Thread: Barbarian Faction Stone walls

Barbarian Faction Stone walls

Category: Mods

Compatibility: Rome: Total War

Screenshot: StoneWalls.jpg

Description:

Ok this will add first level stone walls for the largest barbarian cities. The only thing you must do is open up your export_descr_buildings.txt file and find the line about stone walls. Then just add in the barbarian into the faction listing. Besides that just unzip the contents into your main RTW folder. This will do all of the following.

-add cards for the buildings
    -add descriptions for the buildings
    -add roman style stone walls in battel map
    -add apperance of stone walls in campaign map

View This Mod
    Is leor nod don eolach.
    A hint is sufficient for the wise.
    Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad.
    A light heart lives longest.
    Chomh sean leis an cheo agus níos sine faoi dhó.
    As old as the mist and older by two.

How do i install these files? I can't figure out where to put the .tgas.
    Can someone post instructions please?

fuifui

i tried something, so if it works ill post here where to put the files.

I'm a fool, when you download the zip file, just save it somewhere and double click on it. Chose your rome total war directory and it extracts everything into the proper folders.

Libertus

I always thought it would be better with barbarians having larger nore defensive walls.

fuifui

it does?........oh ****

vlad's Avatar Artifex

this version work with patch 1.2 ?
    Mongol invasion 2 mod for Medieval 2 Kingdoms https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCR...ew?usp=sharing
    New download links of Vlad Total war mod Rome Expansion and Barbarian invasion on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IU1...ew?usp=sharing
    Patch for two vlads mods (for Rome and Barbarians) on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbE...usp=drive_link
    my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vladimir.kudin/
    my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/vlad9vt

OK, just installing the files that came with the .zip doesn't work. You must do that, and then you must also edit one last file, the export_descr_buildings.txt in the Data folder. It's SUPER easy, even a monkey could do it. Just add the word "barbarian" in the stone wall line, like this :

building defenses
    {
    levels wooden_pallisade wooden_wall stone_wall large_stone_wall epic_stone_wall
    {
    wooden_pallisade requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    wall_level 0
    tower_level 1
    }
    construction 1
    cost 400
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    wooden_wall
    }
    }
    wooden_wall requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    wall_level 1
    gate_strength 1
    tower_level 1
    }
    construction 2
    cost 800
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    stone_wall
    }
    }
    stone_wall requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    wall_level 2
    tower_level 1
    gate_defences 1
    gate_strength 1
    }
    construction 3
    cost 1600
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    large_stone_wall
    }
    }
    large_stone_wall requires factions { ct_carthage, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    {
    Now the stone wall will come up in your building que, and you can see it in the building browser as possible to build with a minor city

This worked perfectly fine for me in 1.0, and im about to go try it in 1.2.

If you are scared of altering your file yourself, just give me a private message and i'l send you my file. (My file also gives Spain the option to build Long Shield cavalry and sacred band cavalry, as intended by CA but not actually in the released game. Believe me, this is a plus. )

Libertus

Originally posted by fuifui@Feb 4 2005, 01:26 PM
    it does?........oh ****
    lolololololol sorry just had to post that.lol

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

heya everybody... i am digging this post up instead of making a new one...

as the downloads section is down, and i want stone walls on my barbarian settlements

a couple of things, i am fine editying the export_desc_buildings.txt the thing i want to check up on - is the contents of the download. i assume its moving the appropriate roman wall model and texture files into a barbarian folder... i just want to make sure of the ones i need to move and the locations. (to save a little trial and error)

(for realism sake - the biggest gaulish forts had stone and timber stockades with platforms(as caeser describes of gergovia etc - that would be a nice looking wall indeed skinners)

Well I downloaded the mod and edited the text, however on the camp map - once the stone walls are built you can see it on the map, BUT - on the battlefield the wall is just a stockade. Anything I'm doing wrong??

I think though that first I'll go back and install it again just to make sure...

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

I have done everything as directed in this thread, but the walls do not appear on the campaign map. Instead the barbarian city looks like a village (with no walls). They appear fine on the battle map, build queue and etc. Any help would be most appreciated.

Edit - Here is a picture of how it currently looks:

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...oard1144xu.jpg

Also, I am using v1.5 - and am therefore trying to incorporate these changes as carefully as possible so as not to overwrite anything that was added to these files by later patches (I know this was originally for 1.0 or 1.2). So, any specific text changes I need to make would be more helpful than simply telling me to extract everything to the right folder.
    Last edited by Olmsted; January 23, 2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: To add picture & more info

Okay, big thanks to Marly over at the .com forums. Here is his solution to this problem:

You want to find the descr_cultures.txt file.

change:

city
    {
    normal data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_buildings.CAS, settlement_barbarian_level_2
    wall data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_wall_1.CAS, settlement_barbarian_walled_level_4
    wall data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_wall_2.CAS, settlement_barbarian_walled_level_4
    card data/ui/barbarian/cities/barbarian_city.tga

to

city
    {
    normal data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_buildings.CAS, settlement_barbarian_level_2
    wall data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_wall_1.CAS, settlement_barbarian_walled_level_4
    wall data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_wall_2.CAS, settlement_barbarian_walled_level_4
    wall data/models_strat/residences/barb_city_wall_3.CAS, settlement_barbarian_walled_level_4
    card data/ui/barbarian/cities/barbarian_city.tga

= Barbarian stone walls appearing on the campaign map.

Here is a link to the thread where he helped me:
    http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...cID=3022.topic

Default Re: Barbarian Faction Stone walls

Does this work with Alexander.exe?
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects