Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

No there is not, and the Aztecs would not use a tight formation anyway.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I do not care about the aztecs, I'm actually not playing americas itself, but I am using the BAI because I am playing a 17th century mod. (lots of gunpowder )

Bummer though that this can not be disabled I found out that by giving the arquebusiers the prec attribute, they would not sprint the long distance to start firing and they would not set to loose formation.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

I guess M2TW is just not working well with gun units. But Empires is comming this year anyway.

I personally am skeptic about that,
    If they plan to release it this year they should at least have something to show us.

I hate the limitations in M2TW, a lot of great things could have been done without these stupid hardcode limitations
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

If you like, you can try the Battle AI in the XAI Lite files..You might see some improvements!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

@wonkuruben: Well, there could be a trick that can be applied for the gunpowder units. You could just make the loose formation just like the compact one. You know...the same values for width and depth...BUT that will also 'disable' your units to use loose formations. Probably gunpowder units should stick together like they did in that period. The weapons were too weak and inaccurate to use for an individual soldier. That's why the gunpowder units were put into lines and used to fire a wall of bullets. Until the introduction of the rifle soldiers were still put in compact masses.
    Enough history...
    wonkuruben, you could try this trick to disable loose formations, but then they will be more vulnerable to plain archers.

Im a huge fan of this AI for Kingdoms, I was wondering if there will be a version 1.3
    Is there a plan of continuing the improment of this AI, or is it final?
    Thanks!
    I took a break with the mod. I intend to make a 1.3 version but I don't know what to add or change at the mod. I'm quite happy with it. The only things that pop-up in my mind that should be changed are some minor texture bugs for some merc units. This has been pointed out and fixed by derdrakken. Also Sleepysmoo came with a fix. So thank you both.
    Besides that, I don't have enough reasons to change the mod.
    But if you point out some bugs and/or suggestions I will make a new version for the mod. I don't know if people still have interest for M2. I don't know...

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

there is interest, there is a lot of that!!! i'm playing darth mod 1.4 x mtw II and the battle AI it's amazing,on the other hand the campaign AI could be little more harder...but is great the vassals sistem that allow you to collect taxes from your vassals!!
    Now i'm going to try the battle AI on Kingdoms, just downloaded!!
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Heya guys,

I have been playing with XAI for Retrofit for the last week and I have to say that this is the best battle AI I have used to date for M2TW! Lusteds AI was superb but yours is even better dare I say You really have done a great job and Darth can be proud of what you have achieved in his absense.

I would like permission to include parts of XAI in my kingdoms grand campaign mod and I will give the Darth team the full credit it deserves for this AI.

best wishes
    Dave

DAVE SCARFACE: Thank you soo much. I am sending you a PM.

For your next patch I was wondering if you could change the Kingdom's units to match the DarthMod altered vanilla ones. I noticed this in the Teutonic, that all the vanilla factions (HRE and Poland etc) had the vanilla traits that were removed in Kingdoms (such as very good stamina for heavy cavalry). This makes the Teutonics, Lithuanians etc alot inferior to their counterparts, Poland and Mongols etc.

Hey there Tiberiu_R, i gotta congratulate you on the mod, battles are great, cavalry runs over swordsmen ) but it has one major problem for me...I can only play custom battles...Whenever I play a campaign, any campaign, i get a CTD when I'm about to begin a battle....Literally every faction and every kingdoms campaign...

Just so you know, i installed MTW2, installed kingdoms and the DARTH AI...No other modifications...

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Darth can I use this with 1.5 without grief? Thanks....... Would love you AI in Kingdoms Campaigns!

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by duda View Post
    Hey there Tiberiu_R, i gotta congratulate you on the mod, battles are great, cavalry runs over swordsmen ) but it has one major problem for me...I can only play custom battles...Whenever I play a campaign, any campaign, i get a CTD when I'm about to begin a battle....Literally every faction and every kingdoms campaign...

Just so you know, i installed MTW2, installed kingdoms and the DARTH AI...No other modifications...
    Hey. Thanx for the congrats
    Unfortunately there shouldn't be any CTD's for the campaigns. I think there is something wrong with your game. Sorry I can't help you. And sorry for not being here. I didn't visited TWC for some while now...

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello Darth i wanna download your mod but when i go to file front and click on down load i get this message.Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.Cheers.
    The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

I have experienced the same problem as well. Hmmm...