Thread: Future changes/features?

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

Default Future changes/features?

What changes/features would you like to see in the next/final version?
    I for one would want to see some changes to the actual storyline, they probably will save that to the final version though I would like to see them giving M&B a little more "depth" in this stage of the "production" aswell ...
    I think that it has become somewhat repetitive now as you basically do the same things over and over again, pillage/fight/level up your character...This imo gets tiring and that is the reason why I would like to see a little more "RPG" element added, like extended dialogue/new missions/a basic plot etc..

So what do you think?
    I didnt add a poll as I would prefer discussions atm..
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Future changes/features?

Well, I've looked through the python code and I saw this

Code:
    str_father = 119
    str_husband = 120
    str_wife = 121
    str_daughter = 122
    str_mother = 123
    str_son = 124
    str_brother = 125
    str_sister = 126
    I do think it would be neat to have more roleplaying elements.

It is in ID_strings.py if you download the module system for .892.

I wonder, what is it for? Also, in the future you can control castles more in-depth, take cities, and some type of dating system as there is a ministrel in some of the taverns. However, it says "TODO".
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Valus's Avatar Natura, artis magistra

Some heroes also says "TODO" so its work in progress...
    What I find interesting is the ships found in the files and that they can be used, even now in vanilla...That is very promising imo.. Aswell is the fact that you can command the AI, other nobles etc, to attack a town´..

Link: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,26989.0.html
    Last edited by Valus; October 05, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Under the patronage of Søren
    The proud liege of Mimirswell, Proximus, Rhah, Phaedo and EmperorJulian

Former Moderator and Senatorii
    Member of the House of Caesars

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

Well, this forum is pretty much dead. I was going to make a TWCenter Wishlist for Mount & Blade in an effort to get some people talking about this game some more but figured I should stick with a thread that was essentially the same idea.

I'd like to see customizable troops in Vanilla. It would be nice to ready your forces in anticipation of specific battles. e.g. I wouldn't mind being able to give all my troops big shields in anticipation of taking on a castle heavily defended by archers (Khergits!) or issuing maces and clubs when kidnapping peasant women. Err, not that I've ever done the latter.

I'd also like to see the Vaeger turned into a more respectable faction. At the moment they look like a cross between Nords and Khergits with a dash of Ghetto Bandit and pretty much suck in combat. Giving them a definite Middle Eastern look (MTW Saracen Infantry or Janissaries) would make me happy.

And obviously the Rhodoks need a bit of work. Okay, a helluva lot of work. They would make a good Polish/Lithuanian/Russian esque faction. Though I do have to admit, it's pretty fun to ride through a horde of them and dish out death with every swing.

Better AI. As it stands, troops will blindly charge into the enemy regardless of how (obviously) badly the battle must end for them. I'd like to see some troops drop their weapons and run from the battlefield and maybe some dynamic morale as well.

Improved Tactics skill. I mean, WTF?
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

Yeah I figure your right on the faction stuff(as long as theres no guns)
    Swadia - England - Organized, uniformed, well equipped, and strong.
    Vaegirs - Spanish/Moors - They enjoy the advantages of both worlds but their not experts at either.
    Rhodoks - I agree entirely with you they're cannon fodder with the exception of one or two units that are as stoppable as Titans, if I want instant kills I hunt river pirates.
    Nords - Vikings - enough said
    Khergits - They've already got the Middle East theme going good for theme its fine.
    I wouldn't mind an oriental faction either.

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Valus View Post
    Some heroes also says "TODO" so its work in progress...
    What I find interesting is the ships found in the files and that they can be used, even now in vanilla...That is very promising imo.. Aswell is the fact that you can command the AI, other nobles etc, to attack a town´..

Link: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,26989.0.html
    The thing about ships makes me to think that maybe in the future, more factions will appear and maybe more "land" in order for those factions, If not I don't see the ships to be really useful at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

What are the unstoppable Rhodok units? Sergeants seem pretty tough to take down by basic infantry (Footmen, Vaeger Veterans) that is, unless the Sergeants are your troops.

Another desire I have for this game is the ability to click and select individual troops and order them around on the battlefield. That would be particularly nice in castle defense.

Yet another one I would like to see is the ability to recruit faction-specific leader units. By incorporating a Nord Captain in your party, say, you can increase your maximum party size by +20, and maybe get a morale or combat bonus for your troops.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

I was talking about the Rhodok Sargent's I find them to be quite tough until I reach higher levels as most my swings seem to just bounce off them.

Ok so I've waited and listened to many of your posts. The question is it safe to start a new character without worrying about another immediate update? They seem to have leveled off no?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I think its pretty safe atm. Go ahead and try it
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    Yeah I figure your right on the faction stuff(as long as theres no guns)
    Swadia - England - Organized, uniformed, well equipped, and strong.
    Vaegirs - Spanish/Moors - They enjoy the advantages of both worlds but their not experts at either.
    Rhodoks - I agree entirely with you they're cannon fodder with the exception of one or two units that are as stoppable as Titans, if I want instant kills I hunt river pirates.
    Nords - Vikings - enough said
    Khergits - They've already got the Middle East theme going good for theme its fine.
    I wouldn't mind an oriental faction either.
    I agree, except I would classify Khergits as a steppe people (Turkic/Mongol) and not middle eastern