Thread: M2TW bugs and EB

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Default M2TW bugs and EB

While personally I am extremely happy to know that a roman era mod with the quality of EB is planned, I really wonder what the team is thinking about the long list of M2TW "issues".

You are obviously aware of the official bug list.

Given the time and effort an EB2 project requires how are you going to deal with the bugs that CA has not addressed yet?

Unit cohesion, passive AI during sieges and the refusal of cavalry to charge and/or use secondary weapons are true game-breakers in the battle map and there are not few bugs in the campaign map.

So do you expect CA to deal with all that in future patches or you have found a way (which I cannot think since most are engine-related) to circumvent those?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: M2TW bugs and EB

I read most of that list and not all of those are bugs, once you get out of the high priority stuff there are a bunch of things purposely programmed in to assist the stupid AI that only seem like bugs cause we all can't do it too. And many are bugs that have transfered over from RTW, which I would have amagined would have been fixed by now if CA ever wanted them fixed.

But anyways, I guess we are hoping that CA makes another patch and fixes some of the worst ones at least.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; October 07, 2007 at 03:05 AM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

will EB use darth mod ai?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Marku View Post
    will EB use darth mod ai?
    I'm not a member of EB team but I can tell you it won't. EB team does everything on its own. But I'm sure they check what others have done as well.

BTW, about those bugs;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=126894&page=2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=36

So the bug list just might get shorter. No guaranties though.