Thread: Questions abou EB dynamics

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Questions abou EB dynamics

I am new here so please read carefull, I realy like EB
    I downloaded EB last night ! The best fan community mod for RTW on the net !
    I am personaly a modder and I have two of my RTW full conversion mods that I havent uploaded yet... (manly because I used some skins and units from TWC and I cant find the way to get premission to upload with a credit)

But...

I came across EB - And I decided not to make my mods any more - But to incorporate some teweaks in my EB game... SO--

What do you (EB fans) think about more dinamycs in sense of wealth and bigger armies in the start? Because, I never understud why there are just a couple of units in some factions (that remind of vanilla RTW)
    In EB I reached Persepolis and i habe taken all Eastern provinces of the rebels - reached Indian Ocean and tok 4 Seleucid towns - in just One night with Bactria and I have never had more than 6-8 units in my army, not to say that I couldnt develop my towns and new army types - I based my building for economy all the time !
    (I mean, not to say that I play RTW good - I am a fan - I play RTW and RTW mods from 2003... I know how tu use spear-infantry with my general)
    In my mods.. (And I hope to implement that in my EB) there is far more money and less riots (manly because Buildings have more Ancillaries especialy Academics and resources have more value - especialy silk and spices..)

The result in all versions of my tweaks are more armies - some of very big and strong cities (like imperial ones - so you fight for the big cities - and make new like them after a long time - all that is posible by tweaking construction time for essential b types - like IMpalace..etc )
    Doing that - you have about 10% of the cities that everyone wants to fight for - cities that can make you march from Rome to India and so on..)

And the main thing is to allow some of top units for every faction to be available for constuction at the start of the game.. (for example - Silver shields and B Agema and not to say the Elephants were almost included in every battle that Seleucids or Bactrian and Greeco Kings fought.. and I can counquer the world before I see my first Agema in the recruit area...

Maybe I am wrong.. (about the dinamycs of EB) beacuse I like it so much and I think it is top if the list .
    (sorry for my english

be well my friends !

Default Re: Questions abou EB dynamics

We have designed EB to be paid in a certain way. This way is slow, with paitence and roleplaying your faction. We don't mind people playing by steamrollering their way across the landscape, but that is not how EB is supposed to be played and so you won't get to see most of EB.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Icon12 Re: Questions abou EB dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    We have designed EB to be paid in a certain way. This way is slow, with paitence and roleplaying your faction. We don't mind people playing by steamrollering their way across the landscape, but that is not how EB is supposed to be played and so you won't get to see most of EB.

Foot
    Yes, you are right, that is why I am playing EB like hell to see all that I can,
    still, I cant change the way I play - maybe that is defect from the vanilla gameplay -- to bad that is in my blood now

I mean, all is great in EB - it was just my impresion that the first time you enter Indias or far East you should have some serious army noumbers and good resistant for the rebels.. and that your army shoul be much larger..

I salute you

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post

I am new here so please read carefull, I realy like EB
    I downloaded EB last night ! The best fan community mod for RTW on the net !
    I am personaly a modder and I have two of my RTW full conversion mods that I havent uploaded yet... (manly because I used some skins and units from TWC and I cant find the way to get premission to upload with a credit)

But...

I came across EB - And I decided not to make my mods any more - But to incorporate some teweaks in my EB game... SO--

What do you (EB fans) think about more dinamycs in sense of wealth and bigger armies in the start? Because, I never understud why there are just a couple of units in some factions (that remind of vanilla RTW)
    In EB I reached Persepolis and i habe taken all Eastern provinces of the rebels - reached Indian Ocean and tok 4 Seleucid towns - in just One night with Bactria and I have never had more than 6-8 units in my army, not to say that I couldnt develop my towns and new army types - I based my building for economy all the time !
    (I mean, not to say that I play RTW good - I am a fan - I play RTW and RTW mods from 2003... I know how tu use spear-infantry with my general)
    In my mods.. (And I hope to implement that in my EB) there is far more money and less riots (manly because Buildings have more Ancillaries especialy Academics and resources have more value - especialy silk and spices..)

The result in all versions of my tweaks are more armies - some of very big and strong cities (like imperial ones - so you fight for the big cities - and make new like them after a long time - all that is posible by tweaking construction time for essential b types - like IMpalace..etc )
    Doing that - you have about 10% of the cities that everyone wants to fight for - cities that can make you march from Rome to India and so on..)

And the main thing is to allow some of top units for every faction to be available for constuction at the start of the game.. (for example - Silver shields and B Agema and not to say the Elephants were almost included in every battle that Seleucids or Bactrian and Greeco Kings fought.. and I can counquer the world before I see my first Agema in the recruit area...

Maybe I am wrong.. (about the dinamycs of EB) beacuse I like it so much and I think it is top if the list .
    (sorry for my english

be well my friends !
    Try the house rules thread to help you understand the way EB can be played with more fun!

Ok, I will give it a try..
    Cant be mad at me for playing as an old veteran

thank you Leao

Icon7 Re: Questions abou EB dynamics

hi EB fans.

i'm afraid i totally agree with maksimus, as i've exposed in other thread EB it's the most beautiful, complex and cool mod of all. but it's really slow sometimes
    (maybe because i just to play SPQR, with 3 to 8 battles per turn, all of them with full stack armies), and in EB i've spended 10 turns without one battle.

so imust confess i”ve modded EB to make it a little more...full of battles. im playing with Koinon hellenon and have modified all other faction's units to half the price... and it worked, before i was being attacked by enemy armies of 3 to 7 units, now i have two full stack of selucids besieging Sardis and a full stack of hayasdan forces are moving to retake the city i just took from them.
    YEAAAAHH, Thats what i call fun.

i understand the original intend of the EB gameplay, but some of us players like different things, so we have to make a little extra effort and modify the mod to our liking, and have fun playing and keep admirind the fantastic, awesome, magnificent work that is EB, wich is absolutely beautifull (skins, UI's, music, the maps..everything) and historically accurate and didactical (i've learned a lot of history playing EB). EB it's not a mod i'ts a real piece of art. but some barbarians like me, just love the big and frecuent battles, can't live without the carnage and chaos of war.

I'm sorry but fighting 3-8 full stack battles per turn is not my idea of 'fun' (or realism)...esp on a 4 turn per year mod

Hey, Eb team encourage modifications that best adress comunitys interest... at least I think they do so!

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    I'm sorry but fighting 3-8 full stack battles per turn is not my idea of 'fun' (or realism)...esp on a 4 turn per year mod
    Hallaluha to that brother.....
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Icon10 Re: Questions abou EB dynamics

then you both should be playing monopoly, and not a military strategy game