Thread: Hopping army

Default Hopping army

Hello , guys, i recently grabbed copy of EU3 and in my last game i found myself in strange situation (btw, i spend literally 3-4 hours to grasp basics and still don't understand most parts of a game)

So i started on default level with some Irish province and after awhile i annexed all Ireland, but was involved in many wars. But thats not a question.

I had 3 Brittania armies that keep sieging 3 of my towns in different places, i eventually sued bad peace with giving one province independancy, and after that i ran in HUGE problem. I have 2 consecutive provinces, both sieged by Brittania regiments (1000 men inf each) and my armies, one with very good general , 2000 infantry, 3000 cavalry and one simple regiment of cavalry, and now that 2 armies hopping from one province to another, retreating due loss, ENDLESSLY, i simply lost all control to em.
    When i am encountered it, i really laughed my arse off, because it's looks really weird.

Before that situation happened, my main huge army already was in situation when it immediately retreating upon contact. I tried to wait till greenish bar fills (it's morale?), but i still lose.
    I know, it's already loss of everything, but why that happened? What cause blatantly superior army flee like chicks?
    Wicked Lamb

Default Re: Hopping army

Well the green bar IS morale, and that is why your armies are fleeing, their morale is low. If the green bar is full and you're still having this problem, your maximum morale is low.

Have you gone bankrupt? Your maximum morale basically drops to 0 when that happens. If you've gone bankrupt you basically can't fight for something like 5 years.

Yes i've got bankrupt, i didnt knew about maximum morale feature.

Another thing that killing me, it's inflation due minting. I starts with bad income, about +0.4 from my single province, and i really only can play on 0 minting.

If i choose 0.1 (0.13%), after awhile inflation kills my ecnomy, if i play at zero, i barely can send merhcants (on yearly income), and they kept pushed away from market, so i gain zero money.

I want to start war, but with that tempo, i am able to build second regiment only in nearby ~50 years.

Seems like it's impossible to play single province on normal level.
    Wicked Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by gogis View Post
    Another thing that killing me, it's inflation due minting. I starts with bad income, about +0.4 from my single province, and i really only can play on 0 minting.

If i choose 0.1 (0.13%), after awhile inflation kills my ecnomy, if i play at zero, i barely can send merhcants (on yearly income), and they kept pushed away from market, so i gain zero money.

I want to start war, but with that tempo, i am able to build second regiment only in nearby ~50 years.

Seems like it's impossible to play single province on normal level.
    It's hard, but it's not impossible.

I would not worry too much about inflation. People make a much bigger deal of it than it is. Right before I get tax assesors I routinely have an inflation of ~30%, it's not the end of the world. In the early game, as a 1 province nation, you can't just coast through things like you would with France. You're probably going to have to do things like take loans and mint.

As long as you get something during your inflation periods, say a province by a successful war, or you increase your trading empire, or you colonize, then it can often be worth it.