Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Balbvs/Cato (senate records)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Balbvs/Cato (senate records)

Continue all discussions here, thanks.

Winter

Roman Forum
    Last edited by Winter; October 06, 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Balbvs/Cato

Decided to repost my report here:

Quote Originally Posted by We shall fwee...Wode View Post
    A young scribe, Lucius Ativs Balbvs, nervously enters the senate and quietly proclaims

I have here, the a civil report on the state of cities and have been advised to ask that debate be quick so that the consul might set out the building porjects for the cities and other issues relating to them, or anything else for that matter.

I am preparing the construction of roads in Neapolis and Asculum; sewers in Ariminium, Capua, and Apulania; Paved roads in Arretium; an Academy in Rome; and A residence for the governor of Tarentum. Are there compalints to this?
    Last edited by We shall fwee...Wode; October 06, 2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Pics didn't work first time
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

I agree to your proposals,Consul.

Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I reiterate my desire to explore agricultural expansion. This is very much in line with my party and office's desires to help the poor, unemployed plebs find jobs and help the state. Do not forget, expanding agriculture would bring in a lot of taxes to the treasury.

I believe that it is of first priority to construct a road network in our cities,rather than have farmlands divided amongst the citizens;That is because roads can a)grant us a tactical advantage in war for unification of Italy and b)roads tent to generate fare more gold coins than farms... Also i would propose,if our economy could support it,to start the construction of marketplaces in all our cities to increase trade inside the Republic's holdings.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I understand the importance of roads, and will support them being constructed first. However, once these vital pieces of infrastructure are built, I want to ensure that the plebs are not forgotten.

I will agree to that,Tribune. Let us first build the road network to connect our cities together and then we may continue to distribute the lands conquered among the Roman Citizens.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Ancus stands:

I see it fit to announce that I have left the Populares and joined the Nove Optimates, because of this very worrying fact:

The Populares have a grip on Rome, and I cannot see it unopposed.

Surely the Plebs will benefit more from Markets and Forums then Farms which swallow swathes of lands and are tendered by only the few?
    Last edited by sanada; October 06, 2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Lvcivs Cornelivs Svlla stands and delivers a speech:

Esteemed Senators(he pauses for a while...),our faction has crossed through iron and fire; was destroyed and now lives again;I wish to officially announce in the Cvria that that the new Optimates were born today; and we have a vision; to make Rome the greatest nation ever created. A nation that will inspire confidence to its people and fear and respect to its adversaries. A nation that will have the obedience of others not demanded at sword point,as some demented madmen will have but through fair treatment of friends and the harsh punishment of enemies,all those that defy the Authority of Rome; I also say this before you;that we,the triumvirate that represents the Noves Optimates now,will do anything that crosses our hand to make this consulship under revered Ativs Balbvs,a consulship of economic prosperity,diplomatic justice towards other nations and military glory if we are needed to fight yet another war.Finally i address the Optimate deserters; Come back to us,brothers,this insanity will lead you nowhere...Join us in our vision and you will be honored.Oppose us ,and the Optimates will not forgive a second time...

We should not be so quick in building paved roads unless it is to join our cities from our internal Cities that being Rome to the out lieing towns and cities. and as all of our cities are at least in some part ajoining the so called Free People we should not give them less time to maneuver onto our populars places. You are asking for more legions to be created to suppress the iminant threat and there for as Tribune Pleborum, along with our esteemed Cato. I will have to take actions against a vote of such taste.
    For King and Country
    Every one I give you
    King George his most Britanic Majesty

The fighting 95th, First in the field and the last out of the Fray

Why don't they have a Prussian Flag instead of German

I agree with the proposal of roads and suggest we instate road improvement and building projects in all the lands under our control if economically feasible. after all farms can be built however they will help no one if their goods can not get to a market.

and let us not underestimate the military value of such roads. our legions could move up and down the peninsula at need.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

(ooc) I will remind the consul's that they need to appoint a Princeps from the Noves Optimates. The Populares will keep their current Princeps as terms will last 2 weeks. You optimates can have your triumvirate but you will only get one princeps.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Great Senators,

Roads would tend to our Militarstic and Economic needs of this Republic I support this fully.

As for the Populares Statement of Helping the Poor find jobs.. Are they not Smart or Strong enough to go out on the Streets of Roma and find 1 of the many jobs out there? Maybe that is why they are poor.. Why help people who dont help themselves.. and As for the excuse of to much money to move to our newly acquired Territorys it is not hard to load up your things on a cart and travel the long journey to Tarentum or southern Italy to begin a new life many of our Great Senators father's helped themselves and the are now Senators of the Roman Repulic...

This i do not understand but by all means waste your time helping those who dont want to be helped.

Roma Victor!
    -Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

What I mean to give the plebs is grants of land in our territories. I believe my statement of giving them jobs was misleading. I want to break up the old class structure in the conquered provinces. The nobles in Tarentum will not be allowed to keep their riches while Roman poor are suffering.

Ave Senator,

Ah okay. but Tarentum Nobles earn their life as much as the poor did.
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 06, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

Libertus

Ave Jounior Consul,

Congratulations honorable enemy.
    Those "Nobiles" are Greeks who may have fought us or had sent their sons to kill ours. They should be striped of their titles and forced to live a poor.

Ave Senator,

Have you not forgotten that they are Roman Citizens now? so Legally they are considered Roman Nobiles.. And I wont stand for people who earn their life and Riches to be striped of them just because some peasent wants to be rich!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

These Tarantines are no longer worthy of their titles and land. They called the tyrant Pyrrhus, and it was due to their cowardice that I lost an entire legion to the Greek's elephants. And they are not Roman citizens. Only the people of Rome are citizens, the rest of our Italian provinces are allies right now. Do you not remember how we have fought the surrounding cities for the past hundreds of years?

Ave Senator,

Yes Yes, i Remember but do to other as they you would have them do to you!
    That is like Phyruss Defeating us and letting our poor be Citizens of his kingdom and striping us of our titles and throwing us to the wolves!

They did nothing to lose the legion You lost the Legion for You were in command of it and Those Nobiles did not Ride those Elephants into their ranks and kill them off... No.. You lost it therefore you paided the Consaquences of loseing many Soldiers do not blames other for your mistakes.

Roma Victor!
    -Aqulia Decimus Cato

Ave Senators,

I dont like to say this but my brother is right. It is wrong to take ones life away when they have worked so dearly for it. let the poor make their own name instead of being given riches for the more Glorious it will be for them.

~Brutius Decimus Cato
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast