Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

yes thank you ! it worked, now they no longer drop pikes but instead push with pikes.

You must also remove the formation "square" and keep only the "phalanx" in the EDU.

otherwise they will only use pikes but not in phalanx = unacceptable

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    You must also remove the formation "square" and keep only the "phalanx" in the EDU.

otherwise they will only use pikes but not in phalanx = unacceptable
    Yes indeed... I forgot that

BTW, Darth, i tweaked a bit the pikemen. You used 0.0 formations for all of them. It works great with cav but lots of times they are basically walls for infantry. They seem to get stuck in front of those pikes. And so i modified the formations and used 1.2 in stead of 0.0. I got the same great effect against cav and now there are more chances for infantry to push through the pikes.
    I did this mainly bcs in the america campaign, Spain can recruit lots of pike units and most of their enemies are infantry. This was a must for this campaign.

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu_R View Post
    Yes indeed... I forgot that

BTW, Darth, i tweaked a bit the pikemen. You used 0.0 formations for all of them. It works great with cav but lots of times they are basically walls for infantry. They seem to get stuck in front of those pikes. And so i modified the formations and used 1.2 in stead of 0.0. I got the same great effect against cav and now there are more chances for infantry to push through the pikes.
    I did this mainly bcs in the america campaign, Spain can recruit lots of pike units and most of their enemies are infantry. This was a must for this campaign.
    Damn... i can't belive that i never got that one... really good improvement tiberiu.. i will add it to my files inmediately..

Thanx Naimad.
    If you use something like 2.0 then it helps even more, but it ruins the visual layout of the pikemen. But 1.2 should help infantry push trhough those pikes.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu_R View Post
    Thanx Naimad.
    If you use something like 2.0 then it helps even more, but it ruins the visual layout of the pikemen. But 1.2 should help infantry push trhough those pikes.
    I think 1.2 will be enough.., but maybe something between 1.25-1.5 could help.

i will see when i get some time.., my pikemen are too weak vs non-pike units, i aslo use 10 charge distance to help the AI pushing during charge..

i applied the square thing on the line as u said, but by playing without i noticed this :

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mmaginejo7.jpg

And correct me but i think that this situation is far more realistic to happen instead with square tag obliged where this situation will never happen. In any case its my risk to turn off the phalanx formation and let my troop to form a circle like this, i could receive a charge from a cavalry unit and get owned easily because i dont have any depth formation or organization.

And another question : if each unit has a individual ai behaviour , is it possible by scripting ofcourse, to mix units inside a group ? For example 70 Crossbowmen and 30 melee all together?
    Last edited by ICrusaderI; October 14, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ICrusaderI View Post
    i applied the square thing on the line as u said, but by playing without i noticed this :

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mmaginejo7.jpg

And correct me but i think that this situation is far more realistic to happen instead with square tag obliged where this situation will never happen. In any case its my risk to turn off the phalanx formation and let my troop to form a circle like this, i could receive a charge from a cavalry unit and get owned easily because i dont have any depth formation or organization.

And another question : if each unit has a individual ai behaviour , is it possible by scripting ofcourse, to mix units inside a group ? For example 70 Crossbowmen and 30 melee all together?
    I don't get it.., could you be more clear? how do you get that behaviour? and it was random or you can repeat it?

its not random, its obvius that without the Square tag in the line as said , the phalanx guys with the phalanx icon OFF will fight like any melee units by turning their weapon to their nearest enemy.

As u see my phalanx was sorrounded so i turned the icon off and they started to adapt to the enemy by forming a circle of defense, ignoring the square formation

Hi!
    i would really like to try your mod, i mean darths mod, but the problem i get ctd-s every time i try to load my saved game, and i already corrected the lionheart and sultan saladin problem, but it still ctd-s!!

please update your version!!

100thx

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
    Hi!
    i would really like to try your mod, i mean darths mod, but the problem i get ctd-s every time i try to load my saved game, and i already corrected the lionheart and sultan saladin problem, but it still ctd-s!!

please update your version!!

100thx
    I am uploading the mod as we speak

Added the new version of the mod. Get it now!

Libertus

Tiberiu i did as you suggested and reinstalled mtw2 and all my problems were resoved.
    As for your mod i tried in a couple of battles and there is a definite improvement in the AI behaviour.
    Thank you.Good job

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Great job Tiberiu_R I will give this a try for sure!! I have a coulple of mods I am testing with the AI and need good battles every now and then to break up the monontany.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

will this version work with king kongs stainless steel 5.0 kingdoms???

Quote Originally Posted by TempestKhan View Post
    will this version work with king kongs stainless steel 5.0 kingdoms???
    I don't know. I didn't try with any mods out there. If the mod has new units then it might not work.

Thanx Xeryx and pansoiatr

Icon14 Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

I am impressed. This release was well scripted and designed.
    In anticipation of the new version I played a new Spanish and Tlaxcalan campaign to the middle. So I can jump right into the action.
    I have played both side now a bit and I have seen nothing what would cause me to complain. People could only moan out of spite for this version.

As asking what to improve, I would say siege battles. Would be nice if the AI would try to block the streets and flank me then if it has enough forces.
    It might be that this is beyond the AI engines capabilities.

If "He" says this time your are not "darthed".
    remember how the dark side handle things.

If you want succeed him you have to kill him.
    Last edited by Dragoon; October 16, 2007 at 08:46 PM.

Hello,
    Will this BAI wok with Darthmod 1.4D Reloaded ?

I really like what you guys are doing continueing Darths work for Kingdoms !

@Dragoon: Well it is too bad that the siege AI is not that good. I will take a look into it. I am considering making a custom AI with Darth AI + the AI from Grand Viz(just the siege part). I don't know yet.

@Bubba: I don't know exactly how things are going in Darth Mod 1.4D Reloaded.
    I need to look at it before i can give you an answer.

Hy!
    i hope you could correct the names in crusaders champaign, please notice me, and i will try it at once.