thx it runs fine now, but there is somethin, i play now with kingdom of jerusalem, and with darth mod-the archers are useless!!!!
    i have lebanon arcehrs-wich are the stronger ones-250 archers fired at beduin camel riders, and couldn't kill one!!!!
    knights were too slow!!

please look after this
    bye
    Yes, in DarthMod archers are less powerful. Darth said very well once regarding arrows:The arrow is just a piece of wood. And i also think arrows did little dammage to armoured units. I see no problem seeing a heavy infantry unit walking in a rain of arrows. Arrow killed of the peasants and the militia brougth by force into battle, and making the flee. But they don't do much against armoured units.
    Besides history, i will look at it and try to improve it

Another bug, on Richard the Lionhearts unit card, it has some generic placeholder for the name of the unit.

Also are there no armor upgrades with this mod? If not is there any reason to build blacksmiths?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by shpritc View Post
    Another bug, on Richard the Lionhearts unit card, it has some generic placeholder for the name of the unit.

Also are there no armor upgrades with this mod? If not is there any reason to build blacksmiths?
    I will look at Richard, but regarding blacksmits there shouldn't be any problems. I didn't touch any of that. About the armor. There should be no problems with that. It is the original vanilla kingdoms. I didn't touched any of that. Probably your unit's armor level is high and you don't have advanced enough blacsmiths to improve this already high level unit's armor.
    EDIT:Most of the units in the Crusades Campaign cannot upgrade their armor. Check this in vanilla. You will see...
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 30, 2007 at 05:49 AM.

with 1.1 i get ctd for crusade campaign :

........Edited.....This is the part that is causses a CTD:
    15:04:24.265 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Richard the Lionheart'.
    15:04:25.312 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 20, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

I Noticed also that playing custom battle with the Hospitalers Knights on Horse with the last upgrade ( brass one ) of armor, there is no plate graphic model on them. You see only horses and no model unit upon them.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Are Scottish Noble Pikemen supposed to have only 11 defense? They have 10 armor and 1 defense skill. Heavy Pike Militia have the same values. Also, the militia unit has 13 attack and the nobles have 12. That can't be right.
    Last edited by SamZi; October 20, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

@ICrusaderI: Download the latest version of the mod. You used a version that did not include a that moment the full fix name(I forgot about Richard;sorry, my fault). Download the latest version and it should work, for sure.

About the knights Hospitalier. I tested it and confirmed it. Thanx for pointing it out. i will look at it.

@SamZi: This is fixed for the next version! The pikemilitia have now 9 attack. That is less than Higland Pikemen(with 10), Noble Pikemen(with 12). I noticed that with the pike miliitia and fixed it, but just for the Britannia Campaign, where it counts. In the other campaigns it does not matter. Anyway, it will be fixed for all the campaigns.
    And I think i will add +1 defense to Noble Pikemen so that logically they are better than Heavy Pike Militia.
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 20, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

hi its me again with archer problems
    so-i accept that arrows shouldnt kill full plate nights, but the beduins shoot my nights down, with small bows, and my archer wiith much better bows cant't shoot down stupid beduins in !!robes!!, they have no armor, just use this wide formation, but as i said, when 250 guys shoot at 45 in about 30-50meter distance, it shouldnt be a problem to hit them!

by

Is this patch a fix after the final darth mod 1.4d. Darth_Battle_AI_v1.1.exe

This is a great mod so far and i'am impressed by the maker who made it.I have run into a few bugs.Who will be looking into the problems now?The bug i had was when attacking a Moorish City the enemy have invisable archers.I'am playing as the English and the bug was against the city of the Moors called Oran.